Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne Football Is Back..a New Breed Unleashed
Betsy Layne High School has not really been that good the last few years.Now their is a head coach (Bobby Branham) and it looks like he has turn betsy layne football around.On aug 18th the bobcats lost to allen central in three overtimes.
But the bobcats would not lay down.This last friday the bobcats played Powell county.At the half it was Betsy Layne 12 -Powell county 22.Then the bobcats turned it up a notch.with JR QB Brennan Case and JR RB Brandon Blair leading the way,and a defence that could stop an army.And when it was all said and done,the bobcats came out on top.Betsy Layne 26 - Powell county 22.Keep up the good work Betsy Lanye.
MR.GRID IRON Wrote:Betsy Layne High School has not really been that good the last few years.Now their is a head coach (Bobby Branham) and it looks like he has turn betsy layne football around.On aug 18th the bobcats lost to allen central in three overtimes.
But the bobcats would not lay down.This last friday the bobcats played Powell county.At the half it was Betsy Layne 12 -Powell county 22.Then the bobcats turned it up a notch.with JR QB Brennan Case and JR RB Brandon Blair leading the way,and a defence that could stop an army.And when it was all said and done,the bobcats came out on top.Betsy Layne 26 - Powell county 22.Keep up the good work Betsy Lanye.

With all due respect, I love their never die attitude, but playing against Allen Central and Powell Co. is not like you are playing powerhouses.
I agree...Powell and AC isn't that good...congrats on the win...but when you at least make the playoffs then you can say the program has been turned around...I am a BL fan but i think they will be lucky to win 2 more games this year.
I dont know about a new breed? And Ive had Bobby Branham for a coach wouldn't big on him then, but if he can turn around the program then good job.
And who else will they beat this year? Powell County IS HORRIBLE!
ill tell you who...NOBODY
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:And who else will they beat this year? Powell County IS HORRIBLE!
i agree the rest of them the teams the have played arent good at all.... mybe they will win atleast 1 more game but that will b about it... anyways congrats on the win and good luck with the rest of the season
A win against Powell County and Betsy Lane is back..................geeeeeeeesh!
Twitter: @tc_analytics

WOW Is it to early to start calling Betsy Layne a State Champion!!!!!!

COME ON

Not taking anything away from Betsy Layne's coaches, players, fans, cheerleaders, waterboys, or mascot...but come one you win one game in i dont know how many years against a team that really is not to good and you call yourself a New Breed???? I dont get it ....a new breed of what?????
Bestsy Layne has played the games of there lives this year... The football program already in the 2nd game of the year has done better then the Bobcats have in the past 4-5 years... No one is calling them state champs but they do have some great athletes and a coach who really knows what he is doing... To tell u the truth i think betsy layne will go 6-4 or 7-3...depending on if they come prepared to play when its gametime on friday nights.
It is always nice to see a team improve that has struggled for so long. We will see how good they are as the season goes one. Great job on a good strat Betsy Layne
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
HEY,
If nothing else, Those kids believe up there now and if they don't win another game,They believe they are better. NEW-BREED, Let's not get carried away.
Your better then you were a year ago and I think we'll see you guys be a little better than you were. Powell is horrid, But you showed guts winning that one.
when the bengals went 8-8 and 8-8 in marvin lewis' first 2 years as head coach and didn't make the playoffs...it was a turn around......just sayin wins and losses are what it all about but to the people who know a little something about the game and to people who are close to a program you can tell by the little things...the heart the desire and the work ethic ...no matter wins and losses
Come on guys lets face it they havent done anything the last several years. They have to start somewhere to give there guys some confidence and thee is nothing wrong with play to your level of competion. Lets see havent one but a handful of games over the last 10 years so lets play some powerhouses. I dont think so, start out small and then work your way up to the power houses over the next 4 - 6 years. Keeps up the good work BL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
see this post at the end of the season.
BobcatFooball06 Wrote:Bestsy Layne has played the games of there lives this year... The football program already in the 2nd game of the year has done better then the Bobcats have in the past 4-5 years... No one is calling them state champs but they do have some great athletes and a coach who really knows what he is doing... To tell u the truth i think betsy layne will go 6-4 or 7-3...depending on if they come prepared to play when its gametime on friday nights.

