Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dusty is GONE!
Reds and Dusty part ways this morning! Thoughts???
I heard the same on B105 earlier. Although unofficial, if true, I'm alright with it. A "skipper" is responsible for motivating his team and meeting expectations.

Anything less than final 4 in the NL would warrant a dismissal. I like the fact that Castellini pulled the trigger now, rather than wait for a repeat next year in his final year of his contract. Dusty is good, just not very good.

So who out there is very good and can motivate the Redleggers to a playoff series. Not a won and done wildcard playoff game?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
#Boom
Probably for the best since there was no urgency down the stretch to win A GAME or two.
This will not be the only big move the Red's make this off season
Spirit100 Wrote:So who out there is very good and can motivate the Redleggers to a playoff series?

I'd like to see the Reds give Bryan Price a shot before Seattle does, which is probably where he's going if the Reds don't make him the manager
They're mad in St. Louis
How many look at this thread and was disappointed that it was Dusty Baker who we were talking about Wink
E's Army Wrote:They're mad in St. Louis

This was probably worse news in Pittsburgh than the @$$kicking they took yesterday....
Now the Reds leadership needs to pull a Bobby Savoy Special, circa the "Natural" and hire who will get them to the final 4. Not an easy task!

I think they cut a big check. To whom, I'm not sure yet. Sad that we are disappointed over a 90+ win season. Yes we're spoiled, a lot of other teams and their fans would love to be in our position.

But after you taste a World Series Championship , you strive to obtain that same taste. With two weeks left in the season and 2 games back, a skipper reels in their players and motivates them to a new level. Instead the Reds sat on the beach drinking foo-foo crap and didn't show the want or will to close the deal and make a good run.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Not sure who the reds go after, price is one who has to be thought of for sure, whom ever it is I hope they can get us over the hump.

With a new manager comming I hope that we will see more stealing of bases than this year. It's pretty bad when a player can come up from the minors and almost lead the team in stills in less than a month. Would like see more hit and runs too.
I'm a little surprised, but I won't complain.

IMO tho I believe the Reds will stay in house with their next manager, either Bryan Price or Jim Riggleman.
Time to bring Pete back Confusednicker: His girlfriend will motivate the boys!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
With the Reds roster it should be easy to find a first rate manager. Good place to have some success.
Stardust Wrote:How many look at this thread and was disappointed that it was Dusty Baker who we were talking about Wink

Guilty
I think its a great move depending on who they bring in.
The Reds have playoff talent consistenly now, but Baker is no champion when it comes to dominating.
I think its time for the Reds to go all out. Bring in the best you can. Break the bank if you have to.
J-Rod Wrote:I'm a little surprised, but I won't complain.

IMO tho I believe the Reds will stay in house with their next manager, either Bryan Price or Jim Riggleman.

I think that would be a mistake. The Reds need a manager who will crack the whip a bit. Price and Riggleman are probably too friendly with the players.

They also need a leader on the field. There is no leadership on the team. Phillips likes to talk but is not a leader. Votto is just Votto. Bruce is too timid. the rest are just parts of the team. A Scott Rolen type would be helpful whether he plays much or not. You don't win without leadership.
Supposedly Dusty was fired because Jocketty and Castellini were wanting to fire his hitting coach. Dusty tried to bluff them off firing Jacoby who has sucked for years, and told them if you want to fire somebody fire me. So they fired Duty. Hopefully the new skipper will be on board with firing Jacoby too. Too long they have let Jacoby's swing for the fences philosophy rule the hitting instruction, and had bad clutch hitting.