Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Tourney
Held @ Wolfe County High School. Drawing is Friday May 24th @ 11 AM!

Winners
53rd - Jenkins
54th - Perry Co Central
55th - Breathitt County
56th - Estill County

Losers
53rd - Letcher County Central
54th - Hazard
55th - Jackson City
56th - Powell County

Perry Central defeated Hazard to win the 54th
letcher central should be in 53rd looser bracket they beat knott and lost to jenkins
baseball buster, what is your problem with LCC?? why do you talk so bad about them and there coaching staff?? I would say if you can change things for the better coach Perkins would listen to you, I have herd him say that he doesn't know it all and if any one has got any ideas to make the team better he is all ears. Instead of you doggen them all the time go up there and help.
I agree with that statement. They have had a bad year not having a home game for half of the season. Thank God they are only loosing two.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
mtntopblue Wrote:baseball buster, what is your problem with LCC?? why do you talk so bad about them and there coaching staff?? I would say if you can change things for the better coach Perkins would listen to you, I have herd him say that he doesn't know it all and if any one has got any ideas to make the team better he is all ears. Instead of you doggen them all the time go up there and help.

I dont talk bad about lcc just the coaches and why is he coaching if he doesnt know how to fix the problem.they should not need help that is what there getting paid for he should have stuck with football instead of taking a job he knows nothing about! Those girls are the ones who has to pay for there mistakes!! And here is an idea to make things better, practice..... Drills..... Somthing they dont do much of
cougarpride08 Wrote:I agree with that statement. They have had a bad year not having a home game for half of the season. Thank God they are only loosing two.

They only lost one last year and look at it now and they didnt have a field. they used the other field on the hill they could have done the same this year but your beloved coaching staff chose not too who paid for it??those girls. Wait till next year you will see then youll jump onboard
Anyone have the pairings?
Baseball buster Wrote:I dont talk bad about lcc just the coaches and why is he coaching if he doesnt know how to fix the problem.they should not need help that is what there getting paid for he should have stuck with football instead of taking a job he knows nothing about! Those girls are the ones who has to pay for there mistakes!! And here is an idea to make things better, practice..... Drills..... Somthing they dont do much of

Another thing i was told they didn't even practice yesterday (thursday) and region tourney next week. If it was raining why not go to the batting cage in the gym because they cant be hitting good or why not go over game plan or practice in the gym. Find something to work on
Was told the draw wasn't until 2 PM!
Baseball buster sounds like you know everything that goes on. Who do you want to be coach?? The reason for no practice they only had about 9 girls show up. And last year there record was 18-19, if girls don't want to get along with each other I don't think he can control that. Why don't you apply for the job since they get paid so much. I am a parent of one of the girls and I think the coaches have done a heck of a job.
Dont' have the results but was just told Estill Co drew Jackson City
12 PM - Estill v Jackson City
2 PM - PCC v LCC

4 PM - Breathitt v Powell
6 PM - Jenkins v Hazard
I agree with some of the criticism of the coaching staff at Letcher Central, it's the job of any coaching staff to motivate their team . But buster seams like he's got a personal problem with them . What ever is going on with the team is bad that's for sure but let's hope they show up for the region . Girls not showing up for practice and girls not getting along can be a parent and a coaching problem , I would like to see them play well next week can't wait to watch the games .
If only 9 players showed up then only nine players should play.another thing that the coach should resolve. And i don't have a personal problem i just think those girls deserve better because i know that there r some dedicated girls on that team. And my niece said they didnt even practice today either (friday) and they play monday so i think they deserve more criticism than what im giving!!! And if anyone reads my posts and sees what is going on with all the bull---- and not practicing and still thinks i am wrong then i will appolligize and until then I'm not stopping
Personal problem why?? What did that coach do to you let me guess he don't know nothing about softball right?? Critics are like ---holes everybody got one. Bottom line is girls are going to have to respect each other and play with heart, I don't care what coach is up there either the girls have heart or they don't, that can't be taught. But baseball buster you stay on here and keep talking bad about the coaches hiding behind a computer but you are the one that knows everything. Good luck Lady Cougars with fans like BB they are always there in the shadows talking about something. Perkins and Polis love all them girls and would anything to help them be better but the GIRLS has got to want it not just a few the whole TEAM!!!
mtntopblue Wrote:Personal problem why?? What did that coach do to you let me guess he don't know nothing about softball right?? Critics are like ---holes everybody got one. Bottom line is girls are going to have to respect each other and play with heart, I don't care what coach is up there either the girls have heart or they don't, that can't be taught. But baseball buster you stay on here and keep talking bad about the coaches hiding behind a computer but you are the one that knows everything. Good luck Lady Cougars with fans like BB they are always there in the shadows talking about something. Perkins and Polis love all them girls and would anything to help them be better but the GIRLS has got to want it not just a few the whole TEAM!!!

