Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paukl Pierce , Kevin Garnett traded to The Brooklyn Nets
Talk about things moving quickly.

No more than ten minutes ago we reported that the Boston Celtics and the Brooklyn Nets were moving closer to a deal that would send both Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett to Brooklyn and according to Yahoo Sports, that deal has reached the ownership level approval stage.

Per Wojo:

The talks are centering around a package that would include Gerald Wallace, Tomike Shengelia, the expiring deal of Kris Humphries and three future first-round picks (2014, ’16 and ’18), sources told Y! Sports.

Jason Terry also will be in the package going to the Nets, sources said. The Nets would send back Reggie Evans and do a sign-and-trade involving Keith Bogans and one more minimum-level player as part of package, a source said.

Wojo earlier reported that the Celtics would not ask Garnett to waive his no-trade clause until the deal was at its completion stage, which is right about now.

Pierce’s hefty potentially expiring contract had a handful of teams showing interest, but the Nets, who’ve been reportedly attempting to acquire the small forward for months now have every intention of keeping him.

The deal, assuming it gets completed, can’t become official until July 10th though both sides are attempting to finalize the deal in principal tonight.

Topics: Boston Celtics, Brooklyn Nets, Kevin Garnett, NBA Trade Rumors, Paul Pierce
Celtics got: Gerald Wallace and 3 first round picks (14, 16, 18)

Nets Got: Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Jason Terry

Yep, Nets just became a title contender
Strikeout King Wrote:Yep, Nets just became a title contender

No they didn't...

They are probably going to finish 4th in the East and lose in the 1st round to some crappy team.
J-Rod Wrote:No they didn't...

They are probably going to finish 4th in the East and lose in the 1st round to some crappy team.

I would have to agree with this especially seeing that they hired Jason Kidd who has ZERO coaching experience...
^
Marc Jackson had ZERO coaching experience had did his team do this year? Jason Kidd and his Nets will do fine. I'm pulling for Kidd to have sucesss as an head coach.
I hope Kidd makes an amazing coach.
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
J-Rod Wrote:No they didn't...

You do realize that they got Pierce, KG, Jason Terry to go along with Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez and Deron Williams right? I would not wanna face that team.

We have different oppinions I think they will be pretty good. You don't. It happens
Here's the full trade:

Nets Get:
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Jason Terry

Celtics Get:
Keith Bogans
Kris Humphries
Kris Joseph
MarShon Brooks
Gerald Wallace
3 first round picks (14, 16, 18)
Nice move on both parts. I do think the Boston front office is the winner in this trade.
1-3-1-press Wrote:^
Marc Jackson had ZERO coaching experience had did his team do this year? Jason Kidd and his Nets will do fine. I'm pulling for Kidd to have sucesss as an head coach.

I was referring to the first year...beyond that, then yeah, they may do fine...

Mark Jackson's first year wasn't a success and neither will be Kidd's. Again, beyond that, the team may become a contender but I am not holding my breath.
Strikeout King Wrote:Here's the full trade:

Nets Get:
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Jason Terry

Celtics Get:
Keith Bogans
Kris Humphries
Kris Joseph
MarShon Brooks
Gerald Wallace
3 first round picks (14, 16, 18)

I thought the Celtics got Reggie Evans too
zaga_fan Wrote:I thought the Celtics got Reggie Evans too

I guess not according to ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/942995...ierce-deal
They might be better then the knicks now. And definitely better then the Bulls.
KHSAA12 Wrote:They might be better then the knicks now. And definitely better then the Bulls.

You do realize that the Bulls will have Rose back right? They are also talking to teh Trail Blazers about big man LaMarcus Aldrige. Not sure if the Aldrige trade will happen or not because they want Noah in return and the Bulls won't deal Noah plus we have free agency coming up.

I will say however, depending on who the Heat bring in during free agency, they will be hard to beat yet again next year
I think the Nets will do fine. I would preseason rank them 4th in the East.I do think they could finish 4th or better in the regular season though.

1.Heat
2.Pacers
3.Bulls
4.Nets
5.Knicks
Strikeout King Wrote:You do realize that the Bulls will have Rose back right? They are also talking to teh Trail Blazers about big man LaMarcus Aldrige. Not sure if the Aldrige trade will happen or not because they want Noah in return and the Bulls won't deal Noah plus we have free agency coming up.

I will say however, depending on who the Heat bring in during free agency, they will be hard to beat yet again next year

Yeah i do. I just wanna see how good rose is coming back. Imo his mental toughness won't be there. And the bulls will have to play rythm ball again instead of resorting to nhl play. But like I said right now ill take the nets and pacers over the bulls.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Yeah i do. I just wanna see how good rose is coming back. Imo his mental toughness won't be there. And the bulls will have to play rythm ball again instead of resorting to nhl play. But like I said right now ill take the nets and pacers over the bulls.

I've never had an ACL injury and hope I never have one but I do believe he will come back his normal self. I expect the Bulls to do something in free agency. Hopefully no Dwight Howard. We don't won't no part of that whine bag
Physically ill think rose will be 100%. But that's not the aspect I'm worried about. I don't think he will be twerking his body to the goal as hard as last time. I think we will see a lot more jump shots from d rose this season due to him being mentally weak about his knee. Could be wrong just what I think.
Won't be the same in Boston with Paul Pierce gone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
1. HEAT

2. Pacers
3. Knicks
4. Nets
5. Bulls
I just do not see how you pick up 2 guys way past there prime and think you improved your team.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Physically ill think rose will be 100%. But that's not the aspect I'm worried about. I don't think he will be twerking his body to the goal as hard as last time. I think we will see a lot more jump shots from d rose this season due to him being mentally weak about his knee. Could be wrong just what I think.

Strikeout King is crying his eyes out over that.
I think Kidd is going to b a great coach.
1 - Heat
2 - Pacers
3 - Nets
4 - Bulls
5 - Knicks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1. HEAT

2. Pacers
3. Knicks
4. Nets
5. Bulls

Horribly inaccurate, I see it more like this!

1. HEAT

2. Pacers
3. Knicks
4. Nets
5. Bulls
ekff Wrote:I think Kidd is going to b a great coach.
1 - Heat
2 - Pacers
3 - Nets
4 - Bulls
5 - Knicks

The way the Pacers played last year it's hard to knock them down to 3...
but I think the Nets will give them all they can handle.

But for now I think that's about right.
zaga_fan Wrote:Strikeout King is crying his eyes out over that.

Lol. Couldn't think of another word to express how he moves to get to the rim.
Stardust Wrote:Horribly in accurate, I see it more like this!

1. HEAT

2. Pacers
3. Knicks
4. Nets
5. Bulls

Confusednicker:
Did Jason Kidd take over the Nets or the Celtics? I think it would have been easier to let Kidd go to the Celtics and coach than to make all these players move. Jason Kidd is going to be a tremendous coach. One of the best floor generals ever to play the game. Cant wait to watch his success
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"