Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boone Co New coach
Jeff Griffith hasn’t known what it’s felt like to coach in a losing high school football game since the 2010 season and now he’s in charge of trying to get Boone County turned around after a disappointing 2012 season.
Griffith, who has been defensive coordinator at Bowling Green since 2002, including the 15-0 Class 5A state championship teams in 2011 and 2012, was named on Monday as head coach at Boone County. He replaces Rick Thompson, who resigned after 15 seasons as Boone County’s head coach during which he compiled a 94-83 record, including reaching the state semifinals in Class 4A (when it was the biggest class in the state) in 2004 and 2007, in Class 6A in 2011 and having 10 straight winning seasons from 1999-2008.
Griffith was head coach at Wayne County from 1998-2001 and compiled a 19-25 record. He was previously an assistant at Greenwood from 1995-97 and a prior stint at Bowling from 1990-94.
He also has a son, Owen, who was a starting outside linebacker on this past season’s state championship team as a junior. Owen, who is listed at 6 feet 5, 184 pounds, recorded 61 tackles, three fumble recoveries and returned his only interception for a touchdown.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/recruiting/2...all-coach/
nky Wrote:Jeff Griffith hasn’t known what it’s felt like to coach in a losing high school football game since the 2010 season and now he’s in charge of trying to get Boone County turned around after a disappointing 2012 season.
Griffith, who has been defensive coordinator at Bowling Green since 2002, including the 15-0 Class 5A state championship teams in 2011 and 2012, was named on Monday as head coach at Boone County. He replaces Rick Thompson, who resigned after 15 seasons as Boone County’s head coach during which he compiled a 94-83 record, including reaching the state semifinals in Class 4A (when it was the biggest class in the state) in 2004 and 2007, in Class 6A in 2011 and having 10 straight winning seasons from 1999-2008.
Griffith was head coach at Wayne County from 1998-2001 and compiled a 19-25 record. He was previously an assistant at Greenwood from 1995-97 and a prior stint at Bowling from 1990-94.
He also has a son, Owen, who was a starting outside linebacker on this past season’s state championship team as a junior. Owen, who is listed at 6 feet 5, 184 pounds, recorded 61 tackles, three fumble recoveries and returned his only interception for a touchdown.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/recruiting/2...all-coach/

His son is 6'5" and only 184 lbs,Tall drink of water could put a few more pounds on and really cause some teams problems!

Wonder if new coaching blood at Boone Co. will be willing to play Highlands since no one else except Campbell Co. is willing to?
sstack Wrote:His son is 6'5" and only 184 lbs,Tall drink of water could put a few more pounds on and really cause some teams problems!

That statement in the article is inaccurate, his son is actually a 6'3 225 OLB.
sstack Wrote:His son is 6'5" and only 184 lbs,Tall drink of water could put a few more pounds on and really cause some teams problems!

Wonder if new coaching blood at Boone Co. will be willing to play Highlands since no one else except Campbell Co. is willing to?

I doubt you will ever see a NKY team other than Campbell play HHS as long as Mueller is there and how decided not to contribute his portion to the Tom Potter scholarship fund and keep the.money for HHS.
mason Wrote:I doubt you will ever see a NKY team other than Campbell play HHS as long as Mueller is there and how decided not to contribute his portion to the Tom Potter scholarship fund and keep the.money for HHS.

Jeff will do a great job at Boone Co.
mason Wrote:I doubt you will ever see a NKY team other than Campbell play HHS as long as Mueller is there and how decided not to contribute his portion to the Tom Potter scholarship fund and keep the.money for HHS.

boo hoo. keep the money? what the hell are you talking about? Coach Mueller is the best coach in NKY history, possibly best in KY history. That is why other NKY teams dont schedule Highlands because they know its like putting a L on your schedule in February.

So what offense does this new BC HC run?

Last time I checked Covington Catholic was in Northern Kentucky
bluedad1 Wrote:Last time I checked Covington Catholic was in Northern Kentucky

Talking about teams not in their district (CCH has to play them). I would think and hope CCH would continue to play HHS even if they get moved to different classes.
sstack Wrote:Talking about teams not in their district (CCH has to play them). I would think and hope CCH would continue to play HHS even if they get moved to different classes.

Understood. I would be willing to bet any amount of $ that even if they were moved to different classes that CCH and Highlandswould happily agree to keep the regular season series intact.
But the change in classes is on the horizon. This years CCH Freshman class was the largest in 10 years @ 150 boys. I'm told next years class may trump that with possibly 170-180 enrolling. Which I believe would push them up to 5A at the next occasion to reclassify (which is 2014 yes?).
Coach Griffith will make Boone County a force once again in 6A. He is the best defensive coordinator I have ever seen. He will hire an offensive coordinator to run the offense and he will handle the defense. That's what they have been doing at Bowling Green for a long time. We sure hate to see him go. Great guy.