Poll: Belfry @ Harlan Co Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
69.61%
Belfry
30.39%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Harlan County 9/6
Tomcat Pride Wrote:It's well known that Belfry rarely gets a win against Ashland so are you saying that Belfry would win against Covington Catholic and Highlands? You're even a bigger idiot than I thought you were. You must me a West Virginia Pirate so I guess I should cut you some slack.

But Belfry does fare well against Johnson Central in Week 10 and Johnson Central has had plenty of success against CovCath ad Ashland. I would take a few of the Belfry teams over the past few years over CovCath.

NOONE wins against Highlands though HAHA
Demarcus ware Wrote:Good morning Black Bear fans, one more day...Reading this thread is freaking funny, and while HC is going to win, coming back here after the game is the part i'm looking forward to. Gonna be some bragging going on by whichever team wins. hahaha..

Your right, and if your prediction is true, i will be the first on here to say, man you guys are that good and can compete with Bowling Green....and I'm sure you guys will do the same if our predictions was right...
Tomcat Pride Wrote:It's well known that Belfry rarely gets a win against Ashland so are you saying that Belfry would win against Covington Catholic and Highlands? You're even a bigger idiot than I thought you were. You must me a West Virginia Pirate so I guess I should cut you some slack.

Yes i am saying that...Here is the difference BELFRY know how to show up and play come playoff time, it's called experience....Ashland on the other hand NUTS UP, because you get scared cause your already beat in your mind when those teams show up...And check the success of BELFRY and Highlands we know how to beat em or at least play with em..its called Coaching....and since your complaining about 4A being so hard...Tell your Administration and coaches to stop recruiting so many kids from Ohio and WV...Cause your middle school program is weak, so your gettin talent from somewhere...TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
I fully believe that this is Harlan County's year to make it to Bowling Green. This is a must win for the Black Bears and they should take care of business. Harlan 28-14.
BG is our ultimate target, adoptedpurple!! But, we take it one game at a time; tomorrow it's the Pondy Pirates!
:popcorn:
1. Pirate1991#8, so proud of you for not threatening to kick tomcats ass from the comments he made to you. You have calmed down a lot since last year. Kudo's to you my friend.

2. I have read some of the comments on Whitehead and Hatfield about the hot tub after the game. Both are hard nosed players and I will attend this game to see this match up period. I'm not saying Hatfield will get the best of Whitehead, but I will tell you this, he will know he has been hit and will need a little hot tub time after the game.

3. Granny Bear is awesome. Save me some food.

4. This will probably be one of the best match ups of the year.

5. My prediction. Both teams will need some hot tub time after this one.

6. Belfry goes for the win with a 2pt conversion with under a minute in the game and wins 29-28
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Yes i am saying that...Here is the difference BELFRY know how to show up and play come playoff time, it's called experience....Ashland on the other hand NUTS UP, because you get scared cause your already beat in your mind when those teams show up...And check the success of BELFRY and Highlands we know how to beat em or at least play with em..its called Coaching....and since your complaining about 4A being so hard...Tell your Administration and coaches to stop recruiting so many kids from Ohio and WV...Cause your middle school program is weak, so your gettin talent from somewhere...TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho

Yep you're most definitely a West Virginia Pirate.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Yep you're most definitely a West Virginia Pirate.

No sir your wrong, I was born and raised in the head of Blackberry Ky, I only go to West Virginia to get my BUD Light because Pike Co is a Dry County.....TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:1. Pirate1991#8, so proud of you for not threatening to kick tomcats ass from the comments he made to you. You have calmed down a lot since last year. Kudo's to you my friend.

2. I have read some of the comments on Whitehead and Hatfield about the hot tub after the game. Both are hard nosed players and I will attend this game to see this match up period. I'm not saying Hatfield will get the best of Whitehead, but I will tell you this, he will know he has been hit and will need a little hot tub time after the game.

3. Granny Bear is awesome. Save me some food.

4. This will probably be one of the best match ups of the year.

5. My prediction. Both teams will need some hot tub time after this one.

6. Belfry goes for the win with a 2pt conversion with under a minute in the game and wins 29-28

Lol, yeah i just got tired of that cause nobody would ever meet me...lol

And yes Granny Bear is the Bomb diggity...

I agree They will be alot of aching muscles and bruises

I love your prediction, i been getting a feeling all week of a last minute field goal....
no food for you!!!!

Told you; anywhere anytime. Smack talk to your face, and will make you like it!!

I love your prediction, i been getting a feeling all week of a last minute field goal....
That's butterflies, cause you know you're walking the plank tomorrow!!!

How about it Bear Paw......."I Can Feel It Coming In The Air......."

Wink

Welcome back Blackitty; just in time!!

Go Black Bears!!!!
Ok my final prediction: It will be a back and forth game in the first half, the second half HC will wear down the Pirates and start to pull away. While Belfry is good year in/year out one thing everyone has to remember is they are young, and will get better with experience. But as EKUAlum05 said way back in this thread or maybe even in another thread, Belfry LB's just don't have the experience yet for a HC team. HC will start to pull away in the second half to win by 2 scores....Safe travels, and praying for an injury free game to both teams...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Less than 48 hours till complete blowout city.

