Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tates Creek @ Rowan County 9/20
Tates Creek coming off a tough, hard fought loss to City Rival Henry Clay 21-13. Goes on the road again, this time to Rowan County. Open discussion.....
Haven't heard much about the RB transfer from the west coast at Rowan. How is he playing so far and what's Rowan's record?
Rowan is 1-3. I'll take Tates Creek in this one.
The Creek by a lot
Tates Creek rolls by 20.
After watching film. I think that Creek will be too much for Rowan. Rowan is huge on the lines and in the backfield, but I think the QB play of Graham Gordon mixed with the speed and athleticism of Creeks skill players will prove too much. Tates Creek is vastly improved on defense this year in comparison to years past, and is at or near the tops in many defensive statistical categories in 6A. Looking forward to seeing another road environment at Rowan. Good luck to both teams
Rowan will come up short here. They just don't match up well with all the speed Creek has. I will be curious to see what Creek does after last weeks loss. I was really shocked at how much time Creek put into trying to run the ball. Especially since it wasn't working at all. They ran on first and second down all night, then would try and pass on 3rd and long. They didn't really attempt to go with a passing game until they were down by 2 TD's in the 4th quarter. The play calling was awful last week. Of course, the passing game faltered when it was called on as well. I counted 8 dropped passes, by almost as many receivers and 5 bad passes by #4. I'll be very interested to see how they approach this game. They can only rely on that defense so much, before they get worn out by all the 3 and outs from the offensive unit. In my opinion, the coaching staff let this team down last week. Will it happen again? Fortunately it's Rowan County this week and not Dixie Heights.
UNDECIDED Wrote:Haven't heard much about the RB transfer from the west coast at Rowan. How is he playing so far and what's Rowan's record?

Derek Viles (RBfrom California) has transferred back to California..... Rowan has won 1 game beating Fleming Co. last week.
blue rainbow Wrote:Derek Viles (RBfrom California) has transferred back to California..... Rowan has won 1 game beating Fleming Co. last week.

Thank you Blue. Creek needs to go tale care of business and get ready for Bryan Station who comes to Creek the following week for Homecoming. And they will be in attendance as they have a BYE week.
Tates creek wins but I'm pulling for Rowan county :Cheerlead
Tates Creek 35-7
Tates Creek 46 Rowan County 38
Tates Creek-53

Rowan County-14
Rowan County - 13

Tates Creek - 12