Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County JV 24 East Carter 0
Big things are to come!!!!!:rockon:
congrats LC on your big win!
Nice job boys now get ready for Friday night.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Anybody have stats??
Lawrence always seems to have teams that are really skilled and dominant in the freshman and jv worlds. When they step onto the real show though, they seem to not be as good. Almost every varsity team that has came up in the past few years has been this way.
TheEagle Wrote:Lawrence always seems to have teams that are really skilled and dominant in the freshman and jv worlds. When they step onto the real show though, they seem to not be as good. Almost every varsity team that has came up in the past few years has been this way.

I agree. A lot of times the teams that win JV games are the teams that arent winning as much during the Varsity games. Not in all cases, but in a lot of them. Many times teams that are having bad seasons are more likely to play starting sophs. and a couple of juniors that get them some more PT. Hopefully this is not the case cause LC needs to get its program back on its feet.
O.K. Shall we do some Math We have 40 Players on the team
-25 Sophmores and Freshmen.
=15 are Jr's and Seniors
What do you think?:flame:
Kayaker Wrote:I agree. A lot of times the teams that win JV games are the teams that arent winning as much during the Varsity games. Not in all cases, but in a lot of them. Many times teams that are having bad seasons are more likely to play starting sophs. and a couple of juniors that get them some more PT. Hopefully this is not the case cause LC needs to get its program back on its feet.

Lawrence County has a great feeder program and their middle school teams are always tough. It just seems that when they get to the varsity level then something happens. What could be the problem? I have some thoughts but wont say on here.
easternkysportsguru Wrote:Lawrence County has a great feeder program and their middle school teams are always tough. It just seems that when they get to the varsity level then something happens. What could be the problem? I have some thoughts but wont say on here.

The same thing could have been said for JC until Jim Matney's arrival. JC had arguable the best middle school program in Eastern Ky winning 8 of the last 10 Big Sandy Conference Championships but when they got to the High School level the wins were few and far between. Now i dont want to seem like I am coming down on Goldsmith cause that is not the case because i believe it is more in the Administration area. Lets all be honest politics play a huge role in who plays and who doesnt especially around this area. I think Goldsmith is a great coach but i dont think that the people surrouding him are well... I hope to see LC get its program back on track but there are some issues that are going to have to be addressed before this program goes to where it and its community want it to be.
easternkysportsguru Wrote:Lawrence County has a great feeder program and their middle school teams are always tough. It just seems that when they get to the varsity level then something happens. What could be the problem? I have some thoughts but wont say on here.

Well i'll say it!!! last year it was the offense this year its the defense....last years offenseive coach is this years "D" coach.....mmm?
lpd826 Wrote:Well i'll say it!!! last year it was the offense this year its the defense....last years offenseive coach is this years "D" coach.....mmm?

Dont say stuff like that, thats scary how much we think alike.:Thumbs:
Guys its like I have said a hundred times, The coaches cant play for them. Things will be turned around shortly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hey guys the coach you all are stabing in the back is the same coach that was part of the coaching staff when we was beating every body in the late 90's and I never heard you complaining then . You all are just fair weather fans in my book you all are all for it when we are winning but when times get hard you are the first one's to start pointing fingers at every body but your self . Like it or not you all can make a differance one is by giveing support in the bad times as will as the good time's you all can all so do something come election time . Thats right every body in Lawrence Co is complaining about are shool system but why is it we keep voteing in the same school board members thats right this is were we can help are program the most . So get up and do something about it if you all are so upset with things here in LC or just keep on laying back waiting for some one else to do the work and when things get going good agian you can get back on board. That is untill we hit another rough spot agian. Come on true LC fans lets get behind these young men and give some support they got a big game friday night lets fill the stands and cheer on are Dawgs .:letsparty
Hey man you no me as well as anyone and I support the team no matter what happen or what coaches are there. Its like I said the coaches cant get out there and play for them. I am sure the one everyone is talking about wishes he could. He has more heart and passion for LC football than anyone one will ever know. he is a good friend and does his job to get the boys ready. I have have seen him well this no place to talk about it but trust me he knows what he is doing.

You guys complain about the way the offense was run last year it wasnt his fault whn your QB fumbled 6 times a game its hard to win, and I am not knocking him because I think the worl of him as well. Then he takes over the D after a big person they were depending on transfers as well and an injury to a key linebacker before the season even started doesnt help either. So before you guys bash anymore get your facts togerther a little better.

The main thing is stand behind these kids and coaches no matter what
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dang I agree with that post Bat, and I think its to early to pass judgement on any of the coaches but lord knows if its needed I'll be one of the first to say it.

Now as far as the board I'm not saying they should or shouldn't be in there but Dawg Family if your letting sports decide over academics on who you vote for thats crazy. I would rather Lawrence County lose every game in every sport or not even have sports and be a top academic system than to win a state championship and have the test scores that most of the schools in this county have right now. We need to worry about making changes with academics before athletics.
I wonder how many business leaders have brought their company to an area because they have a winning sports program?
CatDawg Wrote:Dang I agree with that post Bat, and I think its to early to pass judgement on any of the coaches but lord knows if its needed I'll be one of the first to say it.

Now as far as the board I'm not saying they should or shouldn't be in there but Dawg Family if your letting sports decide over academics on who you vote for thats crazy. I would rather Lawrence County lose every game in every sport or not even have sports and be a top academic system than to win a state championship and have the test scores that most of the schools in this county have right now. We need to worry about making changes with academics before athletics.
I agree cat I just got two things going on at the same time when I brought up the school board One was about are school system we have had two many people just leaveing because of the grade scores and thats what I was talking about mostly .Its just to easy to run away from a problem then try and stay and fight it. All so I think if we could take care of the academic part of it then they would have more time to think about the other stuff . So what I was trying to say in a backwards way was take care of the important stuff and the rest will fall in place . :thumpsup:
Batpuff Wrote:Hey man you no me as well as anyone and I support the team no matter what happen or what coaches are there. Its like I said the coaches cant get out there and play for them. I am sure the one everyone is talking about wishes he could. He has more heart and passion for LC football than anyone one will ever know. he is a good friend and does his job to get the boys ready. I have have seen him well this no place to talk about it but trust me he knows what he is doing.

