• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The American public the most gullible of all time?
HARRY REID: "As I indicated, it was quite a big explosion. We'll follow this news very closely. I will do whatever I can going forward to support the United States military and the families of the fallen Marines.

Mr. President, it's very important we continue training our military, so important. But one of the things in sequester is we cut back in training and maintenance. That's the way sequester was written"
LINK --- http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2...evada.html

Just to hit a few high spots, supposedly due solely to the sequester so far, we've seen the furloughs of over 60,000 border agents, the release of thousands of illegals out on to the streets, aircraft carriers idled for lack of fuel, the cancelation of White House tours, the future of the annual Easter egg hunt on the White House south lawn hangs in jeopardy, and now Harry Reid tried to blame the deaths of 7 Marines on the sequester in a speech from the well of the Senate. (His spokesman later tried to take the allegation back FWIW) So, what say you?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Absolutely the American public is the most gullible of all-time. This past election shows it all. It's more about who is "cool" rather than who is competent. People would rather see a celebrity in office than someone who knows what they are doing.

We are in deep trouble as a nation. Read about the wicked people in the Old Testament and their actions, and one will see that they resemble the actions of a lot of the American people today. If one doesn't immediately pick up on the decline of our society from our embracing of abortions and gay rights, all it takes is reading the distasteful comments on a YouTube video or a news article to show just how far our society has declined.
Darn shame about that Easter Egg Hunt...ya think Harry will pay for it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
TheRealThing Wrote:HARRY REID: "As I indicated, it was quite a big explosion. We'll follow this news very closely. I will do whatever I can going forward to support the United States military and the families of the fallen Marines.

Mr. President, it's very important we continue training our military, so important. But one of the things in sequester is we cut back in training and maintenance. That's the way sequester was written"
LINK --- http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2...evada.html

Just to hit a few high spots, supposedly due solely to the sequester so far, we've seen the furloughs of over 60,000 border agents, the release of thousands of illegals out on to the streets, aircraft carriers idled for lack of fuel, the cancelation of White House tours, the future of the annual Easter egg hunt on the White House south lawn hangs in jeopardy, and now Harry Reid tried to blame the deaths of 7 Marines on the sequester in a speech from the well of the Senate. (His spokesman later tried to take the allegation back FWIW) So, what say you?
Your guys said they wanted the sequester to go through.
^ Our guys are ready to repeal the sequester, are your guys?
Spirit100 Wrote:Darn shame about that Easter Egg Hunt...ya think Harry will pay for it?

:thatsfunn da you're guys are the ones too worryed about gay marriage right now 2 tackle the sequester
TheRealVille Wrote:^ Our guys are ready to repeal the sequester, are your guys?

Your guys? The dems didn't want to make any spending cuts so they didn't. That has been the case for the last several years and is the primary source of contention between the House and the Senate. Fiscal conservatives say we will be facing bankruptcy at some point in the relatively near future. Keynesian bedazzled dems say we can spend and borrow as much as we want without fear of going bankrupt.

This administration dreamed up the sequester as a way to paint the fiscally conservative thinking republicans into a political corner. Though the White House rightly assumed the entitlement rationale would carry them through in the last presidential election, they overplayed their hand with regard to spending cuts. Everybody that works, whether good at managing money or bad, understands the need to budget. So, politicizing the sequester has proved much more difficult than Obama and the liberal think tankers thought. The envisioned throngs of concerned citizens demanding republicans cooperate, by raising or eliminating the debt ceiling altogether didn't materialize. The whole idea was meant to force republicans to kneel and kiss Obama's ring, having been vanquished yet again by propaganda and distortions.

It didn't quite work out that way however. Republicans have finally found themselves again and their resistance in this matter has served them well. Your guys are too lazy to do their job, part of which is to manage our tax dollars well by eliminating waste, fraud and corrupt spending habits. Lawmakers have become so used to negotiating with a fist full of tax dollars abroad and at home, that's all they want to do. John Kerry appears to be very good at it, LOL. When the treasury gets low they merely use their legislative stick to hit the cash cow piñata for more money. The 2014 Mid-Terms could mean the end of the nightmare, now that republicans seem to have gotten a handle on things again.

