Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama: 'Trayvon Martin could have been me'
Washington (CNN) -- In unscheduled and unusually personal remarks, President Barack Obama tried Friday to explain why African-Americans were upset about last week's acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin while lowering expectations for federal charges in the case.
"Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago," Obama told White House reporters in a surprise appearance at the daily briefing.
His remarks, which lasted about 20 minutes, escalated a nationwide debate on the verdict that has prompted protests, including some that turned violent.
A Florida jury acquitted Zimmerman last Saturday in Martin's February 26, 2012, shooting death, inciting anger among many who considered the incident racially motivated murder.
Obama issued a written statement on Sunday, noting that the jury had spoken and urging calm and reflection. Despite some calls for him to speak about the case, the nation's first African-American president had made no further public comment until Friday
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/19/politics/o...?hpt=hp_c2
Well there you go President Obama was a pot smoking thug/thief when he was younger
nky Wrote:Well there you go President Obama was a pot smoking thug/thief when he was younger

There do seem to be a lot of similarities between the two. Of course, most of Obama's youth is more secret and closely guarded than our atomic bomb codes.

We do know that Obama was an established dope user and that his high school attendance record and academic performance were less than impressive. We don't know for sure if he was a thief or not but dope use and stealing usually go hand in hand.

Do you suppose that Zimmerman deprived us of a future president?
[Image: http://newsbusters.org/sites/default/fil...1370104682]

"I wore hoodies too"
nky Wrote:Well there you go President Obama was a pot smoking thug/thief when he was younger
You were a poster child for good?
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:There do seem to be a lot of similarities between the two. Of course, most of Obama's youth is more secret and closely guarded than our atomic bomb codes.

We do know that Obama was an established dope user and that his high school attendance record and academic performance were less than impressive. We don't know for sure if he was a thief or not but dope use and stealing usually go hand in hand.

Do you suppose that Zimmerman deprived us of a future president?

One thing they don't have in common...I can't imagine Barry straddling and pounding an adult male. Heck, I can't even imagine him doing that to Michelle, if you know what I mean:biggrin: He's too big of a wimp.
I get followed around Victorias Secret all the time, with my wife beaters and trucker hat on. He complains too much!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
SKINNYPIG Wrote:One thing they don't have in common...I can't imagine Barry straddling and pounding an adult male. Heck, I can't even imagine him doing that to Michelle, if you know what I mean:biggrin: He's too big of a wimp.

Excellent point. As I have posted before, you can learn a lot about a man by watching him throw a baseball. Need I say more?
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Excellent point. As I have posted before, you can learn a lot about a man by watching him throw a baseball. Need I say more?
Everybody knows that Obama's athletic career was stopped in its tracks because his high school basketball coach did not appreciate the black style of basketball that would have showcased Obama's towering skills. Just ask him. :biggrin:

Maybe Obama also played for a white racist baseball coach who deliberately taught him to throw a baseball like a little girl who had never seen a baseball before.
TheRealVille Wrote:You were a poster child for good?
I guess that's now a matter of degrees in todays world. Bet Gary Hart is just shaking his head
nky Wrote:I guess that's now a matter of degrees in todays world. Bet Gary Hart is just shaking his head
Great point. Many decent potential presidents have either declined to run or been force out of the race because of one lapse in judgment. Obama has lowered the bar forever.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Everybody knows that Obama's athletic career was stopped in its tracks because his high school basketball coach did not appreciate the black style of basketball that would have showcased Obama's towering skills. Just ask him. :biggrin:

Maybe Obama also played for a white racist baseball coach who deliberately taught him to throw a baseball like a little girl who had never seen a baseball before.

Your post is a classic. I don't know if he had a racist baseball coach or not but I know a lot of little girls who can throw a baseball far better than Barry. One can call him a lot of names but no one will ever call him an "athlete". Of course, he probably learned to "throw" by tossing around little packs of drugs back home.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Everybody knows that Obama's athletic career was stopped in its tracks because his high school basketball coach did not appreciate the black style of basketball that would have showcased Obama's towering skills. Just ask him. :biggrin:

And those white bowling pins were racist and refused to fall down for him when he bowled that 37 or whatever it was.
jetpilot Wrote:And those white bowling pins were racist and refused to fall down for him when he bowled that 37 or whatever it was.
:thatsfunn It was a 37. Aside from reading a prompter, I have not seen him do anything well. He reminds me more and more of the extremely shallow Ted Baxter character from the old Mary Tyler Moore show. Baxter had a great voice but would read anything put in front of him with zero comprehension, as Obama did when he read "corpse" - men twice in the same speech. The difference is that when Ted went off prompter, the station issued a quick apology to whomever he insulted.

