Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 28 Paintsville 21
Final

Paintsville takes one of the state's best Class A teams to the limit. Chase Hall broke a long TD run with a minute to go to win the game.

Huge props to Kent Phelps of Paintsville and the entire Tiger team and coaching staff. Pikeville found a way to win as good teams usually do. Great game.

Paintsville, even in a loss, made a statement tonight.
Much closer than I thought.
Paintsville has a very good football team. They beat a very good Morgan county team last week 20-14 and played Pikeville to the wire tonight. They are legit!
This group is gonna be GOOD!

Great Coach and a bunch of kids who play to win!

Had Pikeville on the ropes tonight. Just didn't hit them with the punch!

Like I have said all along...this bunch WILL be good!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Story of the night is that Kash breaks his leg then Hall wins it for Pikeville with a huge run. Gigantic loss for the Tigers, but we played with confidence tonight and that's what has been lacking for quite some time.
Damn! My heart goes out to Kash!

Kid is a warrior!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I'm so proud go tigers!!!
So it was a break and not a high ankle issue?
Glad to see the Panthers starting to look somewhat like the Pikeville teams from when I played against them.
I kindve had a feeling this was going to happen. Paintsville came in fired up w/ upset on their minds in front of their home crowd and dang near pulled it off!
They deserve both credit and respect and I give them both. Prayers for Kash for a quick recovery...BUT..My Panthers found a way! I really think they came into this game a little over confident and it nearly cost them. But a win is a win...HAIL PIKEVILLE!!!
A whole lot closer than what I thought. Paintsville controlled the clock the whole game and had Pikeville playing their game. The story behind Pikeville is their defense. They will go as far as their defense will take them. From the first game of the year Pikeville's defense has always bent and right before breaking they come up with a stop, but a win is a win and it doesn't matter how you get it.
I am shocked that Paintsville was able to give Pikeville such a good game. It is a shame that the Tiger players, parents, and fans had to endure so many "down" years. Coach Chirico has already established himself as a leading candidate for Coach of the Year, IMO.

I remember the lean years that Johnson Central suffered between the end of the Bill Musick era and the dawn of the Jim Matney reign. Good hiring decisions are the foundation of good football programs and it looks like Paintsville finally made the right call and Chirico answered it.
Good to see Paintsville back.
Congratulations to all the players and coaches involved in this toe to toe slugfest. This one had it all: pads popping, snot flying, sweat and tears rolling, and hearts and souls poured out on Memorial Field. That's the way Paintsville/Pikeville is supposed to be played. So proud of our Tigers I get teary-eyed thinking about it. And, hats-off to the Pikeville team for a very classy gesture after the game. That was genuine stuff.
Great game. Does anyone have any idea if the Kash kid is supposed to be recovered before the season is over?
Btw I do want to mention the class displayed by pikeville after the game. A ton of respect for the panther program from this tiger fan
I agree that was a class act. I don't know many teams that would do that for another player after a big rivalry game like that one. Hats off to them! Hoping for a good and speedy recovery for that kid!
Sorry to here about the kash kid wish him a big recovery. Pikeville Williamsburg is watching.Confusedhh: Confusedhh: Confusedhh:
Congrats to the Panthers on the win. I think Paintsville surprised everyone in this game. This one resembled the slugfests from back in the day. Pikeville will get better, as will Paintsville, just like it should be. Prayers for a complete and speedy recovery for Kash Daniel. This kid is for real.
64SUR Wrote:Sorry to here about the kash kid wish him a big recovery. Pikeville Williamsburg is watching.Confusedhh: Confusedhh: Confusedhh:

And we're waiting! :dontthink
i know, right? Wrote:I agree that was a class act. I don't know many teams that would do that for another player after a big rivalry game like that one. Hats off to them! Hoping for a good and speedy recovery for that kid!

what did pikeville do?
cuppett777 Wrote:what did pikeville do?

After the gameand the team handshake they all came over to paintsvilles bench and shook Kash's hand as well
Big Five-0- Wrote:And we're waiting! :dontthink

Better start playing some defense or you want make it to Williamsburg I'm pulling for you guys don't let me down.:lmao::lmao:
64SUR Wrote:Better start playing some defense or you want make it to Williamsburg I'm pulling for you guys don't let me down.:lmao::lmao:

We'll be ready.:Thumbs:
Any updates on Kash's injury?
Pikeville showing they can win tough games that are close and showing no kind of panic and playing good.Glad to see Paintsville playing better and getting better each week but the loss of the kash kid hurt.
Good gesture by Pikeville after the game. These kids all have a relationship with Kash. He played with them over the summer and was nearly a Panther this season.
^^ I think the team and coaches coming over to pat him on the head is really an extension of the type of class Pikeville Football really is from the top to the bottom starting with the coaching staff to the players. Mutual respect among players after physical game speaks volumes about the amount of respect for each other. I can say this if we can't make it deep into the playoffs I sure as heck hope Pikeville does and represents this corner of the state to the best of their ability.
Really hate to see K. Daniel get hurt. Looks like Paintsville can beat Nicholas Co. without him, which would mean they would be a lock to make the second round of the playoffs. No matter the injury, hope he is back by then.
Just thinking ahead, I think you men like that would normally heal in 4-6 weeks. If that is the case he will be back in time for the playoffs. That could mean some upsets being had in the playoffs. You paying attention there Williamsburg?