Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raise the Jolly Roger!!!!!
The Buccos are in first place!!!!!! Somewhere, Bob Prince is smiling again!!!!
Somewhere, the baseball Gods know September is still on the calender and the Pirates will falter.
Seems like I have heard this before...LOL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
So allow this old Pirate fan who has had to deal with 20 years of losing a little chance to gloat in April. 1979 was a long time ago (some of you yahoos were not even hatched yet) and Roberto has been dead for 40 years.
and they will be an also ran by the 4th of July
Don't pay much attention to standings in April wait til August before you start to gloat to much.
20 straight years of losing gives me every RIGHT to gloat. The only thing I can imagine being worse than watching 20 straight losing seasons by us Pirate fans is 60 years of UK football sucking up the SEC.
^
And dominating the SEC (basketball)

Until you choose to root for a team that wins, your going nowhere fast.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:20 straight years of losing gives me every RIGHT to gloat. The only thing I can imagine being worse than watching 20 straight losing seasons by us Pirate fans is 60 years of UK football sucking up the SEC.

Nope, because UK football hasn't had 20 straight losing seasons. In fact, over the last 20 years (1993-2012) we have had 8 seasons where we finished at least .500 or better. Not great, but at least we have gotten to have some success during that time frame.

Not to mention, as RIUTG stated, our basketball successes during those 20 years, which includes 3 national titles.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Keep the faith, Dangerous! I think this is the year we finally end the streak. While I dont foresee 100 wins, I see no reason as to why this team cant win 85 or so. Our pitching is solid, and should continue to be very good as guys like Gomez and Jeff Locke grow, while mixing in with AJ and Wandy. Our farm teams have two of the top young pitchers (one of which we'll see this year) and our bullpen has been outstanding. Our hitting is coming around, and when Pedro gets out of his funk, Walker gets back on the field, and Cutch starts playing like Cutch, I see the Fighting Buccos winning 85 or 86 games, and laying a great foundation for a bright future (much like the late 80s Pirates did going into the pennant 90s years)..I quit paying attention to the naysayers..most of them are those "hard core" Boston or New York fans, and Ive seen the Reds fan base triple in two years..weird how that happens, huh?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Seems like I have heard this story before lol
More Cowbell Wrote:Nope, because UK football hasn't had 20 straight losing seasons. In fact, over the last 20 years (1993-2012) we have had 8 seasons where we finished at least .500 or better. Not great, but at least we have gotten to have some success during that time frame.

Not to mention, as RIUTG stated, our basketball successes during those 20 years, which includes 3 national titles.

Clearly Cowbell failed his reading comp class at UK. The Pirates have had 20 straight losing seasons. The 60 years I was refering to was the last time sUcK won an OUTRIGHT SEC title in football.
I am enjoying this very much right now. I am reliving the summer of 79 all over again. Let's go Bucs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One must admit this team is playing really well, but we have seen this in the recent pass with this club. I can't be excited for them until they can sustain this level of play after the all-star break.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:20 straight years of losing gives me every RIGHT to gloat. The only thing I can imagine being worse than watching 20 straight losing seasons by us Pirate fans is 60 years of UK football sucking up the SEC.

More Cowbell Wrote:Nope, because UK football hasn't had 20 straight losing seasons. In fact, over the last 20 years (1993-2012) we have had 8 seasons where we finished at least .500 or better. Not great, but at least we have gotten to have some success during that time frame.

dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Clearly Cowbell failed his reading comp class at UK. The Pirates have had 20 straight losing seasons. The 60 years I was refering to was the last time sUcK won an OUTRIGHT SEC title in football.

My reading comprehension is fine. Your memory, however, might be fading. Read your first quote above if you need to...

You said nothing about the last time UK won the conference title. You said it was 60 years of UK "sucking up the SEC". Which I clearly debunked in my following post, by using a little something called facts.

Just go back to wishing and hoping that your little Mountaineers might someday be relevant in college sports somewhere outside the borders of West Virginia.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well here is one fact that is undisputable between WVU and sUcK in football

BCS Bowl Titles
WVU 3
sUcK ZERO
Here's some interesting facts about UK and WVU in the two major sports:

National titles in football:

UK - 0
WVU - 0

National titles in basketball:

UK - 8
WVU - 0

Like I said, maybe WVU will be relevant in at least ONE of the major sports someday...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Split the series with the Reds!!!! Now on to the Left Coast to play the Angels and Mariners!!!!
More Cowbell Wrote:Here's some interesting facts about UK and WVU in the two major sports:

National titles in football:

UK - 0
WVU - 0

National titles in basketball:

UK - 8
WVU - 0

Like I said, maybe WVU will be relevant in at least ONE of the major sports someday...

If Stoope can keep recruiting like he is, expect us to pass up WV in the football category as well Confusednicker:

If we played in the Big East, we would have BCS bowl wins over bad teams from bad conferences as well.
Raise the Jolly Roger!!!!! 7 straight wins, back to back sweeps of the AL West teams, AND 18 games OVER .500!!!! I am just about ready to break out Sister Sledge and party like it is 1979!!!! Somewhere, Pops and Bob Prince are smiling!!!!:1:
Best record in baseball!! This is our year, Neer!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
nky Wrote:and they will be an also ran by the 4th of July
I meant Labor DayConfusednicker:
After sweeping the Deadbirds a doubleheader on Tuesday, the Buccos are in first place again!!! Latest first place appearance since 1992.:1:
What a great comeback win over the Deadbirds last night!!!! To quote Bob Prince "We had 'em all the way!!!!!"

I have not heard from from you Dead fans. Have you all jumped off the bandwagon without your parachutes????
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Somewhere, the baseball Gods know September is still on the calender and the Pirates will falter.

Well, it is Labor Day and the Buccos are in first place. You Red fans can go back to rooting for sUcK since basketball practice starts in 6 weeks.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Well, it is Labor Day and the Buccos are in first place. You Red fans can go back to rooting for sUcK since basketball practice starts in 6 weeks.

Last I checked both the reds and cards will be in the postseason. And with the inexperience of the pirates that is a whole new ball game
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Last I checked both the reds and cards will be in the postseason. And with the inexperience of the pirates that is a whole new ball game

:hilarious:

The Deadbirds are in free fall thanks to the Reds and the Reds are 3 and a half in back of the Pirates. The Pirates are assured of their first non winning season since 1992.
nky Wrote:and they will be an also ran by the 4th of July

nky Wrote:I meant Labor DayConfusednicker:
I meant the first day of fall :eyeroll:
nky Wrote:I meant the first day of fall :eyeroll:

keep the predictions up there nky. :igiveup:
were are they now?