Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A-Rod suing MLB
Alex Rodriguez has filed a lawsuit against Major League Baseball, accusing MLB of buying the cooperation of Biogenesis founder Tony Bosch to further a "witch hunt" to push him out of the game permanently, according to Steve Eder, Serge Kovaleski, and Benjamin Weiser of the New York Times.

The lawsuit claims that an investigator paid $150K for stolen records pertaining to Rodriguez (part of which was reportedly exchanged in a paper bag at a Fort Lauderdale restaurant). The lawsuit also claims that MLB has paid Bosch as much as $5MM for his cooperation in addition to promising to provide him security, cover his legal bills and indemnify him from civil liability. Rodriguez is quoted as stating that this lawsuit is separate from the ongoing arbitration hearing regarding his 211-game suspension:
[INDENT] "The entire legal dynamic is very complex, and my legal team is doing what they need to in order to vindicate me and pursue all of my rights. This matter is entirely separate from the ongoing arbitration. I look forward to the arbitration proceedings continuing, and for the day to come when I can share my story with the public and my supporters."
[/INDENT] MLB and the Yankees have both denied claims of conspiracy to force Rodriguez out of the game, the NY Times team notes. Commissioner Bud Selig is listed as a defendant on the claim, but the Yankees and Yankees team officials are not.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/10/al...eball.html
I don't agree with any player useing PED's! With that said, MLB has went way over board with what they have tried to do to A-Rod. All the other players in this mess got 60-50 games,but they want to give him 211. In away it is a witch hunt. IMO I think the Yankees are in on this as well cause they don't won't to pay the rest of his contract.

Make no mistake A-Rod should be suspended just like the others, but 211 games??