Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Playoff's Wheres all the teams?
I've heard alot of schools are not going to participate in the state playoffs this year? I hear they're only 34 teams right now in the whole thing. I hope more teams join and this is not true.
Wrong, wrong and wrong again. Get some facts before you post.
A little early to panic. Lots of teams wait until the last minute.
Cardfan1 Wrote:A little early to panic. Lots of teams wait until the last minute.

Tell me about it Cardfan1, teams be keepin me busy lately.
Like I said that's what I heard.... And that's why I was ASKING... Not saying it was true.
I know Boyd isn't in....decided after last year it's a waste of money and pretty much a farce
Well I got email on August the 20th saying that there are only 29 teams registered. The deadline is Sept 1st... There's your facts Plantmanky....
I will take Boyd of the list, thanks for the update Wildcat
29 teams confirmed as did I, with 3 divisions that is not very many at all. Looks like most were Div 3 schools,, or I may have read that wrong
What is the rule about multiple schools combined to play as one team, I know Greenup had Wurtland and McKell separate, and then combined and that put them in the Div 1 or 2 bracket.. I was told that Lawrence County -Louisa Middle, actually has kids from Fallsburg on their team too, so why do they not have to fall under the same rules?? They are a 4A high school but play in the Div 3 small school division in football. Just wondering
Some teams will only enter if they think they can compete. We've not turned our paperwork in, but we'll be there.
East Carter will be in next week.
How do they decide which teams play in the play off and which school host the game .
I meant play each other
I believe it's based off point total and region you play in. By points I mean the points you get when you beat a division 1,2 or 3 team.
So the "rumors" and "I heards" are disspelled - the KMSFA is taking registrations until September 1st.

We are receiving them DAILY. Our board members are emailed as soon as a head coach completes the online form.

Our membership was 157 schools last year. It has risen every year.

We have always had strong numbers in the central part of the state. The eastern end really picked up about 2-3 years ago. The western end has had a few teams (BG, Lone Oak, Caldwell, etc) who have been on board from the beginning, but overall the western end still has a lot of room for us to grow.

I would reply to Wildcat1's comment, but I'm sure that is what he/she wants. We don't have time to argue on anonymous message boards.

If anyone has any questions, please have your program's head coach or AD email ANY of our board members. We are more than happy to answer whatever they may need to know.

JTB
@eagles2011 - our KMSFA State Playoff System power point presentation is available for anyone to view on our website.

To answer your question in short, 8th grade teams must play a minimum of at least 8 games (but not more than 10) and have a record above .500 to participate in the state playoffs. Head coaches submit a verified roster and schedule online. At the end of the season they submit the results of their season using an online form. From that, our playoff/championship coordinator Jeff Mann seeds them. Teams are given 30 points for defeating a D1 team, 20 for D2, and 10 for D3. Their number of games played are divided into the total points for accumulated for wins during the season and that is their points average. If they are a conference champion, they are given 2 bonus points on top of their points average.

The higher seeded teams get to host games unless a region site is designated. There have also been a few exceptions where a program has a 7th and 8th grade team that by seeding would have to play at 2 seperate sites. In those cases, the coordinator tries to work with the schools involved to accomodate everyone. We have usually worked that out without much issue.

JTB
As a coach at Boyd County Middle School the last three years. I'm disappointed that Boyd is not joining the KMSFA this year and truly don't understand the logic of the decision. I have great respect for the KMSFA and what they do for middle school football. I know the coaches, players and parents of the past enjoyed the experience that was given to them by the KMSFA.

Plantmanky, I would also like to thank you for hospitality that you always gave us at the Battle at the Summit, and the work you do for KMSFA.
I am so tickled to death that Letcher Central is joining this year. Didn't know if Fleming Neon is but am glad Letcher Co is represented in the state playoffs. So far I think we are 2-0. Great year for Letcher Football. Hope we go far this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
BCMS-WILDCATS Wrote:As a coach at Boyd County Middle School the last three years. I'm disappointed that Boyd is not joining the KMSFA this year and truly don't understand the logic of the decision. I have great respect for the KMSFA and what they do for middle school football. I know the coaches, players and parents of the past enjoyed the experience that was given to them by the KMSFA.

Plantmanky, I would also like to thank you for hospitality that you always gave us at the Battle at the Summit, and the work you do for KMSFA.

I'm assuming you're a former coach?
RaiderFan7th Wrote:East Carter will be in next week.

As of this morning East Carter & West Carter have not registered.
plantmanky Wrote:As of this morning East Carter & West Carter have not registered.

Update:

East Carters Registration is in. Still Waiting on West Carter.
I think the first year there were 12 teams in D 3 last year there well over 20, I would be very excited to see the this year's list. Will it be posted on here?
tvtimeout Wrote:I think the first year there were 12 teams in D 3 last year there well over 20, I would be very excited to see the this year's list. Will it be posted on here?

Once we have registrations, classifications and regional alignments finalized we can post here once the coaches and AD's get the information.
Yes
ok, so here is the question that one of the coaches have asked, they play in a conference. they have a conference playoff as well as a championship game. Do those games count as the ten games? For an example, A Team plays 10 regular season games, then plays 1 playoff game and then the conference championship. They have played 12 games...does this disquilfy them?
tvtimeout Wrote:ok, so here is the question that one of the coaches have asked, they play in a conference. they have a conference playoff as well as a championship game. Do those games count as the ten games? For an example, A Team plays 10 regular season games, then plays 1 playoff game and then the conference championship. They have played 12 games...does this disquilfy them?

No, 10 regular season games is the limit.
plantmanky Wrote:No, 10 regular season games is the limit.

Do you only count the ten regular season games for points? What if a team plays 8 regular season games and wins a playoff and a championship game? Do all ten games get counted toward their point total?
Does anyone know or have the list of schools that plan to be apart of the state playoffs ?
Eagleland Wrote:Does anyone know or have the list of schools that plan to be apart of the state playoffs ?

See post #16 in this thread.