Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LeBron James vs. Michael Jordan
First off, this thread will be closely watched, please do not get out of hand. This is to see who everyone thinks is better between the two (James or Jordan) if somone disagree's with you and it hurts your feelings please do not call them out in this thread, PM them and talk to them about it. If they keep disagreeing, move on! Do not stray away from this thread, this is about James and Jordan, NOT James and Kobe or James and Shaq and so on just about James and Jordan.

So on to the thread, I seen this picture floating around on facebook earlier and thought I'd grab it.

[Image: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-p...0922_n.jpg]
Some of the comments where people saying how James was better and this and that.

Here is one in paticular comment:

Quote:Took LeBron 2 extra years as a pro and a team switch to get his first title. Mj is 6 for 6 in finals and has 6 finals mvps and he never had to go to a game 7. He's done things and set records that LeBron can't do. Why people keep comparing them is just stupid.

The biggest difference is that Jordan went to North Carolina for 3 years, LeBron James went straight to the NBA after high school. If James had went to college for 3 years would everything be like they are today? If Jordan had went straight to the NBA after high school, would he have more MVP's, Titles, etc. etc.? It's hard to compare them and I think the only way that the two can be compared is to wait and see how the stats/titles/MVP's/Scoring Titles, etc. etc. are once LeBron has retired. IMHO
Exactly. Can't watch one movie claim its the best then watch watch another halfway and start comparing. Jordan went to college and lbj didn't. If lebron did and had time to grow and drafted by a different team who knows what could have been. That's why i say age is the best way to compare greats. Imo lbj will be the ALL AROUND better player.
Jordan has the edge and always will. He even has less losses in the finals than James, and played in six finals as compared to James' current for. Jordan was 24-11 in the finals, James has a losing record of 10-12, and was swept once. Jordan never lost an Olympic game, James has. Jordan was always HUGE in crunch time, six for six in the finals for winning MVP awards, James has disappeared more than once. It just doesn't add up that James is even in the conversation right now. I am not going to change anyone's mind anymore than they will change mine, but if someone is honest to themselves and look at all the numbers. they have to admit that Jordan is the best, even seen Kenny Smith doing a comparison and he has Jordan at a whole level above Kobe, then Lebron after Kobe. It seriously isn't even close.
^ So do we forget about MJ losing in the first round of his first three playoffs and not credit Lebron for never losing in the first round?

LeBron James is clearly the best basketball player in the game right now. There is no disputing that, and if anyone does, they need to get their head examined. The four-time MVP (with his most recent accolade coming this year) has made the All-NBA team nine times, the defensive team five times, has a scoring title under his belt, as well as a finals MVP to boot. And he’s only 28. In 20 years, when it comes time to discussing the best players to play the game, his name will probably get thrown around quite a bit, and rightfully so.

But can we please stop with the Michael Jordan comparisons? Can we put them off until LeBron approaches the backend end of his career? MJ is the greatest of all time, in 10 years we will be talking about a new G.O.A.T.

Im bored with this topic. My comments are in other threads, thus I have no interest in repeating myself again.

Time for football
Yes, I can't really see how you can make a comparison at this point until LeBron has retired. IMO, you could really only compare them if they were playing at the same time.
judgementday Wrote:Yes, I can't really see how you can make a comparison at this point until LeBron has retired. IMO, you could really only compare them if they were playing at the same time.

I gotta agree. :Thumbs:
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
lol, so you mean to tell me LBJ is on pace to kill Jordan?

Say it aint so.....

Barring injuries, ive said it time and time again.
When LBJ is done, he'll be considered the greatest ever to play the game.
It wont even be close unless you like to tug on Jordans balls.
I do not remember Jordan making all the turnovers at the end of the games.
[YOUTUBE="MJ"]wjg9zoi0jPc[/YOUTUBE]
^
Some people like to think Jordan never made one mistake.
I still dont understand why he is put on such a high pedastool.

The guy was great. No denying that.
BUT, to say he can never be match is absurd.
^ Everybody is surpassed. Maybe the next guy is Wiggins, maybe we won't see one for another 20 years....
^
Bingo.

Some people just cant let go...
Stardust Wrote:[YOUTUBE="MJ"]wjg9zoi0jPc[/YOUTUBE]

Hey I am not a Jordan fan and I believe that Lebron is the best player of his era. But he make a lot of bad turnovers at the end of close games trying to pass the ball. A lot of them I think he should have just shot the ball.