Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Stays and Who Goes
i think Goodwin and Noel for sure,i know Goodwin needs to stay,but they will take a chance on him,theres NO WAY,anybody else needs to leave,whats ur guys thoughts?
We need a bench.
i think Goodwin and Noel for sure,i know Goodwin needs to stay but they will take a chance on him. theres NO WAY anybody else needs to leave,whats ur guys thoughts?
Noel is the only guy ready to get any playing time in the NBA. Goodwin is an athlete but athletes his size are a dime a dozen. He may be an legitimate NBA player or even a star someday, but he has a long, long way to go. Players his size have to be able to shoot and pass the ball.
Harrow will transfer somewhere, I'd say WCS, Goodwin, Poythress and maybe Noel are gone.
If Polson and Hood get the clock they did tonight next year, the Cats are sunk.
Goodwin, WCS and Poythress announced after the game that they all 3 were returning.
Strikeout King Wrote:Goodwin, WCS and Poythress announced after the game that they all 3 were returning.

Can't depend on these guys to run the team, but would be nice to have them on the bench. Even if they announced this, things could change.
During their post-game press conferences, each one of the players hinted around coming back or saying they're not going to leave. And Harrow said he's not transferring and he's coming back. I say Noel is the only one leaving.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:During their post-game press conferences, each one of the players hinted around coming back or saying they're not going to leave. And Harrow said he's not transferring and he's coming back. I say Noel is the only one leaving.

I hope they send Harrow to the restroom at the airport and leave him in Pittsburgh. I just think he is not mentally tough enough to play bigtime basketball.
Spud6 Wrote:During their post-game press conferences, each one of the players hinted around coming back or saying they're not going to leave. And Harrow said he's not transferring and he's coming back. I say Noel is the only one leaving.

I think Noel returns.
Noel - gone (95% chance)

Poythress - definitely returns (99% chance)

Cauley-Stein - likely returns (60-70% chance)

Goodwin - probably returns (80-90% chance)

Harrow - wants to stay but (if anyone heard Cal after the game) will have to take his talents to another school (99% chance)
Potential Roster for 2013-2014

Starters

1.) PG - Andrew Harrison
2.) G - Aaron Harrison
3.) G - Archie Goodwin or James Young
4.) F - Julius Randle (he decides tomorrow and it looks good for the Cats)
5.) C - Willie Cauley-Stein

Bench Depth Chart

6.) G - Archie Goodwin or James Young
7.) F - Alex Poythress
8.) F - Marcus Lee
9.) C - Dakari Johnson
10.) G - Dominique Hawkins (I think the state champ gets the scholly offer)
11.) G - Jarrod Polson
12.) F - Jon Hood
13.) F - Derek Willis

The possibilities are unlimited. It will be very interesting to see what happens with the Julius Randle decision tomorrow and with the decisions of our current players in the coming weeks. I'm excited.

College basketball better watch out next year.
Dont care as long as Harrow is gone.
Hopefully every player off this years team is gone.
I think all of them are coming back!
IMO, Noel and WCS are gone...and I hope Goodwin follows suit, can't stand to watch him play....

Poythres will want to stay but I think Cal may encourage him to transfer.

Harrow will want to stay but if does, he will be coming in off the bench.
Noel is gone. Other than him I can see everyone but maybe WCS staying.
Per Kentucky Sports Radio:

Ryan Harrow:
“I can’t go anywhere, so I’ll be here next year.”
“I just gotta get back to Kentucky and start working immediately.”
Alex Poythress:
“I’m not ready.”
“We’ll get it right next year.”
Archie Goodwin:
“If any of us were saying we should leave, we’d all be delusional. None of us need to leave.”
“Next year we have a strong group coming in… We’re all going to continue to get better.”
“(Lamb and Jones) came back and got a championship out of it, hopefully we can do the same.”
Willie Cauley-Stein:
“It depends what my situation is. I want to win a national championship. I want to win a ring before I leave college.”
“If it comes down to, and my family needs me, I’ll go. But if not, I’ll stay and get a couple more years of education and develop.”
“I’m not letting this happen next year. The mentality is gonna be different all from the get-go.”
Per Kentucky Sports Radio:

