Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lebron fined for flopping
West and Stephenson got it as well
I wonder if he is embarrassed? I know I would be.

This is the only negative aspect of his game.

I am unsure how flopping became norm in league play...
Cant blame the guy for trying.
My Bryant himself started this IMO
judgementday Wrote:I wonder if he is embarrassed? I know I would be.

This is the only negative aspect of his game.

I am unsure how flopping became norm in league play...

It's like steroids in MLB.

You've got an opportunity to do something to give yourself an edge and in the NBA you've got the best players in the world that will do anything to give themselves that extra couple of free throws, a chance to rest their legs or foul out another player.

It's dirty, but the hall of fame is riddled with dirty players.
Best news today.
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
During the Heat's physical second-round playoff series against the Bulls, during which James was being called out for flopping some, he denied the allegations.

“I don't need to flop,” LeBron said. “I play an aggressive game. I don't flop. I've never been one of those guys.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on...r-flopping

Oh the irony.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Cant blame the guy for trying.
My Bryant himself started this IMO

Kobe is one of the leagues top whiners.

Him, Lebron and Duncan are head and shoulders above the rest.

However, "flopping" is something that Kobe isn't known for.

Let's do a quick youtube search of "kobe bryant flops" and see what we get.

[YOUTUBE="KOBE BRYANT BIGGEST FLOP EVER!"]?v=GLzlK_CiCFg[/YOUTUBE]
This is the first video on the list that is actually dedicated to Kobe. It's definitely a flop. The fact that Gasol hit him in the eye and he grabbed his eye afterwards isn't important.

[YOUTUBE="Dead weight kobe with the worst flop in nba history"]?v=NKuKCst6wms[/YOUTUBE]
That one is bad too! He falls down after a contested three. For some reason he left out an important part of the flop - the part where you look at the ref and try to get the call. It's like he was wanting to get back up and actually play basketball or something. Silly!

[YOUTUBE="Kobe bryant with another patented flop"]?v=wUJ61QbyzAg[/YOUTUBE]
This is actually a legit "flop". He's actually been suspended for flailing his arms like that and hitting people twice. Phil put together a highlight tape of Kobe shooting in practices and games over the year to show the league that there is a handful of situations that he flails his arms like that involuntarily - the league didn't buy it - but nice try, Phil. Like the vid above, Kobe needs to work on looking at the refs on these flops. He got the call regardless, though Wink

[YOUTUBE="Kobe Flops Too. Everyone Flops."]?v=VHv9CYCGglQ[/YOUTUBE]
This is evidently the only guy that has wasted more time on this argument than I have. Just watch it - funny stuff. This is probably a flop too, but the theatrics just aren't there.

[YOUTUBE="Kobe Flops Guarding James Harden"]?v=Fz73xgDrd8o[/YOUTUBE]
This is probably a flop as well - but if you go by the book, it was an offensive foul because Harden extended his arm to get space.

I've posted five instances of Kobe flopping. That is pretty much EVERY instance on youtube of Kobe flopping when you search. There is one more video of the Harden flop, some junk about him flopping in a video game and some vids of other people flopping. By the time you get to the bottom of the page there are no more videos of kobe. I'd say if you went through the rest of the videos you would find a few, but they are few and far in between.

Here are some Kobe quotes on flopping.

Quote:"I'd love to see it have an impact on the game itself," Bryant said. "I think in international play a technical foul is the penalty for it. Free throw and get the ball back, that sort of thing. But I like the rule. Shameless flopping is just a chump move. We're familiar with it because Vlade (Divac) kind of pioneered it in a playoff series with Shaq (O'Neal). And it worked pretty well for him."

Quote:“There’s a difference [between taking a charge and flopping]. We all know what flopping is when we see it,” Bryant said. “The stuff that you see is where guys aren’t really getting hit at all and are just flailing around like a fish out of water. That’s kind of like, where are your balls at?”

But much to my disdain - in a player vote a few years back - Kobe was ranked top 20 in the league for flopping.
Also - I know flopping and taking charges aren't exactly the same thing.

but in the last three years - Kobe has taken one charge.
zaga_fan Wrote:Kobe is one of the leagues top whiners.

Him, Lebron and Duncan are head and shoulders above the rest.

However, "flopping" is something that Kobe isn't known for.

Let's do a quick youtube search of "kobe bryant flops" and see what we get.

This is the first video on the list that is actually dedicated to Kobe. It's definitely a flop. The fact that Gasol hit him in the eye and he grabbed his eye afterwards isn't important.

That one is bad too! He falls down after a contested three. For some reason he left out an important part of the flop - the part where you look at the ref and try to get the call. It's like he was wanting to get back up and actually play basketball or something. Silly!

This is actually a legit "flop". He's actually been suspended for flailing his arms like that and hitting people twice. Phil put together a highlight tape of Kobe shooting in practices and games over the year to show the league that there is a handful of situations that he flails his arms like that involuntarily - the league didn't buy it - but nice try, Phil. Like the vid above, Kobe needs to work on looking at the refs on these flops. He got the call regardless, though Wink

[YOUTUBE="Kobe Flops Too. Everyone Flops."]?v=VHv9CYCGglQ[/YOUTUBE]
This is evidently the only guy that has wasted more time on this argument than I have. Just watch it - funny stuff. This is probably a flop too, but the theatrics just aren't there.

This is probably a flop as well - but if you go by the book, it was an offensive foul because Harden extended his arm to get space.

I've posted five instances of Kobe flopping. That is pretty much EVERY instance on youtube of Kobe flopping when you search. There is one more video of the Harden flop, some junk about him flopping in a video game and some vids of other people flopping. By the time you get to the bottom of the page there are no more videos of kobe. I'd say if you went through the rest of the videos you would find a few, but they are few and far in between.

