Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor League Baseball (Anyone else follow)
I am a huge fan of the minor league game.
I don't follow it much anymore. When I lived near Louisville, I used to go about 5-10 games a year to watch the Louisville Bats. Minor League game experience is so much better than a Major League game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I try to take in a few legends games every season, if not more. I keep a close eye on the Nats farm system as well.
NothingTrivial Wrote:I try to take in a few legends games every season, if not more. I keep a close eye on the Nats farm system as well.

Are the Legends still in the Astros' farm system? The last Legends gamr I went to was the game Roger Clemens picthed for Lexington.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yes, I go to Tennessee Smokies games all the time.
[Image:

]
Jarons Wrote:Are the Legends still in the Astros' farm system? The last Legends gamr I went to was the game Roger Clemens picthed for Lexington.

Beginning this year, I believe, they became an affiliate of the Royals' system.
Jarons Wrote:Are the Legends still in the Astros' farm system? The last Legends gamr I went to was the game Roger Clemens picthed for Lexington.
I think I needed to do a better job proofreading.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I follow minor league to a small extent. I watch the Louisville Bats and Lexington Legends, since they are the only somewhat proffesional organizations the state of Kentucky have. Plus tickets are cheap and the games are fun. And no, the Legends parted ways with the Astros organization. They are now affiliated with the Kansas City Royals.
From 2001-2006 I was a huge legends fan and I probably went to between 10-15 games a season. We even went to a few games for school field trips. I would get the team card set and try to get as many of them autographed each year. One year, I even got the SAL All-Star card set and got as many of them autographed as I could. I knew every players first and last name and I would follow them all after they advanced to higher level baseball. Always had fun going with friends and family but, I guess after I graduated from high school I didn't have as much free time and I haven't really payed much attention to them since.

The only minor league games that I have been to since then was the Myrtle Beach Pelicans. I went to 2 of their games last summer.

Every once in a while I will check the Reds minor league system to see how the different teams and players are doing but, that's about it these days.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I've watched the Hagerstown Suns when Bryce Harper was there in 2 games, 2 games of the Hickory Crawdads when Jurickson Profar was there (Ironically, they played Lexington and we watched @ Hickory) and the Charlotte Knights one game against the Braves AAA team.. which was awesome cause we saw Martin Prado on a rehab assignment as well as Dayen Viciedo, Tyler Flowers, Lastings Milledge, Alejandro De Aza, and Julio Teheran on the mound.