Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best mid-distant and distant runners in this area.
Who are the best mid-distant/distant runners in this area?
Stan is very good and so is Bradon Adkins aka flea...j/k
Stan will be a great 400 runner. And Brandon could do well in the mile run.
Brandon n Stan from pikeville are both great...
apparently so is shane grimm from paintsville but brandon beat him last year
Chris Grihm from Jenkins will be a good distance runner. He ran cross country and beat Brandon at everyone except the one that counts the most state. It should be a fierce competition between the two in the mile run.
Adkins from P-ville.
Um, you have Johnthon Bently, from Central he beat Brandon in a majority of the races this year at pikeville, you got Grim from jenkins who would beat them both.

You have Patrick and Matt from central who would do well, look for Matt to run the mile and Patrick to run the 2 mile.
Stan and chance from pikeville are good runners as well.

I ran for central, but not that good...decent I guess for a first year runner.
John curtis from central is good.
Cory and Clay from pikeville were decent runners.

Im not sure, but I belive vally has some ok runners, so did east ridge
I know east ridge has a person run in a state, and I belive vally went as a team, correct me if im wrong.

This year for track will be very intresting, Pikeville I belive will win the meets..look for central to come in 2nd...depending if people actually decide to come out this year.

Good Day.
pikeville's coach and team are awesom.. Brandon Adkins is real dedicated and very determined to stay with Grimm this year.. his biggest problem is that last 400, hes got the endurance.. its the last kick that hurts him. But like i said Libby White is the best coach this side of KY. IMO. And with John Mims working with his sprints, he has a chance to catch Grimm.. I dont think he has to worry about Johnathon Bentley, if im not mistaken he beat Bentley in the majority of the races during XC.

As far as mid-distance goes. aaron stanley from P-ville. Theres a jenkins guy (Nate i believe).. that he might have troubles with in the 400 race but we'll see what happens.

What about the relays?
The Central boys, J. Bentley, P. Duty, and M. Kerr are all great runners
I think the runners in our area are getting less and less competitive. Last year, one guy named brett ratliff out ran everyone at every meet. This year if he ran, he wouldve out ran everyone too. But, i look to see brandon adkins from pville and chris grimm from jenkins. John Bentley and the pc crew should be good also.
adkins, bentley, and grimm will be fun to watch...i look for one to pull away at the end of the season to tak region... pikeville's 4X4 team is looking awesome with me, weston robinson, sam morando, and whoever steps up that will probably run in the 2 or 3 spot...as far as the 400 goes i got to get alot better to beat nate from jenkins and im not to optimistic..he was great last year as a junior and im sure hes liking his senior year. ive heard grimm might run this race as well so its gonna be really tough. i think we'll have a really competitive year in our area.
yea its gonna be tough. the mile, 400, 4X4, 4X8, but adkins has the 2 mile i believe. Were gonna have to see how prepared Jenkins is this year, but Pikeville should be ready to give Jenkins a run for their money. As far as Central goes there gonna have to trian hard to step up to Jenkins and Pikeville, in the relays and the individual races.
"PHS (cant catch us)" Wrote:pikeville's coach and team are awesom.. Brandon Adkins is real dedicated and very determined to stay with Grimm this year.. his biggest problem is that last 400, hes got the endurance.. its the last kick that hurts him. But like i said Libby White is the best coach this side of KY. IMO. And with John Mims working with his sprints, he has a chance to catch Grimm.. I dont think he has to worry about Johnathon Bentley, if im not mistaken he beat Bentley in the majority of the races during XC.

As far as mid-distance goes. aaron stanley from P-ville. Theres a jenkins guy (Nate i believe).. that he might have troubles with in the 400 race but we'll see what happens.

What about the relays?

Wait a minute, we don't want to forget about Calvin helping in the weight room.....
o yea! he knows what hes talkin about :? hahaha libby keeps Pikeville a perennial powerhouse in track...mims is a wonderful addition...
"Rondo'sTheMan" Wrote:o yea! he knows what hes talkin about :? hahaha libby keeps Pikeville a perennial powerhouse in track...mims is a wonderful addition...

Lets not forget John Kennon who has been coaching the mid-distance and doing a great job. Good guy who keeps the stress level down and is just a real cool guy. But he runs us hard...dont get me wrong.... haha
omg, from what ive heard john kennon is a damn moron...he does what libby tells em and the kids dont have to run if they dont want to...he doesnt motivate at all is what ive been hearing... mims and libby are very knowledgeable
"Rondo'sTheMan" Wrote:omg, from what ive heard john kennon is a moron...he does what libby tells em and the kids dont have to run if they dont want to...he doesnt motivate at all is what ive been hearing... mims and libby are very knowledgeable

Well Im there and your wrong. John does what John wants to do. He motivates but he doesnt do it like Mims. He doesnt yell and do stuff like that. He has more calm constructive sort of approach to motivating, which is exactly what I need as a very stubborn person.
youknowwhoibe, u know very well u dont have to run when u dont want to... i personally know john so i know im right...mims is the reason we had such a great run and won region overwhelmingly, he made u want to get better, listening to john makes me wanna go home.
go youknow!
"Rondo'sTheMan" Wrote:youknowwhoibe, u know very well u dont have to run when u dont want to... i personally know john so i know im right...mims is the reason we had such a great run and won region overwhelmingly, he made u want to get better, listening to john makes me wanna go home.

Good job of following the rule of not revealing someone's indentity. Im not sure but I think this might be bobblehead but I wont reveal names becuz ur not supposed to.

See were different in that aspect. Different people are motivated in different ways and different people. And lets leave it at that.
For the girls..we didnt have a lot of then last year that ran distance. Elizabeth Combs and Sarah Beth Dye ran 800's. Addy, Madison and Jordan Shull, were the only girls that i can remember that ran distance. All were great at it too. Madison Shull was the only girl from Pikeville to run at High School State(even though she was only a sixth grader) last year in the two mile.
madison is one of the best girl runners i have seen in a while. She has a huge amount of potential neing so young
if pikeville can get weston to run the middistance i think he would be great for it
heres a stat for u when the kid was in 8th grade at the county track meet he ran a 2:16 800 i dont care what u say that is movin and think what he could do now
This thread is going to be watched very closley.......And if you dont know the rules you need to go nack and reread them
Girls, im going to say the girl from valley, and kylie shmidt...very talented.
For the girls I'd also say that there is a girl from Shelby Valley who runs mid-distance that is pretty decent. Kylie Shmidt plays softball. I've never seen her run track before-but she'd be good if she did. Madison Shull from Pikeville is pretty impressive compared to most girls her age, she'll might do alright competing in high school. Courtney Moore from Wolfe County runs mid-distance and distance and will win every event she competes in-no one will even get close to her.
brandon adkins by far
kylie Smhidt ran XC this year doody. She got first most races.
I knew she ran cross country and did really well--but she's never ran track before and she's an awesome softball player so I just didn't think she'd be running track this year (at least full time).
Kylie does play softball..so its gonna be hard for her to actually run any meets--
Kylie can still make it to the 2 mile since it is the last race of the meets. And i have talked to her and mrs. white and it seems as though we will be seeing alot of her on the track hopefully