Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubby Smith is done at Minnesota
Pathetic but probably true in many cases.
I didnt question Calipari's character. I admire his charitable work.
FBALL Wrote:Pathetic but probably true in many cases.

No, that is what people want to use to defend his short comings after his achievements early in his kentucky career. My English teacher stopped cheering for Kentucky after they fired tubby because he said they was racist. Which is absurd. He was there 10 years. Had not been to a final four since his first season. It was time to move on.

FBALL Wrote:I didnt question Calipari's character. I admire his charitable work.

You said something like, Its a good thing character doesnt mean anything to you.
^
First off. Tubby was not fired from UK and I sincerely doubt your English teacher said "they was racist".

Second. Calipari's character was not the one I questioned.
FBALL Wrote:^
First off. Tubby was not fired from UK and I sincerely doubt your English teacher said "they was racist".

Second. Calipari's character was not the one I questioned.

My English teacher believed with everything in him, even wrote letters to the AD department that Tubby Smith was fired because he was black.
And on that one I'm out.
Gotta love that race card.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Gotta love that race card.

can't leave home without it :Thumbs:
^
I love listening to Herman Cain while im at work in the mornings.
He calls em out every single time.
Hes a democrats worst nightmare, a black republican that goes off on other blacks for feeling sorry for themselves.
Its not what the dems imagined lol.
Tubby Smith is a wonderful human being, a great man, and a perfect ambassador for a university. However when it came down to it he had 9 years to win another title and could not do it. If nine years from now Calipari hasn't won another title the Tubby fans can talk. But until then you have no argument, especially if next year is another final four year.
Liking Tubby has nothing to do with Calipari.

I don't understand how it is you can't like both.
FBALL Wrote:Liking Tubby has nothing to do with Calipari.

I don't understand how it is you can't like both.

I like both but Cal wins period one bad year for cal does not make tubby a better coach.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I love listening to Herman Cain while im at work in the mornings.
He calls em out every single time.
Hes a democrats worst nightmare, a black republican that goes off on other blacks for feeling sorry for themselves.
Its not what the dems imagined lol.
I love Herman Cain. Side note.
^
I like his "pimp voice". Hes definitely got one of those famous sounds.

He cracks me up everyday.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Tubby Smith is a wonderful human being, a great man, and a perfect ambassador for a university. However when it came down to it he had 9 years to win another title and could not do it. If nine years from now Calipari hasn't won another title the Tubby fans can talk. But until then you have no argument, especially if next year is another final four year.

I couldnt agree more.
If Cal doesnt win another title in nine years, than you'll see me bashing him.

the NUMBER ONE thing that keeps me happy with Cal, and maybe i should have mentioned this before, is that he keeps us relevant every single year.
The NIT loss doesnt matter, just like i said, we simply reload every year.
He keeps the fans excited and hes the best marketing coach that ever lived.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I like both but Cal wins period one bad year for cal does not make tubby a better coach.

My God. Who said Tubby was a better coach?
^
About 10 different people that in this thread alone....
I like Tubby but I won't go that far.
I like Tubby more as a coach so what!

Tubby and Cal are in the same class, don't start acting like Cal is so much better that he's in Coach K's and Izzo's class.. Because he ain't!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IMO.. No order

Izzo
K
Boeheim

Class of their own..

Next you have..

Bo Ryan
Donovan
Cal
Tubby
Williams
Shelf
Barnes
Pitino
Steve Fisher (I like him)

Just on the outside but on the way up

Buzz Williams
Smart
Stevens
Sean Miller
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:IMO.. No order

Izzo
K
Boeheim

Class of their own..

Next you have..

Bo Ryan
Donovan
Cal
Tubby
Williams
Shelf
Barnes
Pitino
Steve Fisher (I like him)

Just on the outside but on the way up

Buzz Williams
Smart
Stevens
Sean Miller

Izzo over williams?
That's just IMO... I have been to coaching clinics with both Izzo and Williams... Tom Izzo is my fav coach to listen to... I'm just not a big fan of Roy Williams, I respect him and I know he's a ver good coach tho.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ the coach I almost didn't want to put on there was Bill Shelf, not a big fan of him as well but I like him more then I like Matta and Crean!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You might as well as Bernie Fine.

I could care less about coaches like Boeheim.
They are absoloutly useless. Hes got over 900 wins and almost all of them have been meaningless, how many championships does he have, one?
^ at first I didn't care much either but then I started studying his stuff and he gets players to buy into his system.. No many coaches could win that many games playing a 2-3 zone every game. Championships are hard to come by!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pitino is in top tier.
ekff Wrote:That's just IMO... I have been to coaching clinics with both Izzo and Williams... Tom Izzo is my fav coach to listen to... I'm just not a big fan of Roy Williams, I respect him and I know he's a ver good coach tho.

Ever been to a Bob Knight clinic? All of our Christian bob Knight fans would no longer be bob Knight fans lol. It would be a sin.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Ever been to a Bob Knight clinic? All of our Christian bob Knight fans would no longer be bob Knight fans lol. It would be a sin.

I don't like him simply because he is an asshole.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Ever been to a Bob Knight clinic? All of our Christian bob Knight fans would no longer be bob Knight fans lol. It would be a sin.

No I have not, but I would have loved too, wouldn't go now his age is getting to him, seems like he talked crazy talk now...

I love reading all Coach Knights stuff tho
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Where is the Rick Pitino forum at? At least I'd rather be chatting about a coach worth chatting about, especially if it is insisted that it was a former UK Coach.