Ryan Harrow:
Alex Poythress:
“I’m not ready.”
Archie Goodwin:
“If any of us were saying we should leave, we’d all be delusional. None of us need to leave.”
“Next year we have a strong group coming in… We’re all going to continue to get better.”
“(Lamb and Jones) came back and got a championship out of it, hopefully we can do the same.”
Willie Cauley-Stein:
“It depends what my situation is. I want to win a national championship. I want to win a ring before I leave college.”
“If it comes down to, and my family needs me, I’ll go. But if not, I’ll stay and get a couple more years of education and develop.”
“I’m not letting this happen next year. The mentality is gonna be different all from the get-go.”
Real Badman Wrote:Per Kentucky Sports Radio:

Ryan Harrow:
Alex Poythress:
“I’m not ready.”
Archie Goodwin:
Willie Cauley-Stein:

So pretty much WCS stein is gone...

However, if the other three do come back and with the incoming class, with a bench like that we better go 40-0.....lol
You all are leaving the sharpshooting Wiltjer out of all this draft talk. How could he not go first round, especially after the way he dismantled the Robert Morris all stars like he did last night? I personally don't see why any team would draft anybody that played last night for any professional team. I do admit WCS has the body to make it in the next level, but right now he sure doesn't have the skill level. I also think Goodwin is our best at driving to the basket, but he surely ain't gonna pass it to anyone else. If he doesn't learn to pass he will be riding the pine alot next season---as I assume surely noone would draft him after his performance last night (and this is a shame because he was the best they had last night). Ryan Horror has been just that, and I hope he transers, or learns how to make Gatorade. I would honestly say that Noel goes to the NBA, Harrow goes somewhere over the rainbow, and the rest stay and cut down the nets next March. I wonder if we could trade Wiltjer for a water boy? No, every teams gotta have a water boy.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Potential Roster for 2013-2014

Starters

1.) PG - Andrew Harrison
2.) G - Aaron Harrison
3.) G - Archie Goodwin or James Young
4.) F - Julius Randle (he decides tomorrow and it looks good for the Cats)
5.) C - Willie Cauley-Stein

Bench Depth Chart

6.) G - Archie Goodwin or James Young
7.) F - Alex Poythress
8.) F - Marcus Lee
9.) C - Dakari Johnson
10.) G - Dominique Hawkins (I think the state champ gets the scholly offer)
11.) G - Jarrod Polson
12.) F - Jon Hood
13.) F - Derek Willis

The possibilities are unlimited. It will be very interesting to see what happens with the Julius Randle decision tomorrow and with the decisions of our current players in the coming weeks. I'm excited.

College basketball better watch out next year.

I'm curious about where u have Kyle?
Harrow will not be back. And you can pencil Wiggins in at sg or small forward.

1.) PG - Andrew Harrison
2.) G - Aaron Harrison
3.) G/F - Andrew Wiggins
4.) F - Julius Randle
5.) C - Dakari Johnson

Bench Depth Chart

6.) G - Archie Goodwin
7.) F - Alex Poythress (May go pro)
8.) F - Marcus Lee
9.) C - WCS (May go pro)
10.) G - James Young
11.) F - Kyle Wiltjer
12.) F - Jon Hood
13.) F - Derek Willis
14.) G- Dominique Hawkins (walk on)
15.) G- Jarrod Polson (walk on)
16.) G- Tod Lanter (walk on)
17.) G- Brian Long (walk on)
18.) G- Sam Malone (walk on)

Some of the walk on’s may not be back, but for a shot at a ring, I see them back. Never will play, but at least get a ring.

Mix1...
^
What a scary ass lineup.

Jalen Rose and Chris Webber will never be talked about again.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
What a scary ass lineup.

Jalen Rose and Chris Webber will never be talked about again.

Jalen, Chris who?

