Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central kicker Tyler Pack ties state field goal record
Just because I didn't want this to get buried in the Johnson Central - Perry Central thread, and it's a feat outstanding enough to deserve its own thread.

Tonight, JCHS kicker Tyler Pack connected on a 58 yard field goal in the Golden Eagles' 53-7 win over Perry Central. This ties the state record held by Aaron Pettrey of Raceland, who went on to kick for Ohio State.

Pack hit a 53 yarder last week against the Noblesville Lions. The scariest part is, he's a sophomore.

This is a mountain kid who if he keeps working may not only be the top prospect for D-I (by position) in EKY, but could conceivably be kicking on Sundays if he keeps working hard and keeps his mind focused.

Congratulations, young man, on a remarkable feat, and keep it up!!!
Wow, this is a great achievement! Congrats to Tyler Pack.

Now, I hope he misses everything he tries to kick next week, then recovers miraculously to never miss again!!!

Wink
Granny Bear Wrote:Wow, this is a great achievement! Congrats to Tyler Pack.

Now, I hope he misses everything he tries to kick next week, then recovers miraculously to never miss again!!!

Wink

I'm personally hoping he only has to try extra points next week. Needs to let that leg rest and all. :biggrin:
Better keep his phone on he'll get looks for that feat.

Congrats to him
People often forget how big of a weapon a good kicker is. In mountain football field position will win a lot of games
Congrats young man
You are so right. Congratulations Tyler
Very nice job!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Wow! Awesome job Tyler! Keep bombing those threes! Congrats to you and the Eagles
Wow! Nothing but upside for this kid. Congrats
Congrats to Tyler
But I thought the state record was held by Dustin Wynn from Middlesboro? 62 yards vs harlan 7-8 yrs ago?
Tyler pack :theman::theman::theman:
Been going to JC games for years but never had the pleasure of watching a good field goal kicker. Well he is not a good kicker but a amazing one! Well to this young man you have brought another excitement to our game. To be a sophomore we still have no idea of his limit on a kick. Going to be a joy to watch him thru the years!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like JC has a great weapon. Keep on boot'em and some day we may be watching this young man on tv. It would be great to see him and the Pirates punter end up at the same D1 school. Both are sophmores and have priceless legs. Keep working hard and follow your dreams sounds like you have a great future.
Daddycat27 Wrote:Congrats to Tyler
But I thought the state record was held by Dustin Wynn from Middlesboro? 62 yards vs harlan 7-8 yrs ago?
According to the KHSAA website, Aaron Pettrey holds the record at 58 yards. Dustin Wynn is in the books at 57 yards vs. Harlan in 1998 (tied with Covington Catholic's Shane Popham). With JC's weak district schedule, I predict that Tyler Pack will have plenty of opportunities to break the record and crack the 60 yard mark this season. It would be great to see him hit a 60 yarder in Putnam.
Congrats to Tyler.
Congratulations, Sir Tyler!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:According to the KHSAA website, Aaron Pettrey holds the record at 58 yards. Dustin Wynn is in the books at 57 yards vs. Harlan in 1998 (tied with Covington Catholic's Shane Popham). With JC's weak district schedule, I predict that Tyler Pack will have plenty of opportunities to break the record and crack the 60 yard mark this season. It would be great to see him hit a 60 yarder in Putnam.

Our field goals in Putnam are no good. Even if they ARE good. Wink

Couldn't resist.
Diogenes Wrote:Our field goals in Putnam are no good. Even if they ARE good. Wink

Couldn't resist.
That's why it would be so sweet to see the state record set there. This time, JC should have several fans taking videos of every FG from multiple angles. Confusednicker:
Congratulations to that young man, that's a scary thing due to the fact that if JC gets the ball on their opposing teams side of the field they will at least come away with 3 points. I'm hoping he has an off night next week Confusednicker: , just go ahead and miss everything young man..lol..
That is awesome and not the only thing he does. He also puts it in the end zone on kick off. Very talented and exciting kid to watch . A fine young man as well!!!!
That's really a great thing to see, because our special teams up until 5-7 years ago were traditionally not very good. The emphasis on special teams the last few years has been refreshing, between that was one area I always felt like was a huge advantage for the urban teams in the playoffs. With the soccer team's inception, the football program has benefited tremendously, and now that's a level where we're on more of an even footing with the Highlands and CovCaths of the world. It makes a huge difference when you can score even when your drive gets stalled, you can convert PATs, and you can start your opponents with touchbacks on nearly every kickoff!
Congrats!! Very impressive record to hit.. I was a freshman at Raceland when Aaron Pettrey hit the record against Berea. Coach Vanderhoof declined a penalty against the defense to set Aaron up and then he knocked it down with ease. Great moment in Raceland football history as I'm sure it was a great moment for JC on Friday. Once again congrats and best wishes to this young man on what looks to be an outstanding high school career.
Congrats to the young player on making the kick when he had the opportunity. Impressive. Will be interesting look back in a few years and see accuracy coupled with the leg strength. Special teams can be a weapon.
Awesome!!!!
JC has had James Barrett, Trent Davis and now Tyler Pack as kickers in the Matney era. And if I'm leaving somebody out, please forgive me.

I can't think of the guys last name, his first name was Miguel (I think) in the 1999 season, he was a foreign exchange student that (if memory serves me right) attempted a state record field goal but missed it.
This is a great accomplishment, one thats likely going to earn him a full ride to college.

Pulp, speaking of foreign exchange students, I remember Whitley had one from Germany back in the early 00's. He was a soccer stud and built good, but since Whitley didnt have a soccer team, he decided to kick for the football team. I remember watching him in practice kick 60 yard field goals, but when it came to game time he couldnt hardly hit extra points.
Kickers are a game changer at the high school level. If you can start a team at there own 20 every time, when most of the schools around here are very pro-run, then you have a good chance at winning every night.
eagle 777 Wrote:Been going to JC games for years but never had the pleasure of watching a good field goal kicker. Well he is not a good kicker but a amazing one! Well to this young man you have brought another excitement to our game. To be a sophomore we still have no idea of his limit on a kick. Going to be a joy to watch him thru the years!!!!!!!!!!

JC had a darn good kicker the year before last, you must of missed that season!
Yes!! JC had a good extra point kicker year before last . The difference is he was not known as a field goal kicker. Some people don't read what is said!!
JC had a good extra point kicker year before last. But what I said was field goal kicker! So someone else must have missed the games year before last.