Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best 8 grade Qbs
NL's QB #28, yestereday in the JC game, showed up to play, he is as good on defense as he is offense. Broughton kid same thing, scored their TD on a great pass from the QB & was really good on defense. Sizemore, Rodreguez, Moore, Bowling #50 and some more kids they had the numbers wrong on, were all contributing forces in the game. Anxious for next season when these guys are freshmen now! Great season at NL middle school
8th this year, they kept their fans on their feet this year & we want MORE!! Good luck to all the teams continuing on in the state playoffs!
Langhi kid from Christian county has the potential to be GREAT
Wyatt Battle he's #11 and your right he is very good.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:How do you define best QB? Is it the one with the best passing yards, the mobile quarterback, the one with the right frame and arm strength? I like all the players you listed but can you explain why they are the best?

I prefer a strong mobile quarterback that is able to read a defense and knows when to run and when to launch it....any one seen one like that?
I like the qualities you list for a QB. One thing I believe is essential is they have to be very smart in understanding the offense. As they grow can they grasp the complexities and adjustments necessary to run some high school systems. One question we debate is would you rather have an athletic QB or a smart one who can read the defense and make quick adjustments/decisions.
I have seen Steve O Gound at Johnson County throw a ball 50 yards without taking a step into the throw. He had a great year passing, but didn't have to when you have Ty Allen, Blake Gamble and C Dorton to hand the ball too. He is the fastest kid on Johnson County's team, strong as a bull and if he was at passing school would be great. No matter who Johnson County played, he was the best QB on the field. But, the others had to deal with Johnson County's Defense, and no one had a great game vs them. Bit he has the best arm I have seen, better than his big brother's who is the starter at undefeated Johnson Central.
I didn't see all the championship games yet, but again, Wayne county quarterback lost to Belfry but I think threw for over 300 yards, on the season was picked off maybe twice and I have no idea how many touchdowns, at least 20 I'm sure, probably a lot more. When I saw him play us last year, him a 7th grader starting 8th grade and launching it 50 yards on the money, I knew he'd be a good one.
Stetson Simpson vs belfry

19-12-0

181yrds

1td

38long
cAMRON SIZEMORE WILLIAMSBURG WILL BE SUPER STAR
Noah Back from East Perry will be the Tom Brady of Middle school football next season.
smithboys Wrote:
Impressive athlete. Good runner. How old is he now and what league is he playing in?