Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Western Kentucky 35 - Kentucky 26
FBALL Wrote:Gotta admire the persistence.

Or atleast the repeating when you have nothing left to say Confusednicker:
Spirit100 Wrote:You are forgetting the whole, its UK, we can party like rock stars the night before, come in flat and still beat them.

They'll shock a couple before seasons end Confusednicker: For someone so anti UK football wise and critical of the current condition. Who do you support inside and why? Always easy to be judgmental. Show your colors and back them up!

For starters I hate Barnhhead. And yes he has been good for female and Olympic sports but he forgot what pays the bills he kept Tubby three years too long made the worst hire in history of kentucky basketball, yes even worst than Fast Eddie leaving him no choice but to hire Cal. With his two final fours taken off the books . And then he hires The Joke who sets the Football team back at least four years and ole hollier than thou says Petrino has to much Baggage to bring to Kentucky. Well show me where he has one win taken off the books or any NCAA infractions. You tell me when Kentucky ever had a chance to hire a coach with a winning s e c record. Stoops is our coach and I will support him, but we are going to go through some tough times before it gets better and I hope he makes it through because we don't need to be firing coach every three or four years.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:In what area was we out coached?

Give specifics.

Petrino took a way the the Air Raid. Had no answer for WKU passing attack the same one he has used his whole career. Could not have been a surprise. Made no halftime adjustments. The only reason this game as not a blowout was WKU mistakes. One other thing week two and we are already making quarterback changes.
You can't run the air raid with a quarter back that can't throw.

Two birds, one stone
FBALL Wrote:You can't run the air raid with a quarter back that can't throw.

Two birds, one stone

Exactly
Then why did he start Whitlow to begin with?
^^^^ If I was to guess,, because in all of the practice's,, Whitlow probably looked like Michael Vick being he was wearing the red jersey and against the defense that we saw against WKU.

Mix1...
FBALL Wrote:Yes Loserville and Arkansas. Both took or will take years to recover from scumbags departure. That's not hypocritical or ignorant. That's a fact unless you are just inherently stupid.

I didn't even bring Auburn into it.

Yes he can coach and yes he wins during his tenure. But as asked earlier. Show me one place that he took over that was in better shape when he left. You can't.

I just did...lol! U of L was in great shape (if you know anything about football). Which obviously you don't. Kragthorpe's poor coaching and lack of recruiting ability did U of L in. And he did not leave Arkansas in bad shape. They were ranked when John L started the season with them. Years? Please. Strong won six games the first year at U of L. Won 10 in his third and and upset Florida.
A lot of people seem pretty bent out of shape. It's gonna be a tough year, but the 2014 recruiting class can't do anything for us yet. Stoops took over an absolute mess and most people should know that.

Charlie Strong took over a mess at UL and it took him a couple seasons to right the ship. Stoops will do the same. Just nothing to work with.
Stoops gets big props for recruiting and things seem set up for improvement the next few years. Now, teach the current players how to tackle. It was bad.
Luther Rackley Wrote:Stoops gets big props for recruiting and things seem set up for improvement the next few years. Now, teach the current players how to tackle. It was bad.

Bad habits are hard to break. He'll get them better but these players have a ceiling that they aren't going to go past.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:I just did...lol! U of L was in great shape (if you know anything about football). Which obviously you don't. Kragthorpe's poor coaching and lack of recruiting ability did U of L in. And he did not leave Arkansas in bad shape. They were ranked when John L started the season with them. Years? Please. Strong won six games the first year at U of L. Won 10 in his third and and upset Florida.

Yeah he left them in great shape.

That's damn funny.

Confusednicker:

More than one year is years. Loserville had fallen far and as you just stated it took them til Strong's 3rd year to make a splash.

6 wins in the Big Least would hardly be considered a good year. But it was a good start to the process.
You cannot compare Louisville football to Kentucky football. First the lLittle East will only maybe have one good team and maybe two descent team a year. The S E C has three or four top bowl games every week and a couple lesser bowl games every week .your only chance for an easy week is non conference and Kentucky, Vandy, and the Mississippi schools. Now Vandy and ole Miss are half way competitive make it real hard to build a program,especially for a new coach with no S E C talent .
TFerguson Wrote:A lot of people seem pretty bent out of shape. It's gonna be a tough year, but the 2014 recruiting class can't do anything for us yet. Stoops took over an absolute mess and most people should know that.

Charlie Strong took over a mess at UL and it took him a couple seasons to right the ship. Stoops will do the same. Just nothing to work with.

Charlie Strong also has an A D that understands the game and does not think that throwing money at it is the only way to fix it.
He clearly has no clue what he is talking about. And if he would look it up he would see the success the Big East had against the SEC in bowl games. Might even shock him. The signature win in Strong's first year was over West Virginia. That's when the Cards started to really turn things around. In Kragthorpe's first year at U of L nearly every U of L offensive starter returned. Poor coaching tooking that team down. Kentucky can't compete in the SEC. Get out then. But then they wouldn't have that easy SEC basketball schedule every year. The facts are right in front of him and you can dispute it if you want. But then, how dumb can you be? By the way...if two straight final fours, a NC, women's runners-up, BCS win over Florida, college world series, final four in soccer, over twenty athletic programs ranked in the top twenty five makes a "loserville"...???? :lame: Get real.
Ahhh that's cute. A big rant because fromthebleachers is butt hurt because of the term Loserville.