They won't win 7 games in the next 3 years.
Battle Tested Wrote:see this post at the end of the season.

See what post that there are some people out here that support all programs and are happy to see teams that havent done anything over the last several years to finally play with teams and not get blown out. They may not win another game but I will still support them as I do all area teams.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
wow lot of negattivity in here lol ok look betsy layne we all know has not had a good team in what seems like forever, or a coach thats stuck it out for more than a year, but this year its different the kids all believe in themselves AND their new coach thats what the new breed is all about WE BELIEVE simply put that doesnt mean we're state champs it means that we know our capabilities and our potential and if we apply both when we play our games we will have a winning season, like it or not
BobcatFooball06 Wrote:Bestsy Layne has played the games of there lives this year... The football program already in the 2nd game of the year has done better then the Bobcats have in the past 4-5 years... No one is calling them state champs but they do have some great athletes and a coach who really knows what he is doing... To tell u the truth i think betsy layne will go 6-4 or 7-3...depending on if they come prepared to play when its gametime on friday nights.
They still have Magoffin,South Floyd,Phelps, and Jenkins on their schedule so it is possible to win 5 games for them this season. They play Haysi(VA) who is really weak most years, so I can see where your coming from with the 6-4 thing. But Paintsville will blowout BL, Pineville will blowout BL, and Cumberland will blow them out also. I'd say they may win 2 more games and play SF and Phelps close.
Is BL in a district? Or do they play as an indipendent?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1 win and a new breed? hmmmm good start
"Betsy Layne Football is back"

Have they ever had a descent team Seriously??
Congrats on the Win BL.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
No, Betsy Layne is npt in district this year. We will enter the district play next year in single A with Pikeville, Paintsville, Allen Central, South Floyd and Phelps. Give these young men credit. All that I heard when I came to Betsy Layne is YOU ARE CRAZY FOR GOING THERE, IT'S THE BIGGEST MISTAKE YOU COULD MAKE!. To all of you critics out there, no we are not the most talented team in the mountains, but these young men have more heart than most teams in the state. Check the posts at the end of the season and you will see how far these men have came. Remember, "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog". So guys don't bash these players for busting their butts daily. BTW, there is pride at Betsy Layne once again and we will win more ballgames. Take that to the bank.
Beef Wrote:Is BL in a district? Or do they play as an indipendent?
Haysi weak most years??????......Told me all I need to know about you knowing football!

Moe Wrote:They still have Magoffin,South Floyd,Phelps, and Jenkins on their schedule so it is possible to win 5 games for them this season. They play Haysi(VA) who is really weak most years, so I can see where your coming from with the 6-4 thing. But Paintsville will blowout BL, Pineville will blowout BL, and Cumberland will blow them out also. I'd say they may win 2 more games and play SF and Phelps close.
GUYS,
The point is the kids up there are excited, Fans are excited, They had a packed house vs. Powell. They won last Fri. being down 22-12 at half. I love it! They're fired up at Betsy lane about football, Something I have never seen. No, Won't be no 7-3 anytime soon, But the attitude change up there is great, It all starts with believing.
They're excited in Betsy lane about their football team, I'm going to let them be!
MR.FOOTBALL Wrote:GUYS,
The point is the kids up there are excited, Fans are excited, They had a packed house vs. Powell. They won last Fri. being down 22-12 at half. I love it! They're fired up at Betsy lane about football, Something I have never seen. No, Won't be no 7-3 anytime soon, But the attitude change up there is great, It all starts with believing.
They're excited in Betsy lane about their football team, I'm going to let them be!
I like this post:Thumbs:
new breed? are they clones?
Yeah exactly....you Betsy Lane people can tell me Haysi is weak when they beat you all by 60.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Haysi weak most years??????......Told me all I need to know about you knowing football!
MR.FOOTBALL Wrote:GUYS,
im excited now. yea baby!
with all kidding aside i hope they have a great year:howdy: