Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Young and The Restless - 14th Region Edition
I hope estill county and Jon Bentley win it all.
Stlcardsfan... You know what women use to cleanse theirself?
Ballers Wrote:I hope estill county and Jon Bentley win it all.

Be safe to say the road to Rupp will go through Knott Co one way or another.

Mix1...
Mix1 Wrote:Be safe to say the road to Rupp will go through Knott Co one way or another.

Mix1...

I'm assuming you're talking about knott and cordia?
Orangemeowblue has grown very quiet. Cat got your tongue bruhh?
Ballers Wrote:I'm assuming you're talking about knott and cordia?

Yup,, surely isn't JBS.. Being a betting man,, I'd put my money on one of the two of KCC or Cordia.

Mix1...
Ballers Wrote:Stlcardsfan... You know what women use to cleanse theirself?

Did you mean themselves?
Cordia is getting the big PF from Mississippi, and a sharp shooting guard from NJ. Was told that's a done deal. Knott and Quentin Goodin,, basically a done deal also but not 100% yet, although is as close as can get without Quentin saying it's true. This coming from a major sports writer.

Mix1...
Ballers Wrote:I hope estill county and Jon Bentley win it all.

I do believe Bentley will have Estill playing at Rupp in the state tourney before he's done at Estill. They have a lot of talent coming up!

IBallboy was on top of this one. He was the first one to say that a 14th region job would come open not too long ago
Mix1 Wrote:Cordia is getting the big PF from Mississippi, and a sharp shooting guard from NJ. Was told that's a done deal. Knott and Quentin Goodin,, basically a done deal also but not 100% yet, although is as close as can get without Quentin saying it's true. This coming from a major sports writer.

Mix1...

Knott wants to win a Sweet 16, they need a 4/5.....
region Wrote:Knott wants to win a Sweet 16, they need a 4/5.....

Not disagreeing,, but adding a top 50ish player in the nation and the #1 pg in the state for '16 to go along with Camron can make a fast dangerous team. Would also help Camron big time as he's a shooter that would benefit from playing 2 guard. Evan is one of the top F/C's in the state. Add Christian to forward. That's 4 of the top 20 players in the state. Be a team nobody could press and would be a nightmare mismatch for almost everyone. A true center or forward would help, but I like that lineup. As Forrest Gump said.. And they were runnnnnnning.. Either way, 14th region will be fun all around.

Mix1...
Mix1 Wrote:Not disagreeing,, but adding a top 50ish player in the nation and the #1 pg in the state for '16 to go along with Camron can make a fast dangerous team. Would also help Camron big time as he's a shooter that would benefit from playing 2 guard. Evan is one of the top F/C's in the state. Add Christian to forward. That's 4 of the top 20 players in the state. Be a team nobody could press and would be a nightmare mismatch for almost everyone. A true center or forward would help, but I like that lineup. As Forrest Gump said.. And they were runnnnnnning.. Either way, 14th region will be fun all around.

Mix1...
Is the Hall and Christian you are talking about playing for the Ville this summer?? If so I would not say they are top 20 prospects in KY class of 2015. Justice yes, Goodin (2016)if he shows up YES. It takes a solid 8 to win it all and at this point KCC has not got that kind of depth.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Is the Hall and Christian you are talking about playing for the Ville this summer?? If so I would not say they are top 20 prospects in KY class of 2015. Justice yes, Goodin (2016)if he shows up YES. It takes a solid 8 to win it all and at this point KCC has not got that kind of depth.

Going off the last state rankings I saw. Hall was top 15 and Christian was top 20. I don't question one bit of Hall being too 20. But depth will be a factor as all of last years freshman, except one, was transferring last I heard.

Mix1...
Mix1 Wrote:Cordia is getting the big PF from Mississippi, and a sharp shooting guard from NJ. Was told that's a done deal. Knott and Quentin Goodin,, basically a done deal also but not 100% yet, although is as close as can get without Quentin saying it's true. This coming from a major sports writer.

Mix1...
Wow, Isaiah Briscoe coming to Cordia?!?! That would be crazy but if he does Cordia would be my automatic pick to win the 14th Region for the next two years. There seems to be rumors flying that Briscoe is changing schools before next fall. With Rhodes' obvious connections to New Jersey and how it coincided with your post, it sounds legit to me!
Colley9288 Wrote:Wow, Isaiah Briscoe coming to Cordia?!?! That would be crazy but if he does Cordia would be my automatic pick to win the 14th Region for the next two years. There seems to be rumors flying that Briscoe is changing schools before next fall. With Rhodes' obvious connections to New Jersey and how it coincided with your post, it sounds legit to me!

Hold on there.. First I never gave a name for the guard. But I'll clarify that he is white.

Mix1...
Briscoe has played for 4 different schools this summer already... Who knows where he'll end up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lol...I love the 14th. I agree with you mix. Knott or Cordia will be representing the 14th and probably for a while.
UCLA, Florida State Offer Isaiah Briscoe (UPDATED)
May 27th, 2013 9:41 pm
Isaiah Briscoe has added two more high-major offers.

The 6-foot-3 2015 St. Benedict’s Prep guard picked up offers from UCLA and Florida State, George Briscoe told SNY.tv.

“UCLA, when they come calling you definitely have to listen and weigh your options, absolutely,” Isaiah’s father told SNY.tv. “We definitely plan on making a visit to the West Coast. We definitely want to visit UCLA.”

He added that Florida State had offered about a week ago.

Isaiah Briscoe, who went off for 35 points Sunday in a three-point loss to Rashad Vaughn and Wisconsin Playground at the Nike EYBL stop in Minnesota, also holds offers from Syracuse, Florida, Arizona, Ohio State and Indiana, among others.

Current UCLA guard Kyle Anderson also played for the Playaz and will be a sophomore next season.

Briscoe plans to visit Florida in late June, his father recently told SNY.tv.

No date is set because Briscoe has other commitments coming up.

Briscoe averaged 15.1 points, 4.6 assists, 3.5 rebounds and 2.3 steals for the 32-2 Gray Bees and helped them reach the ESPN National High School Invitational final, losing to Montverde (Fla.) Academy.

I Don't think Coach Rhodes and Cordia can give him the type of promotions he is getting currently
KHSAA12 Wrote:Lol...I love the 14th. I agree with you mix. Knott or Cordia will be representing the 14th and probably for a while.

As long as Cordia has a lot more than what the brought to the Sportsplex last night maybe.
Lol...just wait til the season starts and you can come talk to me. And as far as the Briscoe kid, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he came. Rhodes has his most ties with St. Bendicts and St. Anothonys. And as far as Rhodes giving him what he needs just ask Emmanuel.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:UCLA, Florida State Offer Isaiah Briscoe (UPDATED)
May 27th, 2013 9:41 pm
Isaiah Briscoe has added two more high-major offers.

The 6-foot-3 2015 St. Benedict’s Prep guard picked up offers from UCLA and Florida State, George Briscoe told SNY.tv.

“UCLA, when they come calling you definitely have to listen and weigh your options, absolutely,” Isaiah’s father told SNY.tv. “We definitely plan on making a visit to the West Coast. We definitely want to visit UCLA.”

He added that Florida State had offered about a week ago.

Isaiah Briscoe, who went off for 35 points Sunday in a three-point loss to Rashad Vaughn and Wisconsin Playground at the Nike EYBL stop in Minnesota, also holds offers from Syracuse, Florida, Arizona, Ohio State and Indiana, among others.

Current UCLA guard Kyle Anderson also played for the Playaz and will be a sophomore next season.

Briscoe plans to visit Florida in late June, his father recently told SNY.tv.

No date is set because Briscoe has other commitments coming up.

Briscoe averaged 15.1 points, 4.6 assists, 3.5 rebounds and 2.3 steals for the 32-2 Gray Bees and helped them reach the ESPN National High School Invitational final, losing to Montverde (Fla.) Academy.

I Don't think Coach Rhodes and Cordia can give him the type of promotions he is getting currently
You do realize these high major schools were at Cordia last year right?
KHSAA12 Wrote:You do realize these high major schools were at Cordia last year right?
Yes, but I don't see Cordia playing in ESPN's National High School Invitational. I know some of you guys don't see it that way, but that tournament is lot more prestigious than the 14th region tournament get real.
^Not saying it isn't, but the kids main goal is college then maybe pro. I'm not saying he's coming I'm just saying he's in the area where it wouldn't surprise if he came.
i don't think the 14th region is the place to go if you want to go pro in anything except check drawing
Any word on the Combs kid from Cordia? Heard he is still with Cordia but Perry Central is wanting him and he will be a freshman this year?The kid will be special no matter where he plays high school ball.
^Combs is still there.
zonebuster Wrote:Any word on the Combs kid from Cordia? Heard he is still with Cordia but Perry Central is wanting him and he will be a freshman this year?The kid will be special no matter where he plays high school ball.
They say he is going to be one heck of A pitcher, would be A good pick up for Dixon and the baseball team!!!
I read somewhere in this thread that someone said Knott had 4 Division 1 players. Who are they? I know Justice maybe. Who are the others?
The_Rock Wrote:I read somewhere in this thread that someone said Knott had 4 Division 1 players. Who are they? I know Justice maybe. Who are the others?

Cam high D1,, either UT or Duke,, Evan low to mid D1, Christian low D1, and Goodin high D1,, any of the top 25 programs,, when he gets here.

Mix1...
Mix1 Wrote:Cam high D1,, either UT or Duke,, Evan low to mid D1, Christian low D1, and Goodin high D1,, any of the top 25 programs,, when he gets here.

Mix1...

Justice - UT, no duke
Hall - UPike or NAIA
Christian - Alice Lloyd or D3
Goodin - ain't going to know

Not knocking kids or those schools, free education is a free education but get real