Scumbag practices a scorched earth policy where ever he goes. Use it up and leave it in shambles. He has done it everywhere including Loserville.
Also wasn't that long ago that UK had won four in a row in the series in football before Loservilles current 2 game streak.

In basketball UK has won 7 of the last 10.

So yeah, Loserville seems pretty apt to me.
both kentucky teams played a great game.
Petrino!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Petrino!

Petrino is a good coach but if you look back at his record he was 5-7 (2-6 in the SEC) his first year at Arkansas. Petrino needed time to install his system and to recruit for his system. We all know Joker was a Joke, one of the best defensive players he left at UK is Bud Dupree and he came to UK as a TE. I am not going to call Petrino a scumbag because everybody makes mistakes and lots of people and college football coaches have done worse. I will say that I think Stoops is a better fit for UK football. As a UK fan I have already saw the offensive minded coach come to UK and fire up the score board and lose 54 to 35. Fran Curci showed the SEC football world that it is possible to win at UK and he done it by building a great defense. A good coach can fix a bad offense a lot faster than they can fix a bad defense but DEFENSE wins Championships! Even the Great Nick Saban was only 7-6 (4-4 in the SEC) his first year at Bama. And for those people on here knocking coach Cal, I laugh :biglmao: all the way to the trophy case :biglmao: Gut you claim to be a UK fan and seem to know a lot about sports,,,,, if you really want to see UK win, what good does it do to get on hear and knock a coach after his first game???? Mark this down in your BOOK, STOOPS has 5 years at UK if he wants to stay that long!
Keep in mind that when Petrino took over a Arkansas team(2007) that played in the Cotton Bowl and was 8-5 (4-4 SEC)! Petrino's first year at Arkansas was 2008, 5-7 (2-6 SEC)and that's not setting the world on fire! Yes he was 41-9 at UL but they played in C-USA and the Big East, how many national title has those 2 leagues won???? Petrino was just 17-15 in the SEC. It's easy to get on here and pretend like Petrino wrote the football bible but the facts are that he is a good coach that has never won any major titles!
^
Petrino!
I'll call him a scumbag.
FBALL Wrote:Also wasn't that long ago that UK had won four in a row in the series in football before Loservilles current 2 game streak.

In basketball UK has won 7 of the last 10.

So yeah, Loserville seems pretty apt to me.

LOL..in the Kragthorpe years? Be glad Jurich made his only bad hire or UK might still be looking at U of L ass on that one. Before then...U of L had nine straight winning seasons and bowl appearances. UK had to hire Cal...lol...the quick fix two final four vacated fixer upper to do that. Not that any UK loss has ever defined the Cards season or lives. Pitino has done quite well with college players in his U of L career. Only one season without twenty plus wins. But stupid is and stupid does. The body of work that Jurich has done at U of L....just last year alone will be tough to match. :lmao:
But obviously, you aren't to bright. The more you post.....the more it comes to light. But had UK hired Petrino..you would have two "scumbags" to cheer for. Confusednicker:
insideinfo Wrote:For starters I hate Barnhhead. And yes he has been good for female and Olympic sports but he forgot what pays the bills he kept Tubby three years too long made the worst hire in history of kentucky basketball, yes even worst than Fast Eddie leaving him no choice but to hire Cal. With his two final fours taken off the books . And then he hires The Joke who sets the Football team back at least four years and ole hollier than thou says Petrino has to much Baggage to bring to Kentucky. Well show me where he has one win taken off the books or any NCAA infractions. You tell me when Kentucky ever had a chance to hire a coach with a winning s e c record. Stoops is our coach and I will support him, but we are going to go through some tough times before it gets better and I hope he makes it through because we don't need to be firing coach every three or four years.

Barnhart has improved every athletic program at the University of Kentucky. Whether you want to accept it or not, Basketball and Football are not the only sports at UK. For the athletic department to sustain itself, all of the programs must be successful. I applaud him for what he has done. One cannot expect him to get every hire right but IMO, he has fixed his mistakes.

In regards to not hiring Petrino, the SEC commish sent a letter to the SEC football programs who had head coach vacancies STRONGLY suggesting that they not interview or hire Petrino.
I hope Barnyard is at UK forever. :biglmao:
Fromthebleachers Wrote:But obviously, you aren't to bright. The more you post.....the more it comes to light. But had UK hired Petrino..you would have two "scumbags" to cheer for. Confusednicker:

Oh yeah. Maybe Petrino and Pitino could have trained Karen Sypher in some back room at a bar. You Loserville fans are experts on scumbags and not being too bright.
judgementday Wrote:Barnhart has improved every athletic program at the University of Kentucky. Whether you want to accept it or not, Basketball and Football are not the only sports at UK. For the athletic department to sustain itself, all of the programs must be successful. I applaud him for what he has done. One cannot expect him to get every hire right but IMO, he has fixed his mistakes.

In regards to not hiring Petrino, the SEC commish sent a letter to the SEC football programs who had head coach vacancies STRONGLY suggesting that they not interview or hire Petrino.

Without Basketball and Football you would have no other sports period and he made the worst two hires in the history of the school in those two.You go ahead and believe whatever you want . But in my opinion he is the worst A D in the state. And yes I know opinion are like buttholes everyone has one. LOL