Mix1...
When is Wiggins suppose to announce?

I honestly see him going to FSU.That's where his parents went
Mix1 Wrote:Harrow will not be back. And you can pencil Wiggins in at sg or small forward.

1.) PG - Andrew Harrison
2.) G - Aaron Harrison
3.) G/F - Andrew Wiggins
4.) F - Julius Randle
5.) C - Dakari Johnson

Bench Depth Chart

6.) G - Archie Goodwin
8.) F - Marcus Lee
9.) C - WCS (May go pro)
10.) G - James Young
11.) F - Kyle Wiltjer
12.) F - Jon Hood
13.) F - Derek Willis

Some of the walk on’s may not be back, but for a shot at a ring, I see them back. Never will play, but at least get a ring.

Mix1...

1.) WCS would start over Johnson if he comes back. He said last night that he wants a ring & all signs are pointing to him coming back. However, $ talks. Johnson has also said he has no problem playing behind Noel & WCS. Although, Noel is gone.
2.) Poythress nor Goodwin are NBA ready. Again $ talks.
3.) Harrow says he will be back & his experience can add depth to the bench. I hope he comes back & maybe by his senior year he can redeem himself.
4.) There was no comment from Wiltjer last night after the game, which likely means he may be considering a transfer. Which, may be the best for him. With Poythress, Lee, Willis, & Randle it may be a good idea for him to go play somewhere his final two seasons. I hope he does what's best for him & the program. The dribble drive isn't for him but his shooting has been a key although it was inconsistent. I often think back to the 10' NCAA Tourney against WVU. Had we had a shooter like him, it may have helped us. Then again if he was off it may have been worse.
5.) Dominque Hawkins has stated he will not accept a walk-on offer from UK. He wants a scholarship.
6.) With all the guys staying, & the tight recruitment of Wiggins between us & Florida State. I see him at FSU now. Gordon will be Zona bound. I honestly felt that Randle was our best shot & glad it worked out.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I'm curious about where u have Kyle?
I had a feeling last night after hearing Cal's comments that we may not see Kyle Wiltjer next season. If he doesn't get his act together (and quit fooling around making White Boy Academy videos), get serious about basketball, and make a Josh Harrellson-like transformation, then if he's on the team, playing time may be less than 5 minutes per game.

I've thought about it for a night and think he will be back and play a little lesser role than he did on the 2011-2012 team. He will come into the game to do one thing, shoot. He will play 5-8 minutes per game and shoot much better than he did this past season.
Mix1 Wrote:Harrow will not be back. And you can pencil Wiggins in at sg or small forward.

1.) PG - Andrew Harrison
2.) G - Aaron Harrison
3.) G/F - Andrew Wiggins
4.) F - Julius Randle
5.) C - Dakari Johnson

Bench Depth Chart

6.) G - Archie Goodwin
8.) F - Marcus Lee
9.) C - WCS (May go pro)
10.) G - James Young
11.) F - Kyle Wiltjer
12.) F - Jon Hood
13.) F - Derek Willis

Mix1...

A few problems with this lineup.

1.) Andrew Wiggins. I don't see him coming (I guess anything is possible with Cal, though).

2.) Dominique Hawkins has said he will not accept and walk-on spot anywhere (I don't blame him; I all but guarantee he will get a scholarship offer from UK).

3.) Polson has earned his place and will not be that low on the depth chart (he probably will be on scholarship next season).

4.) Dakari Johnson ain't starting over WCS.

This is all just my opinion. The only thing that will determine who starts, who plays, etc. next season is who wants it the most. Cal just said last night that "there will be unbelievable competition" and if you're not deserving to play "then you absolutely will not play".

There is a lot of potential to be epic next season. I think with the talent coming in, Cal can now use the bench as a motivator which will get Archie going, Alex out of his "softy" funk, and Willie transformed from raw to rich.

Good luck to all the teams in the 2013-2014 season. They're gonna need it. It will be one to remember.
I would be SHOCKED if Harrow is on the team next season after hearing Cal's comments.