Me and my friends have decided to listen to the radio. I dont want any children seeing how ugly this one will get.

HC 49
Belfry 7
GUT since you aren't coming to this game, i will have to collect that free hotdog when i come down for the Whitley/Harlan co game Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:6. Belfry goes for the win with a 2pt conversion with under a minute in the game and wins 29-28
no food for you!!!!

Told you; anywhere anytime. Smack talk to your face, and will make you like it!!

That's butterflies, cause you know you're walking the plank tomorrow!!!

How about it Bear Paw......."I Can Feel It Coming In The Air......."

Wink

Welcome back Blackitty; just in time!!

Go Black Bears!!!!

Turn the radio off GB. It's just a Phil Collins song you are hearing.

Pirates don't walk the plank. They make Bears do that. Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:Ok my final prediction: It will be a back and forth game in the first half, the second half HC will wear down the Pirates and start to pull away. While Belfry is good year in/year out one thing everyone has to remember is they are young, and will get better with experience. But as EKUAlum05 said way back in this thread or maybe even in another thread, Belfry LB's just don't have the experience yet for a HC team. HC will start to pull away in the second half to win by 2 scores....Safe travels, and praying for an injury free game to both teams...

I can buy into this.

Something I mentioned back when this game was scheduled that warrants being mentioned is the way Belfry's schedule lays out, regular season and beyond. Belfry's schedule as it stands is very heavy with spread teams... even their scrimmages. This is advantageous in the sense that come playoff time there is not a single power football team I see standing in Belfry's way Rounds 1-4. Breathitt, Bourbon, Mason, and to an extent Garrard are all teams predicated on the spread. Where that schedule hurts is the potential matchup with Central who is always traditionally very power heavy.

The only two true power teams Belfry will face are Harlan County in Week 2 and Johnson Central in Week 10.

Harlan Co will be, in my humble opinion, the single greatest game to spur improvement on the schedule. Belfry is well suited for a spread offense, but this young defense will have several mismatches against a good power team. The Pirate LB'ers grew immensely in Week 1 from the 1st Quarter to the end of the game... now they will grow again.

Like I said before, if this game is played in November I think it is a whole new ballgame, but as it stands right now the Bucs are up against it playing a very, very good team.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Turn the radio off GB. It's just a Phil Collins song you are hearing.

Pirates don't walk the plank. They make Bears do that. Confusednicker:

Listen to me...even the Belfry radio commentators know what I've used to lace into your tail gate food. You won't walk anything; you'll be running that dang plank!!!!!
:Clap:
A side note,, as we have discussed Whitehead and Hatfield a lot... but this is also a match-up of two of the best option QB's in the state.

I think Sani is a better passer and a better ball handler with his fakes, but Bailey is no slouch in either of those categories and a better runner. The ability to convert a 3rd and Medium with the option..or a 3rd and Long with the pass may be huge
EKUAlum05 Wrote:A side note,, as we have discussed Whitehead and Hatfield a lot... but this is also a match-up of two of the best option QB's in the state.

I think Sani is a better passer and a better ball handler with his fakes, but Bailey is no slouch in either of those categories and a better runner. The ability to convert a 3rd and Medium with the option..or a 3rd and Long with the pass may be huge

Now there you have a big point, those two QB's will be an awesome sight to see. Those 3rd's will be huge for either side in those particular situations.
One thing I'm confused on is how some BLACKBEAR fans seem to think they are going to wear BELFRY down in the second half. These coaches have these boys conditioned and ready to go. They can hold their own and they will. The condition regimine they go through is a good one. The will not be man handled and we will not man handle you all. This WILL be a close game.
Granny Bear Wrote:Listen to me...even the Belfry radio commentators know what I've used to lace into your tail gate food. You won't walk anything; you'll be running that dang plank!!!!!
:Clap:

I need a good cleaning out. I think I will have seconds. :dogbowl:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:A side note,, as we have discussed Whitehead and Hatfield a lot... but this is also a match-up of two of the best option QB's in the state.

I hope they don't throw a pass the whole game. There I said it!
Granny Bear Wrote:I'm seriously pissed!! You promised me I could meet your kids!!

Confusednicker:

we'll see.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I need a good cleaning out. I think I will have seconds. :dogbowl:

I must agree that are full of it!!
Can we just get this thing going tonight? Jeez I'm bored
Everyone knows it is an honor to play on the same field that Belfry has been on and a privilege to play Belfry. Tommorow:ChairHit: Harlan gets them both. YOUR WELCOME
Belfry has never been on our turf.

YOU'RE WELCOME
Belfry0304 Wrote:Can we just get this thing going tonight? Jeez I'm bored

Didn't think you were going to post today, you little liar!
Confusednicker:
You are right sorry my mistake harlan is just privileged.
^
Got that right jack!!
Wink
AnotherPirateTD Wrote:You are right sorry my mistake harlan is just privileged.
:dudecomeon: :please:
  •  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next