Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 16 Pikeville 5
Final from Pikeville

Congrats Blackcats!
Does not bode well for Pikeville at all.
Pikeville was up 3-0 when I had to leave what happened?
^Last I heard, thay only have like 11 players. Is there any truth to this?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I heard the same thing myself, Hook.
Congrats Pburg
IRISH4 Wrote:I heard the same thing myself, Hook.

Just don't make any sense if it's true ???????
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Congrats CATS!!! Simpkins has taken an average program and turned it into a regional contender.
PHS Coach Wrote:Congrats CATS!!! Simpkins has taken an average program and turned it into a regional contender.

He really has done a fantastic job over there.
OffTheHook Wrote:^Last I heard, thay only have like 11 players. Is there any truth to this?

It's true, they're VERY low on players this year lol.
^Does anyone know why?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:^Last I heard, thay only have like 11 players. Is there any truth to this?

Don't know if that's true or not. But it seems so hard to believe, Pikeville always fields a strong team, and there is a lot of interest in the sport there.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
13 players on the roster listed on KHSAA scoreboard site. Maybe Panther Thunder can give us the scoop?
^Three straight 20 win season and one of those was a 30 win season!

Why wouldn't kids be excited to play?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
^IMHO that is a question for the coach.
Not sure I'd blame the coach. I doubt any coach would want to start a game with only 4 guys on the bench.

Are some of the kids deciding they'd rather get ready for football season instead?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Just baffled at this. Such a successful program and now no one is playing. I know there are bunches of kids there that can play.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
jetpilot Wrote:13 players on the roster listed on KHSAA scoreboard site. Maybe Panther Thunder can give us the scoop?

You got me to go look at Valley's roster too. They really don't have any baseball tradition to speak of compared to Pikeville, but they do have 15 players listed.

Although in comparing the ages of the two teams, Pikeville at least has some veteran leadership with 8 seniors. Valley, on the other hand, only has 2 seniors and 0 juniors.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Not sure I'd blame the coach. I doubt any coach would want to start a game with only 4 guys on the bench.

Are some of the kids deciding they'd rather get ready for football season instead?

Who is blaming the coach? If someone wants to know why numbers are way down, he would be the first guy to ask...
jetpilot Wrote:^IMHO that is a question for the coach.

jetpilot Wrote:Who is blaming the coach? If someone wants to know why numbers are way down, he would be the first guy to ask...

Everyone is just asking where all the kids are amd why no interest.

You are the only one that keeps bringing up the coach......

70 wins in the last 3 seasons? Why would the coach even be mentioned?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Guys look at the roster and the eight seniors include the coaches son. We saw this in the past with the older sons group. A lot of talent walking the halls. Next year, assuming none of those four quit,you have four returning players. It will take three years to recover for this. Ask the kids who are not playing not the coach, they are the only ones who can tell you emphatically. Priode is a great person but this is an example IMO why Dads should not coach high school sports.
The powers kid threw an excellent game.
OffTheHook Wrote:Everyone is just asking where all the kids are amd why no interest.

You are the only one that keeps bringing up the coach......

70 wins in the last 3 seasons? Why would the coach even be mentioned?

I'll try to spell it out for you. If you want to know about the baseball program do you ask the cheerleaders? Do you ask me? Do you ask the janitor? Do you ask the football coach? Do you ask every kid in the halls of the school? No. I would ask the baseball coach. Don't know who you would ask.
To spell it out even further in case that didn't work for you...I AM NOT BLAMING THE COACH.
Commanche Wrote:Guys look at the roster and the eight seniors include the coaches son. We saw this in the past with the older sons group. A lot of talent walking the halls. Next year, assuming none of those four quit,you have four returning players. It will take three years to recover for this. Ask the kids who are not playing not the coach, they are the only ones who can tell you emphatically. Priode is a great person but this is an example IMO why Dads should not coach high school sports.

Why don't you just tell us what you know since no one on here knows who those kids are and couldn't/wouldn't try to track them down and no one on here thinks asking the head of the program (the coach) is the way to go. Are a lot of kids not playing because of perceived favoritism?
Congrats Pburg. I do have a solution. Get someone to make a survey and take one day next week and give to the boys at Pikeville High School. Then we can find out the reason why they only have 13 on roster
bballfan2 Wrote:Congrats Pburg. I do have a solution. Get someone to make a survey and take one day next week and give to the boys at Pikeville High School. Then we can find out the reason why they only have 13 on roster

How many of them do you think would tell you they are just too lazy or they would rather be playing on their xbox?
More Cowbell Wrote:Not sure I'd blame the coach. I doubt any coach would want to start a game with only 4 guys on the bench.

We do that every game in football......
jetpilot Wrote:Why don't you just tell us what you know since no one on here knows who those kids are and couldn't/wouldn't try to track them down and no one on here thinks asking the head of the program (the coach) is the way to go. Are a lot of kids not playing because of perceived favoritism?

Dont take it personal Jet Pilot, everyone around the program knows that the perceived favoratism is a big part of the problem. Some very good players walking the halls that are not playing xbox or lazy. You have been around and I bet you can name each and everyone of them as I can, dont play dumb. Asking any coach, you will get the answer you gave that they must be lazy. They just dont want to waste their time if they dont feel they will get a fair shake. Most of these LAZY kids as you call them play multiple sports. I like the idea of a survey and it has been proposed that all exiting seniors be given an evaluation of the coaches they played for. Trust me the folks at Pikeville dont care and dont want the answer.
:Thumbs:
It's probably safe to say that the kids will be preparing for this up coming football season.
Commanche Wrote:Dont take it personal Jet Pilot, everyone around the program knows that the perceived favoratism is a big part of the problem. Some very good players walking the halls that are not playing xbox or lazy. You have been around and I bet you can name each and everyone of them as I can, dont play dumb. Asking any coach, you will get the answer you gave that they must be lazy. They just dont want to waste their time if they dont feel they will get a fair shake. Most of these LAZY kids as you call them play multiple sports. I like the idea of a survey and it has been proposed that all exiting seniors be given an evaluation of the coaches they played for. Trust me the folks at Pikeville dont care and dont want the answer.
:Thumbs:

Whoa now I didn't say that people that were not playing were lazy. I just said if that was the problem you wouldn't find out by asking those not playing. I really don't know the situation or who the good players are who didn't come out this year. I do know enough to know that there is a ton of talent in the halls of PHS. The evaluation idea is a great one. Kids are evaluated every day and have pressure on them, why not coaches. Another thing is that these excellent teams Pikeville has had lately were no accident. Certain people put tons of time and effort into baseball in Pikeville for many years. Don't know if there are people picking up the slack these days, there are some very big shoes to try to fill.