On a side note, if your big 'guy' Oblame-a, was to cancel one of his multimillion dollar golfing weekends, thusly saving the $180,000 dollars an hour it takes to fly Air Force One around like some kind of an international playboy or something (thanks to the History Channel everybody knows his true alter ego) maybe we could go ahead and ink in plans for the Easter Egg Roll. Or maybe even fuel up an aircraft carrier or two. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Your guys? The dems didn't want to make any spending cuts so they didn't. That has been the case for the last several years and is the primary source of contention between the House and the Senate. Fiscal conservatives say we will be facing bankruptcy at some point in the relatively near future. Keynesian bedazzled dems say we can spend and borrow as much as we want without fear of going bankrupt.

This administration dreamed up the sequester as a way to paint the fiscally conservative thinking republicans into a political corner. Though the White House rightly assumed the entitlement rationale would carry them through in the last presidential election, they overplayed their hand with regard to spending cuts. Everybody that works, whether good at managing money or bad, understands the need to budget. So, politicizing the sequester has proved much more difficult than Obama and the liberal think tankers thought. The envisioned throngs of concerned citizens demanding republicans cooperate, by raising or eliminating the debt ceiling altogether didn't materialize. The whole idea was meant to force republicans to kneel and kiss Obama's ring, having been vanquished yet again by propaganda and distortions.

It didn't quite work out that way however. Republicans have finally found themselves again and their resistance in this matter has served them well. Your guys are too lazy to do their job, part of which is to manage our tax dollars well by eliminating waste, fraud and corrupt spending habits. Lawmakers have become so used to negotiating with a fist full of tax dollars abroad and at home, that's all they want to do. John Kerry appears to be very good at it, LOL. When the treasury gets low they merely use their legislative stick to hit the cash cow piñata for more money. The 2014 Mid-Terms could mean the end of the nightmare, now that republicans seem to have gotten a handle on things again.

On a side note, if your big 'guy' Oblame-a, was to cancel one of his multimillion dollar golfing weekends, thusly saving the $180,000 dollars an hour it takes to fly Air Force One around like some kind of an international playboy or something (thanks to the History Channel everybody knows his true alter ego) maybe we could go ahead and ink in plans for the Easter Egg Roll. Or maybe even fuel up an aircraft carrier or two. :Thumbs:
I guess your standard news corps isn't showing the footage of all the republicans saying they like that the sequester has gone through. Thus, the republicans are happy about it. Blame them if you want to blame. I can't wait until 2014, to see how things go down. :biggrin:
TheRealVille Wrote:I guess your standard news corps isn't showing the footage of all the republicans saying they like that the sequester has gone through. Thus, the republicans are happy about it. Blame them if you want to blame. I can't wait until 2014, to see how things go down. :biggrin:

Wow. Getting a liberal democrat or a liberal democratic supporter to take ownership of a particular idea is next to impossible. When did I ever give the impression I was displeased with the sequester? I do think it's inevitable implementation was due to the naivety and simple mindedness of legislators like Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and their daddy, Barack Obama. It reminds me of the story about a couple of moonshiners who lacked the nerve to drink some of their own brew. To get past the problem, one of them pulled out a gun and ordered the other to take a big swig. He then handed the gun to his buddy and said, "here, now you hold the gun on me while I take a drink."

My problem is that where you have dealings with this administration, you will have the shenanigans that go along with it. Fast and Furious investigators got stone walled. Benghazi investigators got stone walled. EPA investigators got stone walled. Harry Reid got up on the floor of the US Senate and flat out lied about Mitt Romney, in election terms, mere minutes before the actual voting started, thereby denying time for Romney to respond. Reid issued the incredibly shameless slander in a statement before the Senate that Romney hadn't paid any income taxes for 10 years. (there are presently 105 thousand legislators and government employees who don't pay their taxes he could have gone after including Eric Holder and Timothy Geithner) Now as I have called out in the post you quoted, we see the White House and accomplices like Reid making all manner of false statements such as the one in which Reid blamed the deaths of 7 marines on the lack of federal funds to adequately train our military due to the sequester. Along with actions such as the coordinated furloughs of 60,000 border agents and the release of over 2,000 criminals who are in this country illegally in the first place.

