Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co. 34 / Clark Co. 17
Just heard a score but know Boyle played terrible from what I was told by someone at the game. Clark led 10-0 at halftime. Time of possession at half was Clark 18+ and Boyle 5+
Coach must have peeled the paint in the locker room at half to get that kind of turn around.
Horrible game for the Rebels. If they come out and play flat like that against Lexington Catholic they will be down 30-0. Coach French must have fired these boys up at the half because they score 34 points in about 10 minutes, all of course in the 3rd quarter. Excluding the 3rd quarter, disappointing game. However, they did find a way to win the game and that's good enough.
A win is a win. Just got to hope they learned from their poor first half.
E's Army Wrote:A win is a win. Just got to hope they learned from their poor first half.

Which was my overall point. I am happy with the win. I was disappointed with the attitude they had in the first half. The good thing is that they realized they need to step their game up amd they did.

If Boyle County can play like they did in the 3rd quarter consistently then watch out.
LOL I look for Boyle to take over the #1 spot from Scott Co. In the cky ranking after this dominating performance!!!

Time will Tell!!!
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:LOL I look for Boyle to take over the #1 spot from Scott Co. In the cky ranking after this dominating performance!!!

Time will Tell!!!

No one ever said Boyle County is better than Scott County.

Henry Clay dominated the worst team in 6A Boone County last night(21-6), maybe they will take over the #1 spot in CKY? :eyeroll:

You are just trolling and stirring the pot. But I will agree with one thing, time will tell!
BoyleCounty Wrote:No one ever said Boyle County is better than Scott County.

Henry Clay dominated the worst team in 6A Boone County last night(21-6), maybe they will take over the #1 spot in CKY? :eyeroll:

You are just trolling and stirring the pot. But I will agree with one thing, time will tell!

Actually Clark is the worse team in 6a
Troll
Glad Boyle won but they are gonna have to play 4 quarters the rest of the season.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Glad Boyle won but they are gonna have to play 4 quarters the rest of the season.

Absolutely. While it was impressive to see Boyle County score 34 points in 9 minutes 34 seconds, I would have loved to see that intensity and sense of urgency the whole game. The boys took a step back this week. I hope this game will wake them up.
Boyle county is on a roll...I talked to some of the coaches there and they said at the beginning of the season they didn't think they were going to be that good. Well I guess there is a reason they play the games...they seem to be pretty good...either that or the teams they are playing aren't.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Absolutely. While it was impressive to see Boyle County score 34 points in 9 minutes 34 seconds, I would have loved to see that intensity and sense of urgency the whole game. The boys took a step back this week. I hope this game will wake them up.

I agree completely.
E's Army Wrote:A win is a win. Just got to hope they learned from their poor first half.

A win is a win unless you are X, T, Highlands, Boyle ect. If those teams do not win by 50 each game, haters come out and make statements like "they are slightly above average". Can't play your best every game and good teams find a way to win. Just keep winning Boyle.
Actually SStack I don't think the Rebels are the 2nd best team in 4a. I've always been of the ilk that the champ is the champ until you can beat them. With that logic I see us below Lex Cath until we beat them. They've gotten us 4 times in a row now and for that I think we should have to beat them to be above them. That's just my opinion though. These Rebels are young but these games can only help them. I hope.....

64black&gold Wrote:Actually SStack I don't think the Rebels are the 2nd best team in 4a. I've always been of the ilk that the champ is the champ until you can beat them. With that logic I see us below Lex Cath until we beat them. They've gotten us 4 times in a row now and for that I think we should have to beat them to be above them. That's just my opinion though. These Rebels are young but these games can only help them. I hope.....

I am starting to think JC might be 2nd best team in 4A. COV CATH has been killed by injuries and think they have really fallen in the polls. I think JC or LEXCATH is 2 and 3 followed by Boyle. However, I can see Boyle continuing to improve and would not be surprised if the beat LexCath.