[YOUTUBE="Obama "bowls""]-afpPb2NT2I[/YOUTUBE]
Hoot Gibson Wrote::thatsfunn It was a 37. Aside from reading a prompter, I have not seen him do anything well. He reminds me more and more of the extremely shallow Ted Baxter character from the old Mary Tyler Moore show. Baxter had a great voice but would read anything put in front of him with zero comprehension, as Obama did when he read "corpse" - men twice in the same speech. The difference is that when Ted went off prompter, the station issued a quick apology to whomever he insulted.

[YOUTUBE="Obama "bowls""]-afpPb2NT2I[/YOUTUBE]

Unfortunately this buffoon, unlike Baxter, has a particularly grievous agenda which, basically calls for 8 years of national 'happy hour' at the expense of the white middle class. For whom it would seem, he has unlimited contempt as he ruthlessly purses policies meant to redistribute their wealth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Unfortunately this buffoon, unlike Baxter, has a particularly grievous agenda which, basically calls for 8 years of national 'happy hour' at the expense of the white middle class. For whom it would seem, he has unlimited contempt as he ruthlessly purses policies meant to redistribute their wealth.
You may be right, but Baxter was always looking out for number one. Nothing else really mattered to him much. Maybe Obama is a true believing Marxist, or maybe he is just exploiting his followers for power and financial gain.

For somebody who seems to despise capitalism, he has collected hundreds of millions of dollars in donations from some of the planet's wealthiest individuals and corporations, and I don't think that we will ever know how many $millions have found its way into the Obama's bank accounts. I am not convinced that Obama is smart enough to dismantle a country with the wealth, tradition, and legal system of the United States - without somebody else providing him the blueprint. Obama lacks the courage and work ethic of a young Castro or Mao. These were evil men, but they were not lazy, nor were they stupid.

Maybe the only difference between Baxter and Obama is that one was hired to play the role of a TV news anchor and the other was hired to play President, and in both cases somebody else wrote their scripts.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You may be right, but Baxter was always looking out for number one. Nothing else really mattered to him much. Maybe Obama is a true believing Marxist, or maybe he is just exploiting his followers for power and financial gain.

For somebody who seems to despise capitalism, he has collected hundreds of millions of dollars in donations from some of the planet's wealthiest individuals and corporations, and I don't think that we will ever know how many $millions have found its way into the Obama's bank accounts. I am not convinced that Obama is smart enough to dismantle a country with the wealth, tradition, and legal system of the United States - without somebody else providing him the blueprint. Obama lacks the courage and work ethic of a young Castro or Mao. These were evil men, but they were not lazy, nor were they stupid.

Maybe the only difference between Baxter and Obama is that one was hired to play the role of a TV news anchor and the other was hired to play President, and in both cases somebody else wrote their scripts.

Very good point and I agree completely (I left my meaning a little vague didn't I,? LOL). I see his agenda as an adopted point of view, with it's roots in the liberal educational system of which he is the proud benefactor. Trust me, the liberal mind set isn't quite like some highly attained discipline. It's about how to exploit one's environment for anything they can get. Drugs and alcohol abuse along with other socially stigmatic behavior are the norm among them. Therefore the drug culture. Dope heads are truly like lemmings, ironically preying the most on each other, in acts of treachery and betrayal on their quest to satisfy their baser instincts. They call that being free, I call it using each other. Sitting around getting high and dabbling in self absorbed philosophical (of sorts) discussions. They emerge from these drug induced stupors feeling like geniuses. And why not, they haven't as yet developed a single life perspective that doesn't derive from what ever they can get that's free and easy, against which to evaluate validity of their ridiculous surmisings.

That's why liberal politicians can get up and declare with sincerity, things that I know to be lies. In the same manner that it is much easier to smoke a joint to become a 'self proclaimed' genius. Than to earn that distinction through the respect of one's peers in the real world. Liberals want desperately to believe there is an easy path to utopia, where discipline and responsibility are held to a minimum. To ask them, all we really need is a general consensus and their absurdly naïve visions will become real. To them, nobody has to answer to a Supreme Judge for their actions, nobody should have to rear their own offspring which, they consider to be an unfortunate side effect of free love. That is why they argue for abortion on demand, to escape responsibility. To heck with the murdered unborn, they live for today while at the same time thinly veiling their bent for unbridled fulfillment behind the concept of women's health concerns. :please:

No, I totally agree with you, it's somebody else's plan. Matter of fact I see it as an ever increasingly brazen defiance, against anything moral or remotely associated with humbling one's self before the Almighty.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]