Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best sports day of the year?
I'm a bigger football fan than basketball but there is nothing else like the first two days of the NCAA tournament. To me nothing else come close but the Super Bowl.
I agree!
Next year I'm taking off work for it lol
Why limit it to just the first two days...how about four?

Agreed FBALL it's our nations largest tournament and will attract the largest number of non sports fans due to the excitement it creates. A lot of wings and beverages will be consumed between today and Sunday evening Confusednicker:.

Enjoy the games, enjoy good company, food/drink, and be safe!

GO CARDS...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
SUPERBOWL SUNDAY is the biggest sports day of the year...

But NCAA tiurnament First weekend is pretty good too...
i much rather watch the ncaa tournment than the superbowl...
^
Well your a cowboys fan, of course you would. Your teams never playing in it Confusednicker:
Spirit100 Wrote:Why limit it to just the first two days...how about four?

Agreed FBALL it's our nations largest tournament and will attract the largest number of non sports fans due to the excitement it creates. A lot of wings and beverages will be consumed between today and Sunday evening Confusednicker:.

Enjoy the games, enjoy good company, food/drink, and be safe!

GO CARDS...

St. Louis' mascot isn't a Cardinal. That's in MLB. St. Louis University's mascot is a Billiken.

Because I know you're not cheering for Louisville. Just wanted to correct ya. :Thumbs:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Well your a cowboys fan, of course you would. Your teams never playing in it Confusednicker:

But how many Super Bowls do the cowboys have?? Confusedhh: ohh yeah 5 and your ravens have only 2!! :biglmao:
Super Bowl by far the best!
I'll take a different route and say the first Friday night of the high school football regular season would be my favorite sports day, because it pretty much symbolizes football season being back. First 2 days of the NCAA tournament are pretty awesome though.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:St. Louis' mascot isn't a Cardinal. That's in MLB. St. Louis University's mascot is a Billiken.

Because I know you're not cheering for Louisville. Just wanted to correct ya. :Thumbs:

Sorry to disappoint in advance outdoorsman43, I very much much would like to see the Louisville Cardinals win the tourney. I support and wear UK colors, however, will not discriminate win it comes to cheering on a State of Kentucky University.

I've grown up around, and have family and friends who have attended UK, UofL, and UC. With the exception of head-to-head matchups, I support all three. My roots have always been grounded in UK blue soil. So as far as the tourney goes....GO CARDS! If NKU ever wins the Atlantic Sun..I'll root for them as well, same with WKU & EKU...

Need further proof, prior to selection Sunday I picked the Cards before the brackets were announced ( see top picks thread ). Don't go drinking any tiger blood on me...it's ok!

Enjoy the tourney and who do you like?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
panther nation Wrote:But how many Super Bowls do the cowboys have?? Confusedhh: ohh yeah 5 and your ravens have only 2!! :biglmao:

How many years has it been since the Cowboys have even been close to the Super Bowl? One playoff victory in 17 years. As long as Romo is the QB, it will be many more, he is the most overrated player in pro sports history.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Spirit100 Wrote:Sorry to disappoint in advance outdoorsman43, I very much much would like to see the Louisville Cardinals win the tourney. I support and wear UK colors, however, will not discriminate win it comes to cheering on a State of Kentucky University.

I've grown up around, and have family and friends who have attended UK, UofL, and UC. With the exception of head-to-head matchups, I support all three. My roots have always been grounded in UK blue soil. So as far as the tourney goes....GO CARDS! If NKU ever wins the Atlantic Sun..I'll root for them as well, same with WKU & EKU...

Need further proof, prior to selection Sunday I picked the Cards before the brackets were announced ( see top picks thread ). Don't go drinking any tiger blood on me...it's ok!

Ughh..I can't handle all of that. I just can't believe you're one of those "I root for the Ky. schools" guys. I thought you were better than that! :biggrin:

I like anyone but Louisville, Indiana, Duke, or Florida. Unfortunately, all have a shot at winning it this year. I have Indiana and Florida in my Final Four with IU eventually winning. It will be an awful scene if the Hoosiers go all the way. Seeing that idiot jerk Tom Crean with his big *%$ nose holding the gold makes me want to vomit right now just thinking about it.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Ughh..I can't handle all of that. I just can't believe you're one of those "I root for the Ky. schools" guys. I thought you were better than that! :biggrin:

I like anyone but Louisville, Indiana, Duke, or Florida. Unfortunately, all have a shot at winning it this year. I have Indiana and Florida in my Final Four with IU eventually winning. It will be an awful scene if the Hoosiers go all the way. Seeing that idiot jerk Tom Crean with his big *%$ nose holding the gold makes me want to vomit right now just thinking about it.

Atleast I keep my rooting in state. So if IU wins it, will Tom thank the Michigan assistant coach for the necessary motivation Confusednicker:? It would be comparable to a Bob Knight throw chairing ejection honor.

