Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track and Cross Country Realignment
The KHSAA has released it's proposed realignment for track and cross country that will become effective this July. You can find it here:

http://ky.milesplit.com/articles/105620-...ealignment

Harlan County moves up to AAA, leaving behind their home of AA region 7 for the past 5 seasons. Also, region 5 in AA becomes a "loaded region". Some of the rationale is confusing, as it pertains to travel some of these teams will encounter to compete in their region.

Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
Who is in Letcher Central Region? Any teams added? Seems to me Clay Co is the only one that might take there place. What can someone tell us about Clay Co team?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Clay County, Shelby Valley, and Lawrence County were added to their region. Clay has a solid track program, but cross country has been down the last few years, in fact I don't think they participated in cross last year.

Lawrence County, according to milesplit, only had two runners last year.

Shelby Valley hasn't been as competitive the last few years as they had been, but seem to be growing and climbing back.

Suffice it to say (and no disrespect to any program), but Letcher's main competition left AA Region 7 with Harlan County. This is just based on patterns in the last 5 years.
Also, very interesting, is the fact that AA Region 2 has 20+ teams.
I stand corrected, Clay did have a team last season. They finished last in AAA region 7, their top boy ran 19 minutes.
According to the list they were added n region 5. Is that true?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Yes, my apologies. I misread. So the additions to Letcher's region would be Lawrence County and Shelby Valley.
That is about right. Going to be a competitive region 5.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Yes, region 5AA will be very difficult. They took out both East/West Jessamine, but added Danville, Powell County, Lexington Catholic and Lexington Christian. It's an absolutely loaded region.
Wow! Glad we aren't in that region. Ours is still going to be ok.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

It's kind of hard to understand the rationale of some of the East KY schools being stuck in that region. (Bell, Knox). Lots of travel for them.
Still hard to believe how they broke the 3 classes down.
I agree. Can't understand the rationale of some of these moves.