Here are some Kobe quotes on flopping.

But much to my disdain - in a player vote a few years back - Kobe was ranked top 20 in the league for flopping.

It's so sad that people think Kobe flops. These people where trying way to hard to find something... and this is literally the best that they can do HAHAHA.

Sorry Kobe doesn't flop around like a dead fish, or act like he was shot in the head or something.

I have no clue about that player vote, but I'd like to see what they saw, I must be blind or something if
Kobe flops
and Lebron doesn't.

:lmao:
2013 NBA Playoff Fines for Flopping
Indiana Pacers - 3
Rest of the 15 teams - 4

Who cares about flopping? Why is flopping any more of a big deal than batters who fall down like they were shot in the head, when the batter either misses or hits their bat? Ever seen an NFL receiver look like they were picked up and heaved 10 yards and get a penalty drawn on a defender who never touched them? It's gamesmanship, yes against the rules, but so is cheating on your taxes....
Stardust Wrote:2013 NBA Playoff Fines for Flopping
Indiana Pacers - 3
Rest of the 15 teams - 4

Who cares about flopping? Why is flopping any more of a big deal than batters who fall down like they were shot in the head, when the batter either misses or hits their bat? Ever seen an NFL receiver look like they were picked up and heaved 10 yards and get a penalty drawn on a defender who never touched them? It's gamesmanship, yes against the rules, but so is cheating on your taxes....

Because it's BUSH LEAGUE. You don't expect a star player like Lebron James to stoop so low to it, whenever he doesn't have too.

[Image: https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/h...3603_o.jpg]
IMO flopping cheapens the game and causes unneeded delays.

With that being said, even Jordan flopped a few times.
Even Derek Jeter cheats...... Maybe the most CLASS professional athlete of all time.

This is a really boring conversation by those who have nothing to cheer about because their teams seasons are long over.......
Stardust Wrote:Even Derek Jeter cheats...... Maybe the most CLASS professional athlete of all time.

This is a really boring conversation by those who have nothing to cheer about because their teams seasons are long over.......
So everyone is just a big cheater then? Really... Hardwork doesn't pay off at all then. Hey kids don't work hard just CHEAT!

So I guess you like watching a bunch of cheaters play sports then?

I guess your referring to the Lakers season being over?
I'm not that big of an NBA fan only time I really watch it is the playoffs, so it really doesn't bother me that they are not in the playoffs, just because they aren't in it doesn't mean I can't cheer for someone else.
CraftCreeker Wrote:So everyone is just a big cheater then? Really... Hardwork doesn't pay off at all then. Hey kids don't work hard just CHEAT!

So I guess you like watching a bunch of cheaters play sports then?

I guess your referring to the Lakers season being over?
I'm not that big of an NBA fan only time I really watch it is the playoffs, so it really doesn't bother me that they are not in the playoffs, just because they aren't in it doesn't mean I can't cheer for someone else.

Not if you don't want to be a bandwagoner. And as far as cheating dusty is right. Every star in every league does it. You all are so butt-hurt cause lebron said he doesn't flop. Did Reggie admit to trash talking to everyone in every game while being in the league? Of course not. Lebron Flops, Kobe flops, D-wade flops, Pierce flops, Durant flops. Get over it. This is as bad as talking about a player because of his hairline. Who gives a damn. Next will be weather each player takes a shit right before they step on the floor. Hell man look at your lil video of lebron and David west. The obvious two man flop.
KHSAA12 Wrote:[/B]

Not if you don't want to be a bandwagoner. And as far as cheating dusty is right. Every star in every league does it. You all are so butt-hurt cause lebron said he doesn't flop. Did Reggie admit to trash talking to everyone in every game while being in the league? Of course not. Lebron Flops, Kobe flops, D-wade flops, Pierce flops, Durant flops. Get over it. This is as bad as talking about a player because of his hairline. Who gives a damn. Next will be weather each player takes a shit right before they step on the floor. Hell man look at your lil video of lebron and David west. The obvious two man flop.

Band Wagoner? When in the world did it become wrong to like different teams?

Yea we are saying "FLOPPING" retarded too,
but all you guys back Lebron like hes some kind of God, and worship him for flopping around whenever YOU KNOW HE CAN DO BETTER. LOOK at what he did to the Pacer's in the 3rd.

The man went on fire. That's the Lebron I'd like to see all the time honestly.

It's like you don't even read my posts, are you trolling me?
CraftCreeker Wrote:Band Wagoner? When in the world did it become wrong to like different teams?

Yea we are saying "FLOPPING" retarded too,
but all you guys back Lebron like hes some kind of God, and worship him for flopping around whenever YOU KNOW HE CAN DO BETTER. LOOK at what he did to the Pacer's in the 3rd.

The man went on fire. That's the Lebron I'd like to see all the time honestly.

It's like you don't even read my posts, are you trolling me?

lol im just giving you a hard time man, but Lebron cant sustain that for 4 quarters thats just impossible man. And it become bandwagoning to me after be called one even if you have been a heat or lbj fan since he entered the league. Will admit never liked Cleveland and never will and have always liked D-wade and the heat, but people tend to think because you like them your a bandwagoner and that honestly gtes to me more then anything. When in reality bandwagoing is cheering for multiple teams no matter who they play against. But I agree flopping is retarded, but you cant bash one pleyer for doing what the entire league does. No matter how much better, bigger, or more athletic that player is.
Grandmama never flopped...

flopping is crazy in all the nba.
Losing a lot of respect for a 6'9" 270lb monster, build like a shit brick house, flopping like a [Image: http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu41/...gikarp.gif].
Bron is better than that. Also him flopping is the equivalent to Tobey Maguire's acting; terrible.
Fine should be larger