Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne Football
Why do people down this years team at Betsy Layne...I know that they havent had the best seasons in the past couple years but they have a new coach and a new attitude and cant you people just show them some respect? I think if you ask the players from powell and allen cent. they will tell u they deserve it...Even if they dont by the end of the season you all will be eating your words on this team....
Being a parent of a bobcat football player, I have a few things to say. First off, I would like to thank Pike County for giving us Coach Branham. The second thing is this,Betsy Layne football is changing. People always get on this site and among others and talk about things to do to fix a program and I think Betsy Layne has made it happen. I am talking about the total number of players, administration support, great middle school program and booster club support. The bobcats will not win everygame but after you play them you will respect them I guarantee it. So if you are a doubter then please come out on any friday and watch them.

Also one more thing, isnt this great, I am talking about when is the last time you have seen so many bobcat fans on here. BOBCATS PLAYOFF BOUND IN 07!!!!!!!
they may have turned there season around because of a new coach, but they are definately not going to the playoffs anytime soon..a good football program takes a while to build..give it a few more years and then well see..
Sorry to disagree with you, but next year, BL will make the playoffs in Class A. I spoke with Coach Branham at his house tonight and he is very optomistic about competing in the Class A district and making the playoffs next year. All that he talks about is how these young men grow daily and how the whole community are now into the Bobcat Pride. He is the happiest that I have ever saw him in the 22 years that I have known him. Bobcats take care of him and he will fight tooth and nail for you.
dfblackcat53 Wrote:they may have turned there season around because of a new coach, but they are definately not going to the playoffs anytime soon..a good football program takes a while to build..give it a few more years and then well see..
The Bobcats never gave up in the BLHS/ACHS game.
Thank you and all of the GREAT people in the Betsy Layne community. The Bobcats are BACK. I could have only hoped for the support from the community, administration, and the players. It is a welcome change to be in a program that is willing to follow the dreams of this supposed "Washed Up Coach" and fight for everything we get. Thank you players for believing in me and together we will be competitive in every game. Thanks to the administration for believing in me and giving me the chance that Pike County never did. And the community who took this coach known only as an assistant and believing in his cause and supporting me. Our motto when we go to Class A district play will be...." In it to Win It"
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Being a parent of a bobcat football player, I have a few things to say. First off, I would like to thank Pike County for giving us Coach Branham. The second thing is this,Betsy Layne football is changing. People always get on this site and among others and talk about things to do to fix a program and I think Betsy Layne has made it happen. I am talking about the total number of players, administration support, great middle school program and booster club support. The bobcats will not win everygame but after you play them you will respect them I guarantee it. So if you are a doubter then please come out on any friday and watch them.

Also one more thing, isnt this great, I am talking about when is the last time you have seen so many bobcat fans on here. BOBCATS PLAYOFF BOUND IN 07!!!!!!!
i hope they turn it around up there and give that district some trouble and shake ups
Bottom line is alot of people don't like to see anyone get any better.
I don't know about play-offs anytime soon but you are improved some-what anyhow.
I did talk to some people from Powell and all I heard was you won the game because the 45 yards in penalties the final minute of the game.
Coach has done a great job in changing the whole attitude of the team.
I wish you guys the best but take it one game at a time. Worry about the rest of this season, Not making the play-offs next year. I had a friend went to the Betsy-Powell game, He left at half, Said it was 2 bad teams playing. I told him Betsy lane got a win and that's more than they did all of last year. I can see you guys winning mabey 4 this year and that will be a great improvement. You gotta learn how to walk before you fly. Good luck.
Coach as one of your players I'm glad you took the opportunity to come and turn this program around. thank you for believeing in us when noone else would and to pike countyyou all dont know what your missing he's a great coach
CoachB Wrote:Thank you and all of the GREAT people in the Betsy Layne community. The Bobcats are BACK. I could have only hoped for the support from the community, administration, and the players. It is a welcome change to be in a program that is willing to follow the dreams of this supposed "Washed Up Coach" and fight for everything we get. Thank you players for believing in me and together we will be competitive in every game. Thanks to the administration for believing in me and giving me the chance that Pike County never did. And the community who took this coach known only as an assistant and believing in his cause and supporting me. Our motto when we go to Class A district play will be...." In it to Win It"
Keep it up coach, well see ya in district play nexy year.
Betsy lane really needs about 4 more years of non-district play to get their foot in the door of trying to build a program. Big time difference when you get in district play.
Try to keep the schedule you have so you can win some games first learning how to win along the way. In it to win it, Ok once again you talk about district play next season with this coment. Looking too far ahead their coach, All about next season could leave you 1 and 9 this season.I like the improvement up there but it seems all focus is being lost on this season and the logo-In it to win it- Focuses on next season in district play which by all means will be a different world. Powell had you down 22-12 at half and their pretty bad, So I wouldn't be calling out a team like Pikeville because if they wanted too, They could beat you by 60 easily. Focus on this season, Win a few games, Have fun. If you focus all on next year and district play you easily might not win another game this season.Good coaches never let their team look ahead to anything other than the game this Friday they are playing. I wish you guys the best of luck but when you brag about being competetive against a Pikeville, That will get 60 put on the board on you fast. All the focus is on next season and that's not good at all for the rest of this one. The most dangerous dogs won't BARK , They'll just bite you.
I agree with you 100% nobody has any respect for Betsy Layne cause of our past but now we are lookin ahead to the future now................All i got to say is by the end of the year you all will be respecting them bobcats
District-1-8- Allen Central, Betsy Layne, Paintsville, Phelps, Pikeville, South Floyd

To make the playoffs they have to beat 2 teams

Paintsville and Pikevile No way
So who do you think they will defeat?
Tuff lost last nite
But Im pulling for you all.
Probably because all of your fans, players got on here and talked about All of the change that is going on and how good they are going to be..and uh..well..don't really see the difference in outcomes!
Please don't hold all players and fans accountable for the actions of a few other players and fans. There are actually some fans that are ashamed to sit near others for the way they act (talking trash to Refs, Coaches & even Players). They use language that is not appropriate for the little kids who sit around them.

1. If people think screaming trash at refs is going to help, WRONG ANSWER.

2. Coaches & Players need encouraging words not all this negative trash coming from there own fans.

Just remember this is a sport for are kids.

Have respect for the other teams and there fans and the people sitting near you.

With all that said Betsy Layne is improving and we are proud of our Coaching staff & Players. If we didn't win another game this year I would still feel the same way because of the change I have seen in the kids attitude.
I have known Bobby B for a while
He will do a fine job at Betsy Layne
John3_16 Wrote:Please don't hold all players and fans accountable for the actions of a few other players and fans. There are actually some fans that are ashamed to sit near others for the way they act (talking trash to Refs, Coaches & even Players). They use language that is not appropriate for the little kids who sit around them.

1. If people think screaming trash at refs is going to help, WRONG ANSWER.

2. Coaches & Players need encouraging words not all this negative trash coming from there own fans.

Just remember this is a sport for are kids.

Have respect for the other teams and there fans and the people sitting near you.

With all that said Betsy Layne is improving and we are proud of our Coaching staff & Players. If we didn't win another game this year I would still feel the same way because of the change I have seen in the kids attitude.

Could not have said it any better!!