Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's The Best Grade School Team In Big Sandy Area?
I read above where someone said the county elementary schools won't play Paintsville Elementary because their is not a school team. That's not true, they won't play Painstville in Elementary basketball either, and that's not a recreational league. I know that for a FACT, and that has everything to do with the school. If it's not true have their elementary athletice director call Coach Runyon today and we'll play each one a fifth and sixth grade game home and home. We'll play them all at there places before we have the first game at home. It would sure save us a lot of travel time. As Dr. Phil says, Lets do it......
Youngerthandirt Wrote:I read above where someone said the county elementary schools won't play Paintsville Elementary because their is not a school team. That's not true, they won't play Painstville in Elementary basketball either, and that's not a recreational league. I know that for a FACT, and that has everything to do with the school. If it's not true have their elementary athletice director call Coach Runyon today and we'll play each one a fifth and sixth grade game home and home. We'll play them all at there places before we have the first game at home. It would sure save us a lot of travel time. As Dr. Phil says, Lets do it......
i thought all 5th and 6th grade played in the Pal leauge?
Nope.....we've had a "C" team for a few years, this year we'll have two elementary teams, fifth and sixth. We've had an elementary team for a long a I can remember, except for the last four years. We had to travel so much with the elementary team, we just called them a "C" team and let them play other middle/elementary schools with a sixth grade teams or 7th graders that didn't get a lot of playing time. The last county elementary team I remember us playing, other than AAU, was in 1992 against WR Castle. I may be wrong since I skipped a few years in between, but if we have played them it's only been one or two games in 14 years.
I spoke with one of JCMS's Middle School Players the other night at the game and I asked him when they played Paintsville Middle School this year and he told me "MR. Adams said they have been calling to schedule a game with Paintsville but they won't play us."
I told him that i didn't think that that was true because they played them in Pikeville last year and if that was the case they wouldn't have played them then. I told him he must be dialing the wrong number! LOL!!
They have not called.......It would be silly not to play a middle school game when you play each other at least twice during the year in varsity basketball, sometimes four times.

The above post were about elementary basketball, but I'm sure the middle school teams would play also, home and home.
Youngerthandirt Wrote:They have not called.......It would be silly not to play a middle school game when you play each other at least twice during the year in varsity basketball, sometimes four times.

The above post were about elementary basketball, but I'm sure the middle school teams would play also, home and home.

I would be silly not to play each other. The Middle School Girls played each other this year and I was told that it was a packed house. I also heard it was a Good Game. So why not play each other? Sounds like it was a good time and a good night for concessions and gate. Both schools benefit from it and the kids love it.
panther- Wrote:I think belfry and pikeville
martin co.----no
Pikeville beat them last year 18-6

Yes they might have beat them last year but this is this year. This year Inez and Warfield middle schools combined their football team. They are awesome and so far #1 in the the big sandy comp. So yes Martin Co is going to win I think.