Poll: Belfry @ Harlan Co Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
69.61%
Belfry
30.39%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Harlan County 9/6
GAME DAY IN BLACK BEAR COUNTRY
:Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave:

What's better than football in the mountains??!!!!
:what:

I'm so excited for the game tonight, that I couldn't sleep last night!!
:letsparty

Those Pondy Pirates are getting ready to meet a new frontier in football and the BLACK BEARS are proud to show it to them!!

So let's play hard and bring down the victory!!

CLOSE THE GATES
IT'S FEEDING TIME!!!!!!

Go Black Bears!!!!!
IT'S GAME DAY IN THE MOUNTAINS!!!!!!

:letsparty

Tonight the pirates will be introduced to the BLACK BEARS and with all due respect to the history of pirates football, you will see what BLACK BEAR football is all about...old school smash mouth football. The FILTHY ANIMALS will be particularly nasty tonight and watch out because HERE COMES THE O LINE!!!

Black Bears by 3 TD's

:football::football::Cheerlead GO BEARS!!!! :Cheerlead:football::football:
The Black Bear Nation is ready!

Demarcus Ware can't contain himself!
[Image: http://www.graphics99.com/wp-content/upl...ing-lo.jpg]

Granny Bear waits intently
[Image: http://cdn.themetapicture.com/media/funn...tongue.jpg]

Black Bear Nation has been pacing around his living room as nervous as can be
[Image: http://xaxor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012...couch1.jpg]

Fuzzybeardad just is doing the same thing he has done all week as he makes his bold predictions of domination:
[Image: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/image...2DXIRj7dp0]

bear claw is tired of the trash talk,, he has resorted to yoga to relax
[Image: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.pawnation.com...060910.jpg]

Patriot was already celebrating the win a little too hard last night and had a little too much honey before driving home:
[Image: http://mlkshk.com/r/KXM2]

To say Mama Bear is a little on edge this morning is an understatement
[Image: http://om911.com/wp-content/uploads/2012...e00115.jpg]

Big Grin

Good Luck to all..this week has been fun!
You guys are crazy!!!!! Good luck to all. Mountain football at its best. God bless all the boys.
^^
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You've had wayyy to much pain medication for your tooth!!

(love it!!!)
Of all the ones to not show up..it's Granny bear's!
[Image: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/image...2rYner24uQ]
Definitely the game of the week in the mountains. Probably the 2 best teams int he mountains.
Geez EKUAlum, I know I'm old but even I don't have that many wrinkles in my face!!!

Wow!

Demarcus ware is my fav!! Never seen a bear in the bathroom before! Wink
And he looks so natural, too!!
Granny Bear i'm just like you, i didn't sleep a wink last night for thinking about this game..I would be lying if i said i wasn't as nervous as a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs..Here's why i'm nervous, HC hasn't played well in the past against teams that run an option offense, while they have won they still give up a few big plays in those games, and we can't afford to give up big plays to a team like Belfry. I still think the difference will be Belfry's youth on the line, and especially their linebackers, not sure their linebackers are ready for a power running offense like HC runs. Of course they will be really good under Haywood by the end of the year, but it's too early in the season for those young guys..I said it yesterday and i'll say it again, it will be close and back and forth in the first half, but HC will pull away in the second half to win by 2 scores...
Ekualum05 let me just say that pic of my bear at the urinal is just freaking awesome :hilarious: :biglmao:
To be honest with you Demarcus ware, I'm not sure my old heart can stand that type of game!!!

LOVE that pic, too!!

Wink
Well fellers it's bout time to start up the truck and head to Harlan county...I'm So excited I'm Prolly gonna get a speeding ticket or two...Its been great this week talkin smack, I'm lookin forward to a great game, and i hope every kid plays their hearts out and hope this is a series that stays for a long time to come...Good Luck Black Bears..And to My Pirates I know your ready just execute....
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Well fellers it's bout time to start up the truck and head to Harlan county...I'm So excited I'm Prolly gonna get a speeding ticket or two...Its been great this week talkin smack, I'm lookin forward to a great game, and i hope every kid plays their hearts out and hope this is a series that stays for a long time to come...Good Luck Black Bears..And to My Pirates I know your ready just execute....
Be safe and wishing for all belfry fans to have a safe travel, and an injury free game for both teams..Go Black bears and can't wait to watch those Filthy animals make the pirates walk the plank. Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:To be honest with you Demarcus ware, I'm not sure my old heart can stand that type of game!!!

LOVE that pic, too!!

Wink
Yeah Granny i will be on edge tonight big time. I usually take some of my meds i get from the VA for PTSD to the games with me, but tonight i may have to take every bottle i have to keep me calm down. :biglmao:
I think everything that can be said, has been said at this point.

