Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro vs Williamsburg 10/12 conference championship
Who was the 3 starters out when wburg played Middlesboro? And wasn't it a scrimmage?
KMSFA2 Wrote:This post is incorrect. Middlesboro was in fact offered to move up to Division l and play at Johnson County in the spot that Rowan County had forfeited.

I know that, you know that but obviously there are rose tinted on board. That or people are being misinformed.
Newjacket Wrote:I agree. Williamsburg didn't play last year and I don't blame them as team was very young and had no chance to compete. They only had 2-3 eighth graders. As bad as I know they would have gotten beat, I think that lack of playoff experience will hurt them this year. If middle school is going to be organized and grow, it should be like high school and schools should pay at beginning of year whether they think their team can compete or not.

They could have and should have played in 7th grade playoff.
FBM Wrote:Good clean game congratulations Middlesboro. Disappointed in Williamsburg's coaching staff "Coach" Hopkins is a joke, what business does he have on the staff to begin with, someone please answer this for me please. Good luck Williamsburg in the state playoffs.

He is a joke but let's give him some credit he never payed football.
Jacketpride Wrote:Obviously you don't know "new jacket" because I use to coach with him. I know coach Hopkins very well and it's funny how you all want to put all the blame on him I know then and now all the plays he calls are practice you all obviously don't know what's going on. It's real easy to coach from the sidelines, and obviously that's all this is is mad parents because there kids do know wrong.

What does it matter if they are all ths wrong plays. It does matter what you see is our future. We have every right to be upset we are a small school and his antics has cost us at least 4 future players. I know who they are, IMO he has some jind of ego problem
topnotch Wrote:He is a joke but let's give him some credit he never payed football.

Top notch you are partially correct, the bigger joke is on who ever in charge that let this happen. This team was 7-0 then hoppie wanted to show how smart he was and started changing things to show everyone that he was a genius. I have expressed my opinion as I could not stand and watch this go on another game, and was forced to do something as a last resort to try to bring attention to this situation hoping someone in charge would step in and save this team, unfortunately they didn't care enough to interven. This team had enough talent and should have advanced to at least semi or possible finales of the state. For those parents and kids who put so much in this I really feel sorry how this season ended. For those 7th grade players and parents I hope things change before next year.