Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats 16th going to look like next season
Heard Gordon was a big AAU guy. Really good with fundamentals. Assnt. at a high school in Ohio last year.Wish him luck at G.C.
Rumor is he is taking some of his aau coaches.
Steve Kuberski Wrote:Heard Gordon was a big AAU guy. Really good with fundamentals. Assnt. at a high school in Ohio last year.Wish him luck at G.C.

Actually he coached in GBA. Not in AAU.
ACTUALLY, he coached tha for first part of season then took another combined group to Louisville and played in 5 AAU tournaments.
Sorry meant gba
I've heard he's a good coach, good luck at Greenup Co.
Where is the rowan coach that won 3 or 4 region titles? he vanished. what happened or where is he?
I believe he was assistant coach with the BOYS at Lewis Co. last year.
Since team summer ball is about over, how does it stack up?
East Carter is definitely the favorite.
East Carter is the team to beat IMO. They played Ashland once over the summer and beat them soundly, I realize summer doesn't mean anything but they controlled the game from the opening tip.
They have the best players, one thru nine, in the region but that doesn't guarantee anything...
Big Ugly Wrote:East Carter is the team to beat IMO. They played Ashland once over the summer and beat them soundly, I realize summer doesn't mean anything but they controlled the game from the opening tip.
They have the best players, one thru nine, in the region but that doesn't guarantee anything...

I will agree with that, I saw most of their games this summer, (some people have to work in the summer!!) and they are much better than last year. They won the State High School AAU tournament at the KBA this summer also. If teams have all their players in the summer it can be a good preview of what they'll be like next season and the games I saw everyone had all their players. East has a chance to be very, very good. Ashland will still be good with Robinson, Boyd will still be good as will Lewis Co. Saw East play Bath Co., they have a chance to be pretty good also. Should be a fun year next year in the 16th!!
Anybody heard anything about Mark Cantrell helping at Raceland next year??
1. East
2. Ashland
3. Boyd
4. Lewis
5. Bath
6. Russell
7. Greenup
8. Fleming
9. Rowan
10. Raceland
The 16th will be as weak as it has ever been this year.
The top two or three could compete throughout the state for the most part , after that it drops off a bit it seems. East was the KBA tournament in June and beat Assumption twice , who will probably be a top 10 team . They have the 6'5" all-state center.
Ashland
Boyd County
East
Lewis
Russell
East
Boyd
Ashland
Lewis
Greenup
Russell
Bath looks to be competitive this year, with Price back and senior Shae Sparks, both look very promising and also have a lot of depth
Along with Bath Co, I see Raceland being a sleeper in the region, I believe they are overlooked and Sophomore Lacee Penix looks to have a big year
Lewis will be hard to beat this year
My predictions for each of the district winners will be:
64th- Ashland, Boyd Runner up
63rd- Lewis, Greenup Runner up
62nd- East, West Runner up
61st- Rowan, Bath Runner up

East Carter as Regional Champs in the end
who knows we will have to wait and see