Better IU than a Duke if it happens. Have fun and enjoy...don't catch the clap this weekend Charlie-Outdoorsman!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:Atleast I keep my rooting in state. So if IU wins it, will Tom thank the Michigan assistant coach for the necessary motivation Confusednicker:? It would be comparable to a Bob Knight throw chairing ejection honor.

Better IU than a Duke if it happens. Have fun and enjoy...don't catch the clap this weekend Charlie-Outdoorsman!

It wouldn't be better to me. I can't stand those stupid clown-style warmups and their embarrassing attempt to keep things "old school". I could go on and on.

I guess it doesn't matter if IU wins or not, Tom will cut the nets down again anyway. :biggrin:

And I don't consider UofL "in-state". :Clap:
Greatest sports time of the year.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
panther nation Wrote:But how many Super Bowls do the cowboys have?? Confusedhh: ohh yeah 5 and your ravens have only 2!! :biglmao:

Oh and how long have the Cowboys been around? 60 years?

Ravens were in there 15th year.

There on pace to have much more....
Jarons Wrote:How many years has it been since the Cowboys have even been close to the Super Bowl? One playoff victory in 17 years. As long as Romo is the QB, it will be many more, he is the most overrated player in pro sports history.

I know i give you Steelers fans hell, especially over fat ben, but there has never been a more overpaid, overhyped, overrated QB in the NFL than Tony Romo.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I know i give you Steelers fans hell, especially over fat ben, but there has never been a more overpaid, overhyped, overrated QB in the NFL than Tony Romo.

As a diehard Cowboys fan, I agree 100%. Jerry Jones is acting like Al Davis did in his later years and Tony Romo is an absolute curse, until Dallas gets rid of both we never will win another super bowl.
^
It blows my mind that Jones keeps him every year.

They could afford a top 5 QB.
^ I've stopped trying to figure out why JJ does what he does. Firing Rob Ryan was an awful move, then shifting the play calling away from Garrett? (most of the reason Garrett got the head coach job), then his usual insistence that Tony Romo is a viable starting NFL quarterback? :igiveup:
geauxtigers75 Wrote:As a diehard Cowboys fan, I agree 100%. Jerry Jones is acting like Al Davis did in his later years and Tony Romo is an absolute curse, until Dallas gets rid of both we never will win another super bowl.

I hope both Romo and Jones stay in Dallas. I love having good laugh every December when they find a way to choke.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The only way Dallas will ever get back to the Super Bowl will be when Jerry Jones hires a real GM and not himself. I agree he is acting just like Al Davis did and it didn't help him either. So untill Jones gets a GM Dallas will never be any better than a one playoff game team...
Your only difference was Al didnt have the money to work with or he might have succeeeded. Jones has it and doesnt.

If im not mistaken, the Raiders are worth the least amount of money in the league while the Cowboys are worth the most.
Spirit100 Wrote:Sorry to disappoint in advance outdoorsman43, I very much much would like to see the Louisville Cardinals win the tourney. I support and wear UK colors, however, will not discriminate win it comes to cheering on a State of Kentucky University.

I used to feel like this about UL. But the internet ruined it for me. It's like reading youtube comments. It will ruin a good video. I had the audacity to read a forum that was full of UL fans.. Needless to say I'm not going back.

So in summary, Yes I base which teams I hate according to their fans.. lol :truestory:
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If im not mistaken, the Raiders are worth the least amount of money in the league while the Cowboys are worth the most.

Actually I believe that the redskins are considered to worth more than any other NFL team.. Hard to believe isn't it.
^
I think i saw that on ESPN as well.
Forgot about it.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I used to feel like this about UL. But the internet ruined it for me. It's like reading youtube comments. It will ruin a good video. I had the audacity to read a forum that was full of UL fans.. Needless to say I'm not going back.

So in summary, Yes I base which teams I hate according to their fans.. lol :truestory:

CTD...you and the Youtube comments have made me laugh out loud twice in the past week. I never have read the comments beyond the first few opinions because the content of what I've copied and pasted is the focus, not everyone's angle on it.

Establish boundaries and don't let the turkeys get you down. And thanks for the laughs this week. Believe it or not there are great Americans throughout the state, even on the borders you comfy rebel centralist you Confusednicker:

Once again, note to self - Don't read the Utube comments...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I'll go with the Super Bowl as the most celebrated/maybe best sports day of the year. Heck, it's an unofficial national holiday.

But for the best sports weekend of the year, it has to be the first weekend of the NCAA tournament. Non stop action for about 12 hours a day for four days straight. Hard to top.

IMO final four Saturday of the NCAA tournament is just behind the Super Bowl for a single day spectacle. Tons of hype and excitement. Games aren't always great though. But, then the Super Bowl has had some clunkers