IMO, one would have to have the mind of a mushroom to believe the machinations and blather emanating out of this white house is beyond their control. The sequester deadline was March 1st. We're supposed to believe between March 1st and March 19th training fell off the chart? Your reluctance to see or admit the obvious makes you look like the Alan Colmes of Johnson County.

I too look forward to 2014. I'm anxious to see if any democrat supporters wake up or not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Why doesnt the dems just agree to cut spending?
Cut entitlements, and things that do no effect jobs?

Because thats not who votes for them.
TheRealThing Wrote:Your guys? The dems didn't want to make any spending cuts so they didn't. That has been the case for the last several years and is the primary source of contention between the House and the Senate. Fiscal conservatives say we will be facing bankruptcy at some point in the relatively near future. Keynesian bedazzled dems say we can spend and borrow as much as we want without fear of going bankrupt.

http://theweek.com/bullpen/column/235844...rack-obama
WideMiddle03 Wrote::thatsfunn da you're guys are the ones too worryed about gay marriage right now 2 tackle the sequester

Confusednicker: A guy talking about guys, gay marriage, using the call name wide middle. Don't bring me into your broke back thread concept.

I simply commented on an Easter Egg Hunt being facetious!

Just in case....LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS!

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/facetious
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
vector Wrote:http://theweek.com/bullpen/column/235844...rack-obama

The president himself says that things are so bad because of the automatic cuts set in motion by the sequester that; we must empty the jails, lay off border control agents, teachers, first responders of all kinds, white house and congressional janitors, air traffic controllers, Department of Forestry employees, TSA agents, aircraft carriers will lay idle over a lack of fuel, White House tours are cancelled for the foreseeable future, and the egg roll is questionable.

Harry Reid says the 7 marines lost their lives due to a sequester induced lack of funding to adequately train them. We know all this to be just a baloneyous assault on our intelligence. None the less, it still costs $180 thousand dollars an hour to fly Air Force One somewhere, so that our president can golf on a course that in all likelihood has a veritable legion of CIA and Secret Service operatives deployed and on one that for security concerns no one else will be allowed to go within miles of, while he golfs. All of this on the backs of the already tax weary, taxpayers.

To my knowledge, none of the other presidents mentioned in your article presided over a 17 Trillion dollar deficit, or had the gall to manipulate Congress to avoid the constraints of a federal budget for an entire 4 year term. So, if things are bad enough to close down the white house to school kids for their one and only chance to see it, he can darn well play somewhere around the DC area and save the 2 million in jet fuel and CIA/Secret Service costs for a yet another golf outing deployment.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:The president himself says that things are so bad because of the automatic cuts set in motion by the sequester that; we must empty the jails, lay off border control agents, teachers, first responders of all kinds, white house and congressional janitors, air traffic controllers, Department of Forestry employees, TSA agents, aircraft carriers will lay idle over a lack of fuel, White House tours are cancelled for the foreseeable future, and the egg roll is questionable.

Harry Reid says the 7 marines lost their lives due to a sequester induced lack of funding to adequately train them. We know all this to be just a baloneyous assault on our intelligence. None the less, it still costs $180 thousand dollars an hour to fly Air Force One somewhere, so that our president can golf on a course that in all likelihood has a veritable legion of CIA and Secret Service operatives deployed and on one that for security concerns no one else will be allowed to go within miles of, while he golfs. All of this on the backs of the already tax weary, taxpayers.

