Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2A Defenses
i Wanted to see what you all think about teams in the 2A that has Good Defenses
I'm only familier with SE KY teams so I'd say mostly Prestonsburg and Belfry !
Belfry, Sheldon Clark, and Russell will most likely lead the AA teams across the state in both offense and defense this year. I don't see anyone other than these 3 teams winning the championship. SC returns a lot of talent, as does Russell, but Belfry only lost 4 starters on either side of the ball. Admittedly one of them was Matt Maynard.
Sarrr Wrote:Belfry, Sheldon Clark, and Russell will most likely lead the AA teams across the state in both offense and defense this year. I don't see anyone other than these 3 teams winning the championship. SC returns a lot of talent, as does Russell, but Belfry only lost 4 starters on either side of the ball. Admittedly one of them was Matt Maynard.

I think you should put Prestonsburg in cause they always have a top Defense and Offense in 2A ! Even with the bad season they had last year they where still really good on both sides of the ball stats wise ! But other than that I agree with your choices !
Sarrr Wrote:Belfry, Sheldon Clark, and Russell will most likely lead the AA teams across the state in both offense and defense this year. I don't see anyone other than these 3 teams winning the championship. SC returns a lot of talent, as does Russell, but Belfry only lost 4 starters on either side of the ball. Admittedly one of them was Matt Maynard.
You obviously have not seen any teams outside of these three. There are several teams with solid defenses, and several teams, including some in the Central and Western Part of the state that can win the title.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Breathitt County has a good defense when they have the players to run the scheme they have been running over the past several seasons, but when they do not have the players it looks really bad. I have heard that they are trying to change it up abit and run different defenses now, that should help.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

it may be out of the area but you said 2a referring to the whole state... but the newport wildcats may be pretty impressive on defense... the defense last year was a little shaky... but now everyone is back and ready to play... i think that they may serve well...