Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 49 Graves Co 21 FINAL
Somewhat of a shocker since Graves fans were optimistic about a win. Maybe next year.
Mayfield another blow out. What's new.
Honestly, I thought we would get the Eagles by 10 or so. I never thought we would get them by 28 though. This is 2 straight years where we have at least doubled their score. They may not have another shot to beat us for at least 3 years.
Can you say...woodshed time. wap wap
Mayfield rolling on....
I thought Graves County had a chance.
I was wrong.
Graves will get back to winning real soon. They won't loose anymore than 3 games this year. They might even make it to the third round to face Bowling Green.
Ok I give up :igiveup: I will not pick against mayfield the rests of the year unless it's Williamsburg I'm starting to think mysoniq55 is on to something.send us some of that water.ASAP.:please:
TEAM STATISTICS
Graves — First downs: 16.
Rushing attempts-yards: 29-99.
Passing-yards:17-30-1, 174.
Total yards: 273.
Penalties-yards: 7-62.
Fumbles-lost: 2-0.

Mayfield — First downs: 21.
Rushing attempts-yards: 32-148.
Passing-yards:17-24-0, 298.
Total yards: 446.
Penalties-yards: 4-30.
Fumbles-lost: 1-1.

INDIVIDUAL LEADERS
Rushing — Graves: Crider 15-83, Puckett
4-(-18), Marshall 5-20, Tyler 1-12, Vowell
1-(-4), Dixon 2-6.
Mayfield: Mills 17-72,Kendall 9-53, Guhy 1-(-4),
Capuano 5-27.

Passing — Graves: Puckett 17-30-1,174.
Mayfield: Guhy 17-24-0, 298; Jackson 0-1-0, 0.

Receiving — Graves: Smith 1-1, Gray
1-2, Marshall 2-3, Kimbler 4-64, Williams
6-62, Crider 1-15, Vowell 1-27.
Mayfield: Bacon 4-65, Tucker 3-53, Kennemore
3-60, Mills 4-34, Jackson 3-86.
This one shocked a few ppl.. graves looked twic the size of our line.. they had the speed they had the power. They just got whipped.. we played our best game yet so far too.. everything was clickin .. our d fence played absolutly awsome.. to handle a line like that nearly 50lbs bigger... way to go cards... we will stand untested for the next month untill district matchup russellville..then the ever antisapated matchup with #1caldwell county...
ontopofthewest, do you feel like you had your foot in your mouth all night. I knew we were gonna win this one. I had an edge though, I must admit. My son was telling me every day this week, "they don't know whats gonna hit em". I knew then that the coaches and players were feeling like they knew something that we didn't. Now I pose this question to you, Just how good are we? McCracken hasn't lost since we played them and beat a 3-01 team bad yesterday. Murray killed Marshall. Fort Campbell gave Caldwell a good game in Princeton. Then, oh yes then, Highlands (who is an awesome team) learned some respect for the west when they play PT yesterday. They gave Highlands the test they wanted and some. Now, keep in mind we beat that PT team and Highlands is the best in 4a and 2nd best in the state overall. I think you take all that into account and we are better than I thought we were so far.
It was a great night to be MAYFIELD CARDINAL!

#55 I agree, we are better than expected. I would have never guess 5-0. This team has won 35 straight times at home and 19 games in a row and has the chance to run the table this year

Hey #55, explain to your Wiliamsburg alter ego that we are closer to other major rivers than the Ohio, like the Mississippi, Tennessee and Cumberland Rivers. That water he thinks you get from the Ohio comes out of Mayfield Creek
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:It was a great night to be MAYFIELD CARDINAL!

#55 I agree, we are better than expected. I would have never guess 5-0. This team has won 35 straight times at home and 19 games in a row and has the chance to run the table this year

Hey #55, explain to your Wiliamsburg alter ego that we are closer to other major rivers than the Ohio, like the Mississippi, Tennessee and Cumberland Rivers. That water he thinks you get from the Ohio comes out of Mayfield Creek

:biglmao:
Cardinal, don't tell our trade secretes. Now that he knows he will be driving here weekly to drink from the creek.
mysonis55 Wrote:Cardinal, don't tell our trade secretes. Now that he knows he will be driving here weekly to drink from the creek.

Speaking of it, are you bringing the water truck to the practice facility today :lmao:
:please: share the water with everybody or I'm going to the khsaa :biglmao: Confusednicker: :biglmao:
You know the routine. I cant bring it up today. They don't practice today, it's film day. They won't need it until tomorrow. I can't bring it until about an hour before practice because it has to stay fresh.
I still stand where we were.. if we had came out and played slow like in the first couple games it woulda been bad night, but we played are best game yet.. and we have continued to get better each week.. dillon being out kinda hurts.. wats his status..? Im quite confident we could play down to the wire with the top 4 teams in the state.. watch the others laugh at that.. we might give caldwell a better fight than org thought as long as we dont relax to much for the next month...
ontopofthewest Wrote:I still stand where we were.. if we had came out and played slow like in the first couple games it woulda been bad night, but we played are best game yet.. and we have continued to get better each week.. dillon being out kinda hurts.. wats his status..? Im quite confident we could play down to the wire with the top 4 teams in the state.. watch the others laugh at that.. we might give caldwell a better fight than org thought as long as we dont relax to much for the next month...

I was told Dylan is out until the Russellville game.
Dylan will not play before the Russellville game. If it hurt us it only hurt us on defense. I then the replacements did awesome. Tucker made some great catches and gave me the most exciting moment of the game when he smashed #4 so that we could score that td down at the scoreboard end. I think Tucker has softer hands as a receiver and they need to look at that more.
ontopofthewest Wrote:we might give caldwell a better fight than org thought as long as we dont relax to much for the next month...

We are higher ranked and frankly better now then and later than a very good Caldwell team. Will they give us a better fight than usual is more inline
I think that will be one heck of a game but we have 4 more games to win before then. I will say this, when we get to this game the key will be how quick can our d line whip their o line.
Still on a high from this one. I will be back at work today. I cant wait to see how the GCHS fans at work avoid me all day.