To my knowledge, none of the other presidents mentioned in your article presided over a 17 Trillion dollar deficit, or had the gall to manipulate Congress to avoid the constraints of a federal budget for an entire 4 year term. So, if things are bad enough to close down the white house to school kids for their one and only chance to see it, he can darn well play somewhere around the DC area and save the 2 million in jet fuel and CIA/Secret Service costs for a yet another golf outing deployment.

your man said they were WMDS wasted trillons of $ and still counting
vector Wrote:your man said they were WMDS wasted trillons of $ and still counting

The contribution to any debate you get into is questionable. I picked off your act a long time ago during your discussion with Seger. I know you're not quite as dumb as you seem and that your communication skills are far more substantial than you let on.

An act that is entirely apt when one considers the whole picture. Smoke and mirrors, deception and gall, distortions and lies, that's what democrats are all about. So, it's only logical to assume as a supporter, you would try to take on a similar persona to post under. And yet, even fake posts can sometimes serve a purpose. Some people really can't distinguish between truth and lies. And some just prefer lies over the truth because they are filled with such contempt, they choose the lie because that is the way they wish things to be. God mentioned a time when men would prefer lies over the truth.
2Thessalonians 2:11,12 (KJV)

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

You can go on all you want about the WMD's. I've heard General after General and all manner of folks in the armed services talk about the War in Iraq and the intel associated with the invasion. In my experience there are those who think for themselves and those who parrot party banter. (Or in your case party talking points) Just one terror attack cost this country over 3 trillion in real loss. Not counting the spin off downturns in travel and other forms of commerce, and not to mention the intangible consumer confidence index.
As I mentioned, we fought these animals in their own backyard, instead of on our elementary school playgrounds. If Obama can take credit for saving us from another depression from out of the blue, George W can certainly take credit for averting any number of 9/11's due to his completely justifiable strategy in Iraq. Like I've said over and over. A hundred thousand dead Kurds definitely believe Saddam had WMD's.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:The contribution to any debate you get into is questionable. I picked off your act a long time ago during your discussion with Seger. I know you're not quite as dumb as you seem and that your communication skills are far more substantial than you let on.

An act that is entirely apt when one considers the whole picture. Smoke and mirrors, deception and gall, distortions and lies, that's what democrats are all about. So, it's only logical to assume as a supporter, you would try to take on a similar persona to post under. And yet, even fake posts can sometimes serve a purpose. Some people really can't distinguish between truth and lies. And some just prefer lies over the truth because they are filled with such contempt, they choose the lie because that is the way they wish things to be. God mentioned a time when men would prefer lies over the truth.
2Thessalonians 2:11,12 (KJV)
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

You can go on all you want about the WMD's. I've heard General after General and all manner of folks in the armed services talk about the War in Iraq and the intel associated with the invasion. In my experience there are those who think for themselves and those who parrot party banter. (Or in your case party talking points) Just one terror attack cost this country over 3 trillion in real loss. Not counting the spin off downturns in travel and other forms of commerce, and not to mention the intangible consumer confidence index.
As I mentioned, we fought these animals in their own backyard, instead of on our elementary school playgrounds. If Obama can take credit for saving us from another depression from out of the blue, George W can certainly take credit for averting any number of 9/11's due to his completely justifiable strategy in Iraq. Like I've said over and over. A hundred thousand dead Kurds definitely believe Saddam had WMD's.

we invaded Iraq march 2003 not in 1992
vector Wrote:we invaded Iraq march 2003 not in 1992

I picked off your act a long time ago during your discussion with Seger.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:The president himself says that things are so bad because of the automatic cuts set in motion by the sequester that; we must empty the jails, lay off border control agents, teachers, first responders of all kinds, white house and congressional janitors, air traffic controllers, Department of Forestry employees, TSA agents, aircraft carriers will lay idle over a lack of fuel, White House tours are cancelled for the foreseeable future, and the egg roll is questionable.

