Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kerry Wood and Mark Prior! What a WASTE!!!
Two guys who were supposed to be the chosen ones. But, have been nothing but a BIG disappointment! Why not release them? They are just a waste and useless. Just want to hear your comments on these losers!!:lame:
Big waste of money. The Cubs should trade them now!
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Not going to be able to trade Woods since he's now out for the season.

The Cubs burnt them out.
Yes, these guys were supposed to be some of the best to pitch in the game. The Cubs sure could've used them this year. If they performed up to their capabilities.
nobody will take a chance at these 2!
Yeah Wood is probably done, but you guys are jumping the gun way too early on Mark Prior. He's still extremely young, and has actually shown some good stuff in his last couple of starts. Still lots of ball to be played by Prior
They are definately not helping the cubs and haven't in a while I think it's time to make a move.
alfus21 Wrote:Yeah Wood is probably done, but you guys are jumping the gun way too early on Mark Prior. He's still extremely young, and has actually shown some good stuff in his last couple of starts. Still lots of ball to be played by Prior

Prior has 1 Shut out in 5 seasons and Wood has 5 in 8 Seasons. Wood makes $12 Mil a year and Prior makes $3.65 Mil a year. Prior has 41 wins in 5 seasons (8 per year) and Wood has 71 in 8 Seasons (8.8 per). Each last three has been horrific. Heck they have hardly even played. The Cubs need to do something besides just sitting on these guys. It just seems that they are always tweeking something. If I'm the Cubs GM I'm tweeking my pitching staff.
alfus21 Wrote:Yeah Wood is probably done, but you guys are jumping the gun way too early on Mark Prior. He's still extremely young, and has actually shown some good stuff in his last couple of starts. Still lots of ball to be played by Prior
He sure has!!! What is he 0-4 with a 7.71 E.R.A? He has thrown 21 innings, gave up 27 hits, 20 runs, 5 homers and only has 22 strikouts. So he has amost given up more runs than he has strikeouts! There is stats for ya, don't know what games you have been watching. In his last 2 starts he gave up 5 runs in 5 innings and in his last, he gave up 4 runs in 6. Doesn't look like good stuff IMO!
They havent turned out like the Cubs have wanted them too.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:He sure has!!! What is he 0-4 with a 7.71 E.R.A? He has thrown 21 innings, gave up 27 hits, 20 runs, 5 homers and only has 22 strikouts. So he has amost given up more runs than he has strikeouts! There is stats for ya, don't know what games you have been watching. In his last 2 starts he gave up 5 runs in 5 innings and in his last, he gave up 4 runs in 6. Doesn't look like good stuff IMO!

Prior is also just 25 years old, and has at least a good 8 years left in him. Ridiculous to jump all over a guy for being injured and call him a complete waste. Yes those are his stats, but in his last start he gave up only 3 ER, and has struck out 16 in 11.2 Innings of work. The guy has had a ton of time off, and just getting back in his groove. The strikeouts are a good sign that he still has good stuff.

Depsite his horrific start to this season, his career ERA is still just 3.39 with 741 K's in in 634 Innings of work.

The bottom line here is, he's just 25. I won't stand up for Kerry Wood as much because his injuries are much more serious, where as Prior's should be easier to recover from.

Another bottom line is that the cubs couldn't win even if these guys were pitching well. News flash here guys. They aren't any good. They can't score runs, and they're only batting .265 as a team. Not many people would win with this team.
Ridge Runner Wrote:Prior has 1 Shut out in 5 seasons and Wood has 5 in 8 Seasons. Wood makes $12 Mil a year and Prior makes $3.65 Mil a year. Prior has 41 wins in 5 seasons (8 per year) and Wood has 71 in 8 Seasons (8.8 per). Each last three has been horrific. Heck they have hardly even played. The Cubs need to do something besides just sitting on these guys. It just seems that they are always tweeking something. If I'm the Cubs GM I'm tweeking my pitching staff.

See my above post. The Cubs GM needs to do a lot more than just get pitching.
alfus21 Wrote:See my above post. The Cubs GM needs to do a lot more than just get pitching.

I will agree with ya on that one. The do need to tweek more than just their pitching. The took a BIG hit when Lee went down. Yeah Prior is still young. But, my god how long do sit on a guy while he is heeling? I mean at this rate he may have 30 more starts by the time he is 30. Not that I like the Braves. BUT, maybe they need to trade him there like they did Maddox. Look what it did for him. LOL!!
Ridge Runner Wrote:I will agree with ya on that one. The do need to tweek more than just their pitching. The took a BIG hit when Lee went down. Yeah Prior is still young. But, my god how long do sit on a guy while he is heeling? I mean at this rate he may have 30 more starts by the time he is 30. Not that I like the Braves. BUT, maybe they need to trade him there like they did Maddox. Look what it did for him. LOL!!

Yeah the offense is awful, but there is no need in rushing back Prior or Wood this season when they are already 100% out of the race. They could probably have thrown Prior most of the season, but they were out of the race before they even got started.
And do you know why they are already out of it ONCE AGAIN..BECAUSE of 2 PITCHERS..WOOD AND PRIOR! You can't depend on them..NEVER!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:And do you know why they are already out of it ONCE AGAIN..BECAUSE of 2 PITCHERS..WOOD AND PRIOR! You can't depend on them..NEVER!