Your right he dont know what he is doing... And if they would do anything for those girls practice.... Or do somthing thats all i would like to see you set there and defend them so apparently you also are clueless because if you dont see it then you are blind. I have no idea how those parents have not said anything.
Guys I have doubts a little as well, but i stand by this coach. If I am not mistaken, they lost there best player all year with a injury. Can someone verify that? Good luck Cougars we are behind you girls. Play together and good things will happen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
As far as i know no one has been out with injury. Some people get on here and think i am the bad guy because i because i talk about the coaches but all i am doing is saying what needs to be said and all i really want is what is best for those girls and if anyone thinks different then they are wrong..... Those girls should be at the top of the region and the reason they have won what games they have is because of talent alone.
Baseball buster you right they should be at the top but those girls don't play with heart, ask the players, a few cant win in softball. I hope they play with everything they got tomorrow and they can win, you can't coach heart either the players got it or they don't. Don't blame the coaches for that they can't play for them, if they had won every game this year there still would be critics against them but that is part of team sports, not many critics in golf. But anyways good luck LCC I will be there supporting the team tomorrow players and coaches.
You may not be able to teach heart but you can teach good work ethics and dicaplen and then the heart will come and the bad apples will go..... They will never get better without practice and dicaplen.
It was a great tournament. I watched every game and their was some really good games and the girls played well . It wasn't a surprise to see Estill win it all they are a great team and are coached by probly the best coaching staff in the 14th there record speaks for it self. The only down side I saw was the officials they were very disappointing in the field and behind the plate . Great sportsmanship and great weather a very good week for softball way to go girls .
Just wanting to know what you think, would it have changed anything if PCC would have brought in Back to pitch with a 2-1 lead over estill in the 4th Inn? She only pitched about 8 games this year though, but man she looked very accurate and very fast in those games! Not questioning the coaches or anything, as they too are getting better. I mean I watched all the games and any of the final 4 could have easily gone to state!
Congrates to Estill, almost forgot that!
^ Maybe, maybe not! Answer this, in both games that Estill and PCC have met, why didn't they throw Back instead of Sheffield?
PCC has not pitched her much at all this year , it's been a surprise . There new pitcher got hit pretty hard as the game went on best I remember . I don't think it would have made a difference at all , the coaches know something's we don't I have to beleave if they thought it would have helped they would have done it . I posted early in the season if she was hurt don't remember the replays but you have to think something is wrong with her .
She's not been hurt, only much better defense with her at SS. i think It would have made a difference, she throws it faster and more accurate. But when she pitched they were noticeably weaker on D. She signed with UPike as a SS and/or OF. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20! Go estill and represent the 14th well!!!!
warmachine Wrote:She's not been hurt, only much better defense with her at SS. i think It would have made a difference, she throws it faster and more accurate. But when she pitched they were noticeably weaker on D. She signed with UPike as a SS and/or OF. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20! Go estill and represent the 14th well!!!!

I agree i think it could have made a difference she is a good pitcher. Dont need a defense if u strike out the batters. Anyway Hope estill brings home the trophy