To my knowledge, none of the other presidents mentioned in your article presided over a 17 [B]Trillion dollar deficit[/B], or had the gall to manipulate Congress to avoid the constraints of a federal budget for an entire 4 year term. So, if things are bad enough to close down the white house to school kids for their one and only chance to see it, he can darn well play somewhere around the DC area and save the 2 million in jet fuel and CIA/Secret Service costs for a yet another golf outing deployment.
Somebody had to pick up the tab for Bush's war machine, and running of our country into the ground. Look up how much the wars, and dead economy have cost us.
TheRealVille Wrote:Somebody had to pick up the tab for Bush's war machine, and running of our country into the ground. Look up how much the wars, and dead economy have cost us.
To be clear, I was 100% in favor of going to Afghanistan. It was Iraq I didn't like. But, at any rate wars are costly, and have added to the deficit in a big way. I read that the cost of the Iraq war could range in the 6 trillion range. Then you have Afghanistan and Pakistan.
Obama says that the deficit is not an immediate concern. His followers should not worry and be happy.
Didn't the author of that song "Don't Worry, Be Happy" commit suicide??
Granny Bear Wrote:Didn't the author of that song "Don't Worry, Be Happy" commit suicide??
No. According to Snopes, that is an unfounded internet rumor. However, while looking up that factoid, I discovered that the line "Don't worry, be happy" was inspired by Meher Baba, an Indian mystic who declared himself an "avatar," or incarnation of God. Obama seems to be following the same strategy in life, telling his followers not to worry about the deficit that threatens to destroy this nation. Obamaism is both an economic system and a religion afflicting millions of fools in this country. We will all pay for their stupidity.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Obama says that the deficit is not an immediate concern. His followers should not worry and be happy.
Boner and Ryan also said this.
TheRealVille Wrote:Boner and Ryan also said this.
I am not a blind partisan. Your constant references to Boehner as "Boner" are very lame, but I detest the guy. As for Ryan, his budget proposals don't go far enough, but it is aimed at balancing the budget over a 10 year period. For Obama, whatever concern he expresses for budget deficits is aimed at squeezing more money out of working Americans. He is nothing but a lazy class warrior.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am not a blind partisan. Your constant references to Boehner as "Boner" are very lame, but I detest the guy. As for Ryan, his budget proposals don't go far enough, but it is aimed at balancing the budget over a 10 year period. For Obama, whatever concern he expresses for budget deficits is aimed at squeezing more money out of working Americans. He is nothing but a lazy class warrior.
Should I go back and find the many names you have called Obama?
TheRealVille Wrote:Should I go back and find the many names you have called Obama?
There is no denying that I have tagged Obama with many nicknames, but I don't wear any of them out with overuse.
TheRealVille Wrote:Should I go back and find the many names you have called Obama?

You act as if you are offended for Obama's sake because people who love their country are trying to call him out for his socialist agenda. Rational folks who have taken the time to analyze his policies, are forced to conclude he is attempting to depose our status in this world and put America in her rightful place as he sees it, among with the European nations of our roots. I believe he sees America as just a European nation full of white guys who've gotten too big for their britches. He hates colonialism and capitalism. And he hates free enterprise.

You on the other hand say you hate anything that you deem a potential threat to your union, and therefore you vote against republicans who you say are trying to kill unions. Are you really saying you, a self proclaimed genius, can't see the end game for the existence of unions if Obama's vision of America gets fully implemented? I can promise you one thing, you and the rest of union labor who finds themselves at mid-career will be hard pressed to draw a pension check of any real substance. And, medical care will be a nightmare for you no matter how much kool aid you gargle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:Boner and Ryan also said this.

As I have said, Boehner and Ryan think if we act with some fiscal prudence now, there is still time to turn our financial ship of state before we strike the iceberg. I'm not so confident, because I know Reid will never allow it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There is no denying that I have tagged Obama with many nicknames, but I don't wear any of them out with overuse.
So, it is less lame that you call Obama "many nicknames" verses my one that I tag Boehner with? :biglmao:
TheRealVille Wrote:So, it is less lame that you call Obama "many nicknames" verses my one that I tag Boehner with? :biglmao:
That's right. It shows some creativity. I usually refer to Obama as "Obama." You have used "Boner" 15 times. I suspect that it is because you cannot spell his name without looking it up. :biglmao:
  • 1(current)
  • Next