Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 28 Lawrence County 6
Yeah from what I understand, it's just on that option he doesn't get the ball very much, it's mostly to Dustin. I think they need to run the play they did at the PC Bowl more often to Chapman, once he's gone nobody can stop him.
yea he is a pretty good running back..there is alout of great backs in the mouints.that is the won thing i like about football in the mountinas
The Counter Trey. For some reason we haven't run it much at all in games this year.

I'm kinda surprised with G's performance on offense this year, more that I didn't expect to see him on offense than I am him being capable of it. The guy has no fear on the field, I've known that since middle school, and him breaking out runs like he has, just ripping and churning away... I love watching the boy drag five times his weight in defenders. He just runs so hard that you have to get 2+ people on him or he's in the secondary and beyond.

I think part of why Chapman hasn't broken out yet this year is just bad luck. It seems like every time he gets the ball it's a play that the line has broken down on. Now I know the line can't block perfectly every play, I'm not downing them, it just seems like their breakdowns and Chap's runs are syncronized.
Sarrr Wrote:The Counter Trey. For some reason we haven't run it much at all in games this year.

I'm kinda surprised with G's performance on offense this year, more that I didn't expect to see him on offense than I am him being capable of it. The guy has no fear on the field, I've known that since middle school, and him breaking out runs like he has, just ripping and churning away... I love watching the boy drag five times his weight in defenders. He just runs so hard that you have to get 2+ people on him or he's in the secondary and beyond.

I think part of why Chapman hasn't broken out yet this year is just bad luck. It seems like every time he gets the ball it's a play that the line has broken down on. Now I know the line can't block perfectly every play, I'm not downing them, it just seems like their breakdowns and Chap's runs are syncronized.

I totally agree with you... Chapman will come into his own real soon, and when he finds what works for him, he will be almost unstoppable. G continues to improve and he is amazing to watch... alot of people underestimate him because of his size, but he's got the heart of a true champion. i expect alot of great things from him this year.
one last comment; i noticed #23 had some play time this week (heath varney), but i hadnt seem him much this season.... has he been hurt? i would like to see him on the field more,he is also a force to be reckoned
with..
I hit the margin right on the head.3 scores
LC is usaully a tuff team to play I don't recall myself ever loosing to them but they are a tuuff team.
Been a couple of years but they've beat Ashland a few times pretty bad.
CatDawg Wrote:Been a couple of years but they've beat Ashland a few times pretty bad.
I'm just talking about in my time the past three years. they aren't a big rival but we usaully have to get ready to play a tuff game.
piratefan_4ever Wrote:I totally agree with you... Chapman will come into his own real soon, and when he finds what works for him, he will be almost unstoppable. G continues to improve and he is amazing to watch... alot of people underestimate him because of his size, but he's got the heart of a true champion. i expect alot of great things from him this year.
one last comment; i noticed #23 had some play time this week (heath varney), but i hadnt seem him much this season.... has he been hurt? i would like to see him on the field more,he is also a force to be reckoned
with..

Yeah, if G's courage had mass, he'd weigh a freakin' ton!

Heath IS #23, and he's another one who I feel is underestimated, as are the sophomores (Ivan, Coleman, and... #28, the LB... can't remember name).

I'm telling you, we are so deep in the backfield this year that I'd run the plays in with one and keep a pretty fresh 3-some in constantly. We have 5 backup running backs who would start at almost any other school.
Sarrr Wrote:Yeah, if G's courage had mass, he'd weigh a freakin' ton!

Heath IS #23, and he's another one who I feel is underestimated, as are the sophomores (Ivan, Coleman, and... #28, the LB... can't remember name).

I'm telling you, we are so deep in the backfield this year that I'd run the plays in with one and keep a pretty fresh 3-some in constantly. We have 5 backup running backs who would start at almost any other school.