You guys complain about the way the offense was run last year it wasnt his fault whn your QB fumbled 6 times a game its hard to win, and I am not knocking him because I think the worl of him as well. Then he takes over the D after a big person they were depending on transfers as well and an injury to a key linebacker before the season even started doesnt help either. So before you guys bash anymore get your facts togerther a little better.

The main thing is stand behind these kids and coaches no matter what
Hey Bat I do know you and I know you are allways supporting are boys no matter what you have proven that for years . In the good times and the bad I just wish every one good be like you I know you give a lot of your time and never ask nothing in return I know that true love for a program I could only imagine if you had a kid that was playing . I for one would like to thank you for your time you share with the kids along with Fred & Bo you guys are as much part of the team as the coaches . In my eyes any ways. :Thumbs:
Dawg Family Wrote:I agree cat I just got two things going on at the same time when I brought up the school board One was about are school system we have had two many people just leaveing because of the grade scores and thats what I was talking about mostly .Its just to easy to run away from a problem then try and stay and fight it. All so I think if we could take care of the academic part of it then they would have more time to think about the other stuff . So what I was trying to say in a backwards way was take care of the important stuff and the rest will fall in place . :thumpsup:

So true.
I am not just sitting here at home and not doing anything, I am out there busting my butt for the LC program and batpuff knows this to be true but I will not turn a blind eye to problems in the LC program because the excuse of " yes but we are young " is getting old and the simple fact that changes must be made in certain spots for the LC program to blossom but I wont specify where. And for everyone who is saying that a certain coach was here during the "glory years" of LC, also remember that the best offensive line coach this side of KY was here at LC and it makes it a little bit easier to run an offense when you have someone like that on staff. I will give credit where it is due and it is due to the coaches here now but dont think that they were the only ones here that helped LC along when they were dominant. Kinda strange how the offensive line coach I am talking about and some of the LC coaching staff in the 90's is now at Johnson Central and we all see how good they have been. Dont look so hard through your red and black glasses and play off that LC doesnt have some real problem with their football program now.
Dont get it wrong, I do like our coaches and respect them I just wonder if they arent getting any help or just out of their league or if it all comes down to not having enough talent. I have been told by many people that the team and coaches arent getting any ADMINISTRATIVE support which is DOOM for a football program.
I think we have a lot of talent, but we have no size. As for administrative support you are exactly right. The program doesn't get a lot of that. All you have to do is look at the sidelines and see how small the coaching staff is getting. Hopefully they will figure out how to compensate for lack of size before we start district play.
[QUOTE=easternkysportsguru]Dont get it wrong, I do like our coaches and respect them I just wonder if they arent getting any help or just out of their league or if it all comes down to not having enough talent. I have been told by many people that the team and coaches arent getting any ADMINISTRATIVE support which is DOOM for a football program.[/QUOTE

Thats what I was trying to say about are school board we can do something we know are school system is in bad shape not just the sports . But why is it we are still voteing in the same members every year these are the people that hires the people in the Administrative thats were it has to start not by picking out a single person and saying thats why we are were we are . The big picture is we all are to blame lets get out and vote and support the ones we think will make the changes that are needed I know we all got just one vote but let put them all together for the right cause. Then we will see change in the school system and in the sports department.:yikes:
easternkysportsguru Wrote:Dont get it wrong, I do like our coaches and respect them I just wonder if they arent getting any help or just out of their league or if it all comes down to not having enough talent. I have been told by many people that the team and coaches arent getting any ADMINISTRATIVE support which is DOOM for a football program.
i agree with you..i too support the Dawgs and the coaches, but ya have to wonder if they are finding the best on the team and playing them...sometimes ya have to over look the juniors and seniors and start thinking of the future and play the younger guys who have the heart and desire to win and the talent to back it up.
lpd826 Wrote:i agree with you..i too support the Dawgs and the coaches, but ya have to wonder if they are finding the best on the team and playing them...sometimes ya have to over look the juniors and seniors and start thinking of the future and play the younger guys who have the heart and desire to win and the talent to back it up.

Very good point
Maybe still a little early for throwing in the towel.We need to keep working hard and getting better.We will bounce back.We have some special kids in junior high and these youngin,s are not too fond of losing, and they seem to have a genuine love for the greatest game in the world.Can you all see that in our middle schoolers?
I support the Dawgs and their coaches. I sat through the whole game last night. The defense made some HUGE plays. I'm gonna go ahead and throw out what's been thrown around so much. THEY NEED A MORE BALANCED OFFENSE!!!!!!! You can't be down 21-6 in the third quarter and still be trying to pound the ball on the ground. Might have been the way it worked in the early 90's but that stuff doesn't fly now. When they do pass they try to go for the deep ball. They need to run more short routes, slants, posts, ins, outs, etc. Throw in some draw plays and still run the ball somewhat but BALANCE it out. Goldsmith has a decent arm, he's a little nervous still, but he will get better. You have to put the faith in your quarterback to make the throws. The recievers catch the balls when they get there so why not pass more.
And by the way. The coach you are speaking of was the DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR for a local all-star game and I'm pretty sure the defense dominated. So I'm gonna throw out that it's not so much him, but that's just me!!