Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland/Russell game postponed
It's official! The Ashland/Russell game is postponed till 7:30 saturday evening. We are assuming that the weather was the deciding factor though I have seen worse conditions.
Whats the deal its just rain, sounds like ashland though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Whats the deal its just rain, sounds like ashland though.

Kind of my thought. I remember in Josh Gross' senior year when we played Fleming Co for the regional championship game it was a steady rain all evening. After the game both players and cheerleaders were doing belly slides across the R in the middle of the field. BTW Gross had 279 yards rushing at the half. I walked across the field after the game and there was a good 3-4 inches of mud.

Come on it's FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!:ChairHit:
This is sad. It's highschool football. Unless the conditions are dangerous (ie. lightning storms, tornado warnings, etc) a game should never be rescheduled. I wish I could get ahold of the proper people and find out why exactly the event is being rescheduled.

One concern could be fear of getting the field too torn up for this early in the season. This will be Ashland's last home varsity game until Sept 29. If they can prevent too much wear and tear on the field this weekend, it should allow the crew to keep the field very nice for the rest of the season.

I remember in 2002 when Russell's field got too worn out and they had to move their "home" playoff game for the regional championship against Mason County to Putnam. That's the last thing any team wants to do is play a home game on the road in the playoffs.

An even bigger reason for the chance in combination with the weather would be the opportunity to make more money at the gate. This is the premier matchup in this area of the state and having it on a day by itself will allow all other fans to come to the game and increase revenue for the school.

In any fashion, I was ready to see this game and now I have to wait one more day.
Tomcat68 Wrote:An even bigger reason for the chance in combination with the weather would be the opportunity to make more money at the gate. This is the premier matchup in this area of the state and having it on a day by itself will allow all other fans to come to the game and increase revenue for the school.

I posted that same thought on another site and got raked over the coals for it.
Yea I read that. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Tomcat68 Wrote:An even bigger reason for the chance in combination with the weather would be the opportunity to make more money at the gate. This is the premier matchup in this area of the state and having it on a day by itself will allow all other fans to come to the game and increase revenue for the school.

that is completly true
Thought it took lightning to call off a game. Not trying to offend anyone, But on a night like tonight, Muddy,Rainy, Russell big time.
MR.FOOTBALL Wrote:Thought it took lightning to call off a game. Not trying to offend anyone, But on a night like tonight, Muddy,Rainy, Russell big time.

I think that statement is 100% true. But what's done is done. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.
Better check Ashland's spikes! HEE HEE! Just kidding Tomcat fans. Don't rake me over the coals. I am just making fun of some of our fans!
jchsrulz Wrote:Better check Ashland's spikes! HEE HEE! Just kidding Tomcat fans. Don't rake me over the coals. I am just making fun of some of our fans!
Thats funny! I went round and round with jc fans for weeks about that!!!LOL
Ashland obviously thought that the field conditions would not help there chances friday night and im not kidding. The game with JC last year at Putnam was horrible and all that water on the field wasnt from the sky either.:thumpsup: Wet or dry Russell should win this game.