So true. Heath done good . I think he'll be seeing more time in the future. As for little G I think he has impressed everyone this year 1 word I got for this boy it is HEART. Chapman will be coming out soon, I think he needs to get the ball more times and try giving it to him consecutive times like they do Dustin. They give it to him one time and the line breaks down and then they go another 5 times to Dustin with the line breaking down a one or 2 times and the Dustin gets a big run. Then they go back to him and the line breaks down again. Maybe if they go to him a couple times it'll work. Who knows, but everyone knows Chapman has got game and quickness, he is the senior leader of the team and he wants to go back to the carpet just as bad as anyone else does.
Epling is quick...he has deserved the carries he has gotten...the Belfry offensive system is designed around the fullback...always has been...even when they had Jones and Howard the first read was the fullback and he got his share of carries..that's why May gets so many carries...he is a power guy who just wears down the opponent's defense..Chapman has seemed to not be running as hard as he has in past years..seems to be picking and hunting for the hole instead of hitting it..they are defeinitely better with Elkins at qb...more athleticism at qb makes the system work even better..
Chapman has a lot on his mind right now,He is a definite speedster who we need badly!!!! But his dad aint doin to good,so give him a big time break ok!!!!
Not to say that anyone was talkin badly bout him. but lets let him breathe a bit.
I just called it like I see it...wasn't dogging the kid...just made an observation...and knowing what kind of kid Chapman is...he wouldn't want people on here making excuses for him...Epling has been best halfback so far..bottomline....best player is May...by FAR
Also...this team has NO ONE in the same atmosphere speed-wise like they have had with Jones, Howard, and Maynard......this team can be very good...but the athletic ability they have had in years past is not there....
We have all the althetic ability we need right now. We will be just fine. Of course its hurts not to have Jones, Howard, Maynard but thats the past and now is now and we are ready to go back to state more than ever. Epling is proving himself big time. Chapman will come soon, he doesn't want no excuses hes going to do what he has to do to get his team back and state and more than ever do it for his dad. Who loves him and the game very much. Elkins is very patient in the backfield and is better off staying at QB and I think Haywood and his staff has seen that.
You NEVER have all the athletic ability you need! That is a ridiculous statement. Not dogging this team...I am a Belfry fan...but I am also realistic...yep...now is now..and I hope "now" that some other teams lost a lot too..
You guys have turned my opinion into something personal...I voiced my opinion...just like the rest of you guys do!! Not personal...just my evaluation of this team...
congrats to Belfry
So is Belfry 2-1
NYY10 Wrote:So is Belfry 2-1
yeah there only loss was to Ashland and it was only by 1 point....28-27
Go watch some baskets Hoop!!
I have to agree as far as Elkins is concerned. It would be in Belfry's best interest to let this boy quarter back. He is a quick thinker, and seems to keep a calm, cool head about him.
Has anyone considered that since Chapman is a returning senior, who rushed for well over 1000 yards last season, that defenses may be keying on him.

Just a thought!!!
congrats belfry........and as far as the running back situation at belfry...not dogging the talent of the backs at all cause where i am from it is the same way...so with that said...the system ran at belfry is the exact same as sc....and johnson central....WISHBONE.....WING-T.....ACE....AND SO ON .....IF YOU HAVE A LINE THAT CAN HOLD IT'S OWN .....NOT DOMINATE BUT HOLD IT'S OWN.....you will have successful running backs......of course there is no doubting the talent at any of these schools...but when this offense is implemented right....it is almost unstopable....there are so many "set up plays"...and options that you can't really key on any one person...i.e. key on chapman..oh well you have "the list"....key on dials ..you have kelly..and slone.......
belfry is great
NYY10 Wrote:belfry is great
Yeah they have a great team once again
could possibly win state if SC don't knock them out first
JWBN4EA Wrote:could possibly win state if SC don't knock them out first
I would say if the two teams played each other today SC would win but late in the season and in the play-offs I might have to go with Belfry. I would love to see either one of these teams win it all this year maybe SC more just because they don't have hardly any thing to work with and if they wasta win it all maybe a coal company would take up some interest and give them a nice place like belfry has. :Thumbs: