Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds-Nationals = 8 Player TRADE!!
Reds get Majewski, Bray, Clayton, Harris, Thompson from Nationals
Send Kearns, Lopez, Wagner to Washington in eight-player deal

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/ml...p&c_id=cin

HUGE TRADE!!! Thoughts?

Looks as if the Reds are trying to get some good relief pitchers. The question comes, who will replace Kearns? Freel maybe?
Wow Kearns is a big loss for Cincy, but they already have good hitting, so this might be a good trade for them seeing they got some pitching out of it
Flippin rediculous. Lose Dunn or someone of that nature but keep Kearns. I was looking at some stats of the relief pitchers they got and it was horrible. Just as many walks as strikeouts. ERA around 4.00. And why not get rid of Coffey and Weathers. They were bigger flub ups than Wagner. But this is Reds baseball for ya.
FREAKIN" CRAZY! Same ole Reds!
My favorite players are Dunn and Kearns... so they better not trade Dunn too lol
Were the Reds trying to free up some money? Cincinnati's history shows that when a player starts wanting more money they will usually trade them instead of paying to keep them a Red.
Austin Kearns is at the top of his game. He'll never get any better than he is right now, but his arm in right field will be more missed than anything. He'll never hit .300 in a season and he's only hitting .267 for his career. Felipe Lopez was a great base-stealer, but a horrible SS, and now Juan Castro can play everyday with Clayton helping out on Castro's days off. Ryan Freel can feel in for Kearns, and a heck of a prospect of Louisville Chris Denorfia.

Freel says of the trade ""I personally love it," Reds utility player Ryan Freel said. "I'm not knocking Kearns and Lopez, but we all knew that most of the problem has been with the bullpen."

I'm slowly beginning to realize that some of you don't understand much about baseball. Majewski is actually a good relief pitcher. A 3.58 ERA from the MRP standpoint is not bad at all. If he hadn't gotten roughed up in his last appearance then his ERA would be tiny.

Not to mention that Ryan Wagner has been useless, and until he gets some control he always will be.

Bill Bray is only 23, much like Wagner and also has a decent ERA of 3.91 in his first year ever of pitching in the majors.

This move was great for the Reds, and I can't believe some of you are talking about how horrible this is.
I thought it was stupid, get rid of Dunn if anyone
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
GO YANKEES!!!
It was a good trade in that they had to have relief pitching. How many saves were blown by the bullpen? Give it a chance to see what they can do because they way it appeared the Reds were not going anywhere but on the way down.