Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Champions of the Mountains
Pikeville defeated Allen Central in the Champions of the Mountains! Great Tournament this weekend. Would like to thank all the coaches & teams that participated. Also Thanks to Pikeville Coach for putting this together. Gonna be another exciting season of Volleyball here in the Mountains.
That's a hump many teams in the area have been trying to get over for a long time. Congrats to this years team for doing it. All things considered, if things shake out like they should, and with no injuries, I believe this was a preview of the potential championship game of the 15th region this year. Allen Central's program and their success is what many teams have strived for, so this was a very high quality win, I believe.
IMO this should be Pikeville's year! Allen Central and East Ridge will be their toughest competition. I have seen every game this year and the talent to win the region is there, but a lot of things are happening off the court that could cause distractions. Heard just this afternoon that another assistant coach would be brought in to help keep things moving forward. If this is true and the players are allowed to focus on playing this could be a banner year. Pikeville vs Pike Central tomorrow.
Iredata90 Wrote:IMO this should be Pikeville's year! Allen Central and East Ridge will be their toughest competition. I have seen every game this year and the talent to win the region is there, but a lot of things are happening off the court that could cause distractions. Heard just this afternoon that another assistant coach would be brought in to help keep things moving forward. If this is true and the players are allowed to focus on playing this could be a banner year. Pikeville vs Pike Central tomorrow.
IMO that may be needed. I've heard a little of the same rumor. Heard some of the backstory leading to the rumor as well. Hopefully the girls are allowed to focus.
That's a big win for Pikeville.Allen Central has been tough the last few years and always field a good team.
Allen Central is a quality program; Pikeville is a quality program. Both have quality coaches. I wish people would "post facts," & not what they hear from this one or that one. Congrats Lady Panthers!
Bringing in another asst. coach is a joke. Pikeville's coaches led that team to top in a well-stocked tourney. They need zero help. Please don't cause trouble with opinions that do nothing but end up hurting the kids.
Pikeville Coaches are doing an Excellent Job in moving this program forward!! Just a rumor on them bringing in another assistant coach not needed. Pikeville is a strong team this year the girls are bonding like never before, getting better each game. They are all in this Together!! Good luck tonight Lady Panthers!!
Agree 100% Panther14. The team is very close & that can only be attributed to the overall attitude being shown to the team. That comes from the coaches, anybody says any different has an ax to grind. Go Panthers!
PostFacts Wrote:Bringing in another asst. coach is a joke. Pikeville's coaches led that team to top in a well-stocked tourney. They need zero help. Please don't cause trouble with opinions that do nothing but end up hurting the kids.
I was wondering why the PM, I went back and read what I typed. Oops. I left out a part somehow. I meant to say "If true, IMO, that may be needed". So my apologies for that. Not implying I knew for a fact it needed to happen. Just saying if the rumor as true, it MIGHT need to happen. But anyway, good luck, and congratulations to the girls on another win versus Pike Central last night!
Appreciate the reply. Building a top level program takes some time & now we are seeing some of the results of that. It's a step by step climb & the program, coaches & players sure seem on the same page. Just very happy for all involved. Coming out on top of Allen Central in volleyball & Prestonburg in football made for a good weekend. Great Job Pikeville Panthers!
Little early in the season to be making predictions isn't it!! By the way as for AC and ER to be Pikevilles biggest threat you are forgetting some other very good teams in this area!! Your making it sound like Pikeville is unbeatable when clearly every team is beatable!! Don't be so quick to rule out Paintsville, Betsy layne and Not sure if you have saw these teams play yet but you might be surprised!!!!!!
bobcatfan8 Wrote:Little early in the season to be making predictions isn't it!! By the way as for AC and ER to be Pikevilles biggest threat you are forgetting some other very good teams in this area!! Your making it sound like Pikeville is unbeatable when clearly every team is beatable!! Don't be so quick to rule out Paintsville, Betsy layne and Not sure if you have saw these teams play yet but you might be surprised!!!!!!
Have seen them play, and while good teams, Pikeville is right NOW clearly better than them. Anything can happen, of course, and AC is still the team to beat because they are reigning 15th region champs. I fully expect it to be a competitive region, though. Seems to always be.