Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Parkey at Rockcastle
Will he be the coach there next year? They have gotten a little worse since he took over, and it seems like they need new blood to bring back a traditionally tough football team.
It seems their tradition began and ended with Larkey. Just not a lot of talent there right now.
There have been some talented kids at Rockcastle, but I just think Larkey can take a kid who isn't very good and make him into a player. From what I have seen Coach Parkey cannot do that, and I was told that Coach Saylor is no longer there and if that's true he was the reason they have even been competitive recently.
Coaching isn't the issue at Rockcastle, look at the administration when Larkey was there and how it is now. The way things are there now you can hire whoever and its not going to change.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:There have been some talented kids at Rockcastle, but I just think Larkey can take a kid who isn't very good and make him into a player. From what I have seen Coach Parkey cannot do that, and I was told that Coach Saylor is no longer there and if that's true he was the reason they have even been competitive recently.

If it wasn't for numberous bullcrap (2 in a row at one point when the game was tied) "momentum changing 15 yard unsportman excessive celebration" ROCK penalties for tackling MS ALL-STAR RB Harris turning 8 yard losses into 15 yard gains and giving MS an express lane to the end zone, you wouldn't be on here trying to start crap. You should focus on beating Pulaski, or Harlan Co which will take most of your free time. If I was you, I wouldn't worry about Rock or our coaches until next year--then you can worry about us. If you were at the game, you know MS is not really much better than ROCK, they just played a good second half, and got all the breaks (refs didn't want the scouts see Harris not get his yards against a measly team like ROCK picked to finish last in the district). You know Rock held him to negative yards in the first half, and was ahead at halftime. I hope you personally get all your due this year, you have done nothing but brag and try to belittle everybody MS plays and their fans (you remember the Karma you talk about don't you). You shouldn't talk about stuff you know nothing about, but I figure you are an expert on everything in your own mind.

BTW, I am not a big Parkey fan, I call them like I see them. Read my posts and you will see. I just don't like know-it-alls experts who don't know CRAP but give informed analysis of their extensive knowledge. (I mean you)
You can't compare Larkey n Parkey that's 2 different styles Larkey just played ball control n pounded it out Rock never has n never will have a bunch of athletes with speed so he played ball control. Parkey is trying to get us moving in the air we just don't have depth as right now but it will get there. And instead of making a thread like this go see him talk to him he always answers just support the rock we don't need band wagon jumpers
Rocks line is to small
Why did Larkey leave? Talent was gone
Saylor was a good coach, but when you have UK lineman in your program, it makes you a good coach.
Parkey is going through some tough times, but talent is very limited.
rock has lost to two good teams ms has proved that to whitley and west jes. could beat alot of teams in our area,and we had a chance in both games,rock will win some games this year and i think still have a chance to win district once some of the bugs get worked out.parkey and his staff really care about this young men and are working hard to make them better just give it time.
redstorm Wrote:Why did Larkey leave? Talent was gone
Saylor was a good coach, but when you have UK lineman in your program, it makes you a good coach.
Parkey is going through some tough times, but talent is very limited.

Talent they are as talented now as they ever been numbers are down but talent is there. Idk what teams you been watching but Rock never been loaded with talent
And just for the record Coach big dad n parkey are as hard a working coaches you will find
Not trying to start crap their John. Just saying when Coach Carter was in his last year and Brumley's years at Southern all we heard was when were we gonna get rid of these guys. I'm just being "honest" you know. Rockcastle wasn't that great until Larkey got there and it just seems they have lost their mojo since he left. I'm not doubting how hard their coaches work, I'm just saying sometimes somebody with no ties to the area is what it takes. It has helped Southern tremendously to get someone with no ties to the area to come in and change the approach and the way things go to turn it all around.
Not trying to start crap, why would you even post something like this if you weren't. There are folks like you associated with every team, that is what is wrong with forums like this right now. You aren't happy unless your starting something. I bet when, or if, you go to work or church you keep everybody around you worked up by constantly stirring the pot every chance you get. We all know your kind all too well.