Good luck to Harlan County tonight and moving forward. I am in complete admiration at what Larkey has done there in such a short window and truly respect your program and am a huge fan of your fanbase and the loyalty/dedication to building a tradition you have. I hope this is a rivalry that continues for several years as Belfry will be strong for at least the next 4 years and I don't think HCHS has even came close to plateauing yet.. I still think your program's best days are still ahead and that is saying something for IMHO the 2nd best 5A team in KY this season.

I fully expect Harlan County to have some "wow" moments watching Belfry and their skill guys tonight, I think the bears will come away impressed by Sani Warren and a fan of Austin Hatfield, but in the end experience is just too much of a factor to overcome for a Haywood team who is notorious for starting slow the first 3-4 weeks of the season.

For Belfry to win this they need to attack early in non-traditional ways and "steal" some points. This means Keaton Taylor in the passing game, Sani Warren catching the defense cheating on a keeper, a big return in Special Teams, or creating a deep turnover. If this is 4 Quarters of smashmouth football I simply can't see Belfry winning right now.. but if it is 3 Quarters of smashmouth football with Belfry stealing 14 points that Harlan Co has to make up..then I like Belfry's chances.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I think everything that can be said, has been said at this point.

Good luck to Harlan County tonight and moving forward. I am in complete admiration at what Larkey has done there in such a short window and truly respect your program and am a huge fan of your fanbase and the loyalty/dedication to building a tradition you have. I hope this is a rivalry that continues for several years as Belfry will be strong for at least the next 4 years and I don't think HCHS has even came close to plateauing yet.. I still think your program's best days are still ahead and that is saying something for IMHO the 2nd best 5A team in KY this season.

I fully expect Harlan County to have some "wow" moments watching Belfry and their skill guys tonight, I think the bears will come away impressed by Sani Warren and a fan of Austin Hatfield, but in the end experience is just too much of a factor to overcome for a Haywood team who is notorious for starting slow the first 3-4 weeks of the season.

For Belfry to win this they need to attack early in non-traditional ways and "steal" some points. This means Keaton Taylor in the passing game, Sani Warren catching the defense cheating on a keeper, a big return in Special Teams, or creating a deep turnover. If this is 4 Quarters of smashmouth football I simply can't see Belfry winning right now.. but if it is 3 Quarters of smashmouth football with Belfry stealing 14 points that Harlan Co has to make up..then I like Belfry's chances.
Well said EkuAlum05, very well said....
GAMEDAY!

One more before the game.

Pirates have peg legs because a Filthy Animal tore their leg off!

Safe travels to all the Belfry fans traveling 119.

Black Bears 29
Belfry. 14

GO BEARS!!!!!!
Belfry-14
Harlan County -13
This will be a big test tonight for both teams, especially the Black Bears because we are supposed to win. We are higher ranked in all polls, we are healthy and the game is on our home field. I am looking forward to see if we can bring our A game to the field against an excellent team and a GREAT program, I hope our Black Bears will man up, cut out the foolish penalties and secure the football like all great teams do! If we do all these things and play with heart I believe the Pirates will not leave Harlan alive!!! Their football lives that is! Lol
Patriot Wrote:GAMEDAY!

One more before the game.

Pirates have peg legs because a Filthy Animal tore their leg off!

Safe travels to all the Belfry fans traveling 119.

Black Bears 29
Belfry. 14

GO BEARS!!!!!!
That is a very realistic looking final score IMO, good pick Patriot!
I can't wait until the Pirates beat the Black Bears tonight. I hope all of Harlan Co loves crow. Go Big Red!

:devilflam:devilflam

Good luck to both teams!
Harlan County wins with ease. 38-14
This has got to be the biggest pregame thread ever!
Probably too much to hope for a live stream of the game tonight but I'll be just as happy with the 93.1 crew calling the game, Coach Mickey always a pleasure to listen to his insight.

Hoping for a good game from down here in Atlanta. Lots has been said but the most important thing is that both mountain teams come out of this game better teams to better prepare themselves for Nov and hopefully Dec.

Good luck Pirates!
EKU, you forgot one redneck in Bear's clothing...

EKUAlum05 Wrote:I think everything that can be said, has been said at this point.

I couldn't have said it better myself EKUAlum!! All I gotta say is I'm calling it
Belfry-28
Harlan Co - 14:ChairHit:
Playoff atmosphere tonight. Should be a wild one. I hope this game becomes a regular event. Not just a home and away. Good measuring stick for both programs.

That's totally incorrect!!!

The most important thing hasn't been said at all!!!!!

So I'll go ahead and do it.

Song dedication to the "Pond Creek Nation"!!!

[YOUTUBE="END OF THE ROAD"]zDKO6XYXioc[/YOUTUBE]
Belfry being sold short by many on here, not necessarily the Black Bear fans but others. I think this game will be close and would not be shocked to see Belfry take the win.
zaga_fan Wrote:So I'll go ahead and do it.

Song dedication to the "Pond Scum Nation"!!!

Come on your better than that, the folks at Belfry are some of the nicest people/opponents I've ever been around. I hate it when posters resort to name calling because they are afraid their team will get beat.
  •  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next