•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby valley new coach?
ERblue4ever Wrote:Randy Casey from Belfry will be next coach at Shelby Valley. He stepped down at Belfry and he is looking to start a new chapter somewhere else and he would be a great fit.

Is anything official yet, they need to find someone soon to start summer ball.:eyeroll:
Hate to break it but Randy Casey will not be the coach at Valley.Valley is looking for a young coach that runs the ball,enough of this slow down stuff.
ERblue4ever Wrote:Randy Casey from Belfry will be next coach at Shelby Valley. He stepped down at Belfry and he is looking to start a new chapter somewhere else and he would be a great fit.
Casey took the Asst Coaching job @ UPike.
I hear they are courting SC's coach
He has not applied and even talked to anyone at Shelby Valley about their job and that came directly from a source very close to the situation. I keep hearing Mark Hatcher is interested.
Mark Hatcher from Logan?

He is not a teacher so that is a plus with the hiring freeze, but he will have to get a job at PMC.

Coach Smith has inquired through back channels, as he has for every job within a 100 mile radius, even some who have not fired coaches. Looking for a raise and a better job. Can't blame him.
Mr. Napier is having an open mind for this job, and I'm sure he will hire the best coach he can for the program.
Frankie Smith is the next Valley coach.
^Is this fact or just your opinion?
Fact
He is one of many being looked at.No,this is not a fact!Will know for sure in two weeks.
OldFan Wrote:He is one of many being looked at.No,this is not a fact!Will know for sure in two weeks.

Heard Napier met with the boys and told them they would have a new coach in two weeks. Also heard Chandler Rowe was left out of that meeting.
I know from a very reliable source close to the situation that Frankie Smith is VERY interested in the job, has been calling both Belfry and SV nonstop. He's a great guy and an even better coach
Heard today Saul Smith had shown some interest and may get an interview soon.
Big Don Wrote:Heard today Saul Smith had shown some interest and may get an interview soon.

Are they bring G.G to help him ? :biglmao:
The coach from Sheldon Clark has to be a good coach after losing Justin Johnson and still doing what he did with that team.Don't get me wrong, they were still good, but lose Johnson and still do as good as they did,That's just crazy.As for Napier calling a meeting with the boys,don't know,and I sure don't keep up with the Rowes.As long as Valley hires a coach Thats good to the boys and try's to build them up instead of putting them down all the time,this team will be fine.Get rid of the assistant Thats sits on the bench an talks about the kids just so his son can play,and get rid of the dad that films the games and coaches his on son and you will see a totally different team next season.Valley will be a tough team to deal with in the 15 th region next season with a whole new coaching staff.
NoJoke Wrote:Heard Napier met with the boys and told them they would have a new coach in two weeks. Also heard Chandler Rowe was left out of that meeting.

Why would they Leave Chandler out ? sound stupid
Maybe the Rowe kid is not going to play next season and just focus on another sport.I'm sure Greg Napier wouldn't have left him out of the meeting on purpose.
OldFan Wrote:Maybe the Rowe kid is not going to play next season and just focus on another sport.I'm sure Greg Napier wouldn't have left him out of the meeting on purpose.

Well whatever Chandler does is his right, but im sure if he wants to play basketball he will
I heard he was an outstanding football player.
OldFan Wrote:I heard he was an outstanding football player.

Yes he is very good running back
I've never gotten to watch him play, but alot of people has bragged on him to me on what a football player he is.
OldFan Wrote:I've never gotten to watch him play, but alot of people has bragged on him to me on what a football player he is.

If you remember Dusty Hall from 1999 year remind me of him. Valley has young football talent coming up in the ranks
Hope they do great!!! I've heard alot about him from different people.Best of luck on the upcoming year.
Is this job still open?
Dr. X Wrote:Is this job still open?

as far as I know they haven't hire no one yet
Still open but hearing from reliable sources that Frankie is the leading candidate.
I am very eager to see who they will hire for Shelby Valley.
So they will hire this coming week?
We all know its Frankie Smith, once his needs have been met, that is. Frankie is leaving Sheldon Clark because he can get more money here. What happens when he gets here and someone else offers him more money elsewhere. These suitcase coaches only take jobs where there is talent or they can put together talent so they can take credit for wins. Frankie will bring a player or two to an already talented valley team and probably win next season. A good year for valley fans. But what about the program in general. For that winning season he will get offers at the next school ready to upgrade and say goodbye. It really bothers me that with all of the basketball tradition we have here in the valley that first, we have to look outside of our community, second, we have to meet their demands, and lastly, we don't even consider people who would stay with our boys win or lose and regardless of compensation.

Greg Newsome literally dropped the ball on this past season. He can blame Doe Doe or the kids attitudes, but the bottom line he had talent. He just didn't know how to effectively use it, or motivate it. Anyone can win with these boys next year if they are willing to put in the work with them. And there is someone I know that is willing to do just that. He has had success at the middle school level and he done everything he could to keep them alive this season. Yeah maybe he did say somethings to some people but it was because he wanted these kids to win, not because he wanted to disloyal to coach Newsome.

So be careful parents because most of our team is made up of freshman and sophomores and three coaches and three years will destroy this program. And if you want to know if you want to find out if Frankie Smith who was only at Mingo for a day and SC for a season is a suitcase coach or not, see if he will sign a 3 year contract. If he does he has my blessing.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next