Yeah I'm sure they'd still be competing with a .265 average, and with Derrick Lee out as much as he was. Not to mention that Aramis Ramirez has done absolutely nothing this year. A lot more factors go into it than Wood and Prior buddy. There's no way around that.
Well, Guys. Guess who went on the DL today? Yep! That's right MR. MARK PRIOR! I know that just pitching isn't the Cubs problems. BUT, this drives me nuts! They are the Grant Hills of the MLB!
They're out of the race now, so why would you rush them back? Prior could pitch right now, but why even bother when your team can't score runs..Bottom line is the Cubs are awful all over. So there's no need to rush them back into the rotation, but to have them ready for next year, then maybe Ramirez, Pierre, and Lee will be ready to do something.
There is one thing about baseball and that is: the more you play the better you get. I am sorry but they aren't trying to rush him back. They are just trying to get him back. Every time they think they are ready to bring him back, he ends up hurt again. Wether you are out of the race or not you still want you guys to throw or play. It just seems that he just gets hurt from throwing in the bullpen. You can only wait so long on a guy.
Ridge Runner Wrote:There is one thing about baseball and that is: the more you play the better you get. I am sorry but they aren't trying to rush him back. They are just trying to get him back. Every time they think they are ready to bring him back, he ends up hurt again. Wether you are out of the race or not you still want you guys to throw or play. It just seems that he just gets hurt from throwing in the bullpen. You can only wait so long on a guy.

It's not like these guys are just laying around home. They both go through extensive rehab programs in which they are getting proper excercise and still throwing without straining. Another thing about baseball is, don't put strain on young arms when it's not needed. Prior made several rehab starts in the minors before coming back up to MLB. And yes when you are out of the race you don't risk young arms to more injury, and anybody with common sense knows that.
the cubs should have traded these guys before all this. i would have gotten rid of both for 2 pitchers who can actualy pitch and play and not sit out everyear. by now i would have traded to the reds or marlins or someone. if i was the cubs i would love to have a brandon clausen, paul wilson, or a livan hernandez someone who can actuly pitch and plus win 13-16 games a year
windmill Wrote:the cubs should have traded these guys before all this. i would have gotten rid of both for 2 pitchers who can actualy pitch and play and not sit out everyear. by now i would have traded to the reds or marlins or someone. if i was the cubs i would love to have a brandon clausen, paul wilson, or a livan hernandez someone who can actuly pitch and plus win 13-16 games a year

Congrats. You are without a doubt the most unknowledgable baseball fan in America.

I really hope and pray for your sake that you were joking around naming those pitchers.

Brandon Claussen's best year was last year at 10-11 with a 4.21 ERA. He is on the DL now with an ERA over 6! Why even name him? He's a nobody.

Paul Wilson? Smile He's not even touched a baseball all season long, and his best season in 10 years was an amazing 11-6 record with a ERA way over 4.

And Livan Hernandez is actually not a horrible pitcher, but he is old and streaky. His ERA is 5.94 this season and he has lost at least 10 games the last 6 seasons coming into this one, and he will lose 10 again.

I think you were joking, but just in case I had to get that off my chest. I mean really. WOW
alfus21 Wrote:It's not like these guys are just laying around home. They both go through extensive rehab programs in which they are getting proper excercise and still throwing without straining. Another thing about baseball is, don't put strain on young arms when it's not needed. Prior made several rehab starts in the minors before coming back up to MLB. And yes when you are out of the race you don't risk young arms to more injury, and anybody with common sense knows that.

Anybody with common sense would know that these guys are nothing but injury prone. Yeah. They rehab and take their time coming back each year and it is the same ole thing. As soon as they get back they get hurt. I am sorry but these guys have done nothing for the last three years except rehab and suck up salary money. If these guys weren't on the Cubs roster they would be able to get someone who could throw at least 20 games a year or they could find someone who could hit the ball. But they have been nothing but a burden to the Cubs for the past 3 or 4 years. God knows I wish they would get healthy and stay healthy because deep down I am a Cubs fan and would love to see them in the Series (UNLESS THE REDS ARE THERE). But there comes a time when you have to say enough is a enough. Like I refered to Grant Hill earlier. HURT HURT HURT. Yes the guy had a ton of talent. But, he was always hurt and hurt every team he was on. And yes yes when he got hurt he was still young and now look at him.:Shaking:
Ridge Runner Wrote:I am a Cubs fan and would love to see them in the Series:

Enough said
Yeah, you and every other 100 year old fan! DREAM ON!
alfus21 Wrote:Enough said

If you are going to quote someone, quote the whole thing not just a portion. This is what was really said " God knows I wish they would get healthy and stay healthy because deep down I am a Cubs fan and would love to see them in the Series (UNLESS THE REDS ARE THERE)."
Why can't you jsut admit that these guys have been worthless the last three years. I know what you are saying about tking their time about coming back healthy. BUT, every time, they take their time, they come back and hurt something else.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Yeah, you and every other 100 year old fan! DREAM ON!

LOL! Hey, I have got to see the Red & White Sox win one. So I wouldn't mind seeing the Cubs win one. A few years ago I would have been saying the same thing about the Sox teams also "DREAM ON!" LOL!
The Cubs might as well hold on to them, they won't win either way
Prior pitches 5.2 Innings today giving up 0 hits, but walking 5. Once he gets his control back he will be the dominant pitcher he is supposed to be. Keep in mind he did that to the Mets
alfus21 Wrote:Prior pitches 5.2 Innings today giving up 0 hits, but walking 5. Once he gets his control back he will be the dominant pitcher he is supposed to be. Keep in mind he did that to the Mets

OK! Tonight 5 innings, walked a bunch more and gave up 6 runs. KEEP IN MIND HE DID THAT TO THE D-BACKS! LOL!!!:lmao: