Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle at the summit who looked good
What teams looked good at this weekends Battle at the summit
Heads up to anyone playing Summit View's 8th grade. Work on tackling and getting to the football that week. They have a very good running back (#24maybe) that keeps his legs working and can move. broke alot of tackles against us. I thought that they looked as good as anybody
Coopers O and D lines looked decent.
Our 7th grade is small but has good speed and are physical.
Hard to tell about our 8th grade just yet. We have a 1st year quarterback with no game experience that I thought handled himself well, he should get better as the year progresses. Both starting running backs were out, back ups were pretty decent. Missing a wide out made us throw to the tight end alot, that kid made some great catches.
Should be an interesting season. we'll see
Summit View, Ryle, Union (Cooper): 8th grade all had strong teams. The running back for Summit View was impressive, and the rest of their team very athletic. Ryle played very good team ball. Union surprised me with an agressive line and some talented skill players.

Campbell County and Ryle had nice 7th grade teams.

Rowan County 8th grade team had a RB/LB "28 that hit like a truck and ran like one as well.

South Oldham 8th had a nice RB that will get better as his team develops.

A very long day, but the boys all got some different looks.

Well Done Plantman
yeah, good job plantman. we've been there for the last 3 or 4 years(ever since the raiders have been a team). It gets better every year.