All I can say there FARRISTON, to be honest, I think it is time you take your BS and FLY away to MS. What a coincidence, BS from MS.
^HJ, stop trying to stir things up please.
LWC thank you sir. I'm not trying stir anything up, just saying what many in Mt. Vernon are already are. Madison Southern was in the same exact boat for about 5 years. The coaches down there were busting their butts and were not having success. The kids lost faith and love for the program, the community support was less involved, and people in general just didn't didn't care. When I can to the Rockcastle game the other night Southern had triple the crowd, and one of my best friends played at Rockcastle and his exact words were he didn't care to even come to the game, and he was one of your better players in the late 90's. He also said he had only been to 1 game since Larkey left. Rockcastle has one of the best fan bases around but if things don't change it will take a long time to even be decent. It has taken really 7 years for Southern to even become respectable again. I am saying this because it is AWFUL to go through and the quicker you realize it the quicker it can be changed.
Ah, me! .....When Madison Southern wasn't wildcatting the ball to the Harris kid, it was a pretty level table from what I saw last week. MS coaches found the weakness, exploited it repeatedly and won. Rockcastle coaches didn't adjust to that. When the kid is gone though, it will be about the same level table again around here. I wonder if the coaching staff at MS will hang around if they get a lot of wins on this kids back and ride him to a better coaching job? They have no binding ties in Berea. No kinfolk there to keep them around. If I remember right this guy came out of the blue from Indiana or Ohio or somewhere like that and called some buddies in to help. Don't be suprised when they go and you can just thank them for getting things to where they were. In other words, worry about your own coaches dude.
MS found Whitleys weakness early......Whitley didnt want to be there.
Thats as simple as i can put it. I dont know that ive ever seen a team warmup, especially a Whitley team, to where i could hear a pin drop.

It was over before kickoff.
Papa, I don't doubt that one bit. The only thing going for Southern is they have plenty of talent coming up now that we have 2 middle schools so even when we lose talent we should be able to at least fill its shoes with good numbers. Now I know that you don't replace a kid like Damien but even if we were to lose Coach Clark we will be in better shape than the other coaching changes that have taken place at MSHS. The difference is we understand this happens, and something you have to realize or you get blindsided.
LWC Wrote:^HJ, stop trying to stir things up please.

I sure will. You won't hear from me again.
I personally like coach Parkey. Great guy who loves Rockcastle County football. No doubt about it he is giving it his all. Same thing said about coach martin. But there is all ways room for improvement. The weight program need to step it up, and I question playing certain players in certain positions but that's just me being a fan and there's not much he can do this season. Coach Larkey was not only the football coach at Rock but was AD as well. since he has left every sport has went down. (besides girls basketball)
Part of the game is making adjustments at the right time that's on the coaches wait too late and it's over with against ms Rockcastle held Harris in check when southern went to the wildcat Rockcastle didn't adjust and the game was over also the numbers game played a factor southern was subbing 3-4 players every play and wore Rockcastle down....against west jessamine Rockcastle wore down in the second half and did not adjust to the passing game of west jessamine and the game was over call it coaching or conditioning but Rockcastle has some talent but if ur not in positions to make plays u will not make them something definitely has to change
Brandon40403 Wrote:Part of the game is making adjustments at the right time that's on the coaches wait too late and it's over with against ms Rockcastle held Harris in check when southern went to the wildcat Rockcastle didn't adjust and the game was over also the numbers game played a factor southern was subbing 3-4 players every play and wore Rockcastle down....against west jessamine Rockcastle wore down in the second half and did not adjust to the passing game of west jessamine and the game was over call it coaching or conditioning but Rockcastle has some talent but if ur not in positions to make plays u will not make them something definitely has to change

I agree
I see nothing wrong with this thread.

Rockcastle went from a powerhouse and a team who was firmly in the Title Picture just a decade ago...to a program who is just hoping for a First Round Playoff win the past couple seasons.

This is not an indictment on Parkey.. but there is also no disputing that it is clear the loss of Larkey has been profound and the program as a whole is a shadow of what it was when Parkey took over the reigns.