Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#20 Florida 24 Kentucky 7
Final

Florida extends the streak another year
Kentucky needs to pick a quarterback. The 2 QB system is just not working. Actually, not much on offense is working at all. It's not a good sign when your kicker is your leading rusher.
^
Ive been saying that since the Joke himself started doing that nonsense.
It is absoloutly horrifying to watch Whitlow try to run an offense.

I know these are Jokes players for the most part, but Stoops blows my mind with some of his play calling.
It's pretty easy to figure out who Darrian Miller wants to start at QB! He let the Florida DE just KILL Max Smith 2 times, the DE was lined up right in front of him and he never touched him! IMO it was obvious what Miller was doing! I never heard of a Left tackle not blocking the DE on passing play! I was also not happy with Neal Brown's play calling IMO he got too cute at key times! IMO Stoops' D played well enough to win this game! They seem to be improving ever game.
Tackles got their butt kicked on both sides of the ball.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^

I know these are Jokes players for the most part, but Stoops blows my mind with some of his play calling.

When a coach has to play 2 QB's that means he doesn't have one GOOD one! I have always kind of liked Max Smith but he has ZERO ability to elude a pass rush and is not accurate enough for the Air Raid system. I think its time to move Whitlow to WR, give Max Smith his walking papers and move up Towles and the kid from Tenn! I will also be glad to see Roberto Duran aka Raymond "Hands of Stone" Sanders gone!
Florida has one of the best defenses in the country, but it's no excuse as UK had opportunities on offense, but they stunk it up tonight, just like they did against UL.

The two quarterback system isn't working and I just don't understand why Kemp doesn't get the ball more. He runs harder then any running back UK has had in recent memory. Don't think he's had a bad run all year, but they keep running Sanders and he just isn't quick enough to hit the hole like Kemp.

Defense isn't bad, but it isn't good either. A lot better than last years defenses, but the defense isn't getting any help from the offense. They've been on the field the entire time the last two games. I do wish Stoops would have the DB's play up on opposing receivers instead of giving them a 8-12 yard cushion.

Wasn't impressed with the play calling by coach Brown today either. Tried to get fancy too much and it seemed like it never worked out. Too many negative yardage plays tonight.

The newcomers continue to impress though. They all get better each week. The guys Joker recruited here, still aren't worthy of playing for many Sun Belt teams outside of Dupree and Williamson.
Timmons and Kemp are both a big play waitin to happen.
It was an INCREDIBLE atmosphere! There was 70K inslide the stadium and another 10K outside. When we left, the party was going on stronger than when we went in. Awesome seats where you could still hear the POPS!
Sanders has been a huge dissapointment IMO.
Stardust Wrote:It was an INCREDIBLE atmosphere! There was 70K inslide the stadium and another 10K outside. When we left, the party was going on stronger than when we went in. Awesome seats where you could still hear the POPS!

That will make a huge difference in recruiting. Players know this team is bad. However, if they can believe the coach staff is good, yhe fans are behind them, and the facilities are good, you can nab some big time players. UK either has or has a concrete plan for all those matters. 70,000+ at a game that UK probably wouldn't win is huge.
This team is already improving. You can see competitiveness so far. They played Florida and Louisville MUCH closer games than they did last year. I am impressed so far this year, but we will have to be patient.. within a couple years, this team could be really tough.
[Image:

]
1. pick a quarterback. I don't care which one. Just do it for the sake of consistency.

2. Keep Kemp and Timmons in the game as much as possible.

3. Patience. Keep recruiting players that can matchup.

Finally my only real complaint. The thing I hate about the air raid. Get under center and convert short yardage situations. This 3rd and 1 and shotgun stuuf is killing me. Just throw a power formation in there for short yardage. Please!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^

I still think they should have brought in Petrino. Then none of this nonsense like playing two QB's would be happening.
footballfanatic33 Wrote:I still think they should have brought in Petrino. Then none of this nonsense like playing two QB's would be happening.

FINALLY, someone who knows the game like I do, and knows A LOT.
Ive been saying Petrino ever since he screwed the blonde.

That man would have been on his best behavior always watching his steps, and he was by far the BEST coach in America without a team.

Oh how i wish he was wearing blue.

Petrino!