Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst Years for Mountains Teams?
Every team has a bad year, some more than others... Whats some of the worst years for teams around that you'be heard of? and what was their records?
For Pikeville I believe the year was '97
The mountains, as a whole....Have had a bad year for a long time....With the exception of belfry...If the hills of kentucky are to do any better, they need to start developing youth leagues (more than there are now) and getting to the kids at a much younger age and staying with them throughout their career....
I agree 100%
at pikeville it just seems that the Jr high kids just keep getting smaller and smaller
I agree 100%. The schools keep getting smaller and smaller, not just at pikeville. But, it could be to the possibility that kids has way too much to do these days. They aren't lifting weights when needed and most players just dont have the love for game. Work ethic is also a factor.
Seriously it is..... Less and less kids are working like they used to, the school system is more worried about our academics than anything, a good education is a great and much needed thing today, but the way they are taking it is really getting on my nerves
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:Seriously it is..... Less and less kids are working like they used to, the school system is more worried about our academics than anything, a good education is a great and much needed thing today, but the way they are taking it is really getting on my nerves
The lack of kids working or laziness as I'll call it has nothing to do with the school systems or academics. It has to do with the general laziness of more and more kids. Work ethic doesn't come from the school system it is instilled at home at an early age.
BTW-academics are why you are at school...sports are extra curricular.
You will use your brain much longer in your life than any muscles or sports skills you might learn.
Indeed....Much words of wisdom from the wise man.
I said its a much needed thing lol
i just dont think the school influences extra circular activites much anymore
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:I said its a much needed thing lol
i just dont think the school influences extra circular activites much anymore

I agree. Academics are the most important thing. But kids will get burned out in school if they have nothing to do but study. That leads to more kids not wanting to go to college and continue their education. With sports, this takes some stress away from your studies, and let's ya live a little. But schools anymore are just worried about the CATS test and all that just to make the school look good. I mean if you go to a ballgame in the mountains you hardly ever see fans actually rooting for the team. Granted you got places like Pikeville and Belfry who almost always have an awesome fan turnout. But at Pike Central, SV, and ER, the away fan base isn't that great. And at the middle school games there may be just about 20-30 ppl show up for both sides, and that is mostly the parents.
School spirit isn't really in the schools anymore, because from what I have heard it's illegal to have a pep rally, and that's one of the many things schools can do to pep the fans up. But when you take these things out, the fan base dies out. When that goes, less people want to play, when that happens the school starts to do bad at the sport which then leads to the sport dissappearing from the school, which then leads to less kids at the school due to nothing fun.

Academics are important in the long run for the student. However, if you want a student to actually excel in life, then give the student more things to do. School should be about having fun, and learning lessons of life. These are things that can't really be taught in a classroom. No one can teach a kid how to make friends, he has to learn it by hisself, and that is where the extra curricular activities come in.
couldn't have said it better my self =D>
pike central every year
haha