Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor: Ryan Harrow to transfer?
Heard this from a few buddies today? Any truth to this? Said they heard he was transferring to an NAIA school. Again just rumor
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
If i was him i would.
He will NOT start next year.
He's a sophomore. He should stay. It would benefit him to work under Cal 2 more years.
he would be a good sub next yr, and wouldnt hurt them at all,he better stay so he can get a ring..
John Calipari will maximize Harrows' potential. Harrow has some skills but lacks determination. A 2nd transfer would validate this.
He could be a beast by his senior year.
We all know Harrison will start at PG next year.
Im curious to see if the likes of a couple of returning players dont try to leave and go somewhere else, IMHO, with the addition of Wiggins, you will have 5 Frosh starting next year with the Harrison twins, Johnson, Lee, Young, Wiggins, and if Parker also comes, which would be amazing, your 6th and 7th men would be frosh as well because youve still got two frosh better than anyone else on the roster.
Kinda makes you wonder how thats gonna make players like Wiltjer feel barely getting any playing time.
If Wiltjers shot falls he will get plenty of minutes, and he will be in the N B A longer than any other player on this years roster.
Lol NAIA school. Come on.
insideinfo Wrote:If Wiltjers shot falls he will get plenty of minutes, and he will be in the N B A longer than any other player on this years roster.

Kyle Wiltjer will never get drafted or make an NBA roster. I promise. I hear people talk about him all the time, "do you think Wiltjer will be back?". Of course he will. He will be back until he graduates and has to play overseas.
insideinfo Wrote:If Wiltjers shot falls he will get plenty of minutes, and he will be in the N B A longer than any other player on this years roster.

LOL Please.
Wiltjer may fare better in the NBA than you all think. He doesnt guard anybody (nobody in the NBA does either) and he has the main attribute that white guys in the league absolutely HAS TO HAVE- A last name that looks hard to pronounce. He just needs to get a CCCP or Lithuania tattoo and he'll be fine..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Wiltjer may fare better in the NBA than you all think. He doesnt guard anybody (nobody in the NBA does either) and he has the main attribute that white guys in the league absolutely HAS TO HAVE- A last name that looks hard to pronounce. He just needs to get a CCCP or Lithuania tattoo and he'll be fine..

A couple players guard in the playoffs! :biggrin:
theVILLE Wrote:Heard this from a few buddies today? Any truth to this? Said they heard he was transferring to an NAIA school. Again just rumor

A few buddies? Does that even qualify as a rumor? LOL
It's as good as "sources".Confusednicker:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Kyle Wiltjer will never get drafted or make an NBA roster. I promise. I hear people talk about him all the time, "do you think Wiltjer will be back?". Of course he will. He will be back until he graduates and has to play overseas.

Have you ever seen Steve Novak play?? When Kyle's shots are falling he's in the same category. In the NBA, you don't have to play defense if you can shoot.

Harrow would be a fool to transfer to an NAIA school, it would be the end of his NBA dreams. If he plays the role of the reserve comes back for his senior year & leads his team to back to back championships, he'd be a BBN savior. Harrow can play, he's just got to get over his timidness & play ball. Two more years with Cal would benefit him greatly, it worked out well for Darius. He played a role of the reserve his senior year, after being a starter for the 3 previous years.
Kyle has No chance.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:A few buddies? Does that even qualify as a rumor? LOL

How else do rumors get started??? Ive heard this from several people including a student that has class with him. Just ask if anybody else had heard anything
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
The Blue Blur Wrote:Have you ever seen Steve Novak play?? When Kyle's shots are falling he's in the same category. In the NBA, you don't have to play defense if you can shoot.

Harrow would be a fool to transfer to an NAIA school, it would be the end of his NBA dreams. If he plays the role of the reserve comes back for his senior year & leads his team to back to back championships, he'd be a BBN savior. Harrow can play, he's just got to get over his timidness & play ball. Two more years with Cal would benefit him greatly, it worked out well for Darius. He played a role of the reserve his senior year, after being a starter for the 3 previous years.

Completely inaccurate about defense. The reason that scoring is 25 points less than what it was in the 80's is because of DEFENSE! NBA scores in the 70's and early 80's were averaging 125 points per team. You don't drop 20 points with the way athletes can get to the rim today without it being defense!

As for Wiltjer, here is a picture of him playing defense

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/image...JzvpN967Dw]
I heard a rumor that Wiltjer is going to star in a new film with Woody Harrelson called White Men Can't jump, run, slide or help on weakside defense. He might be a slug, but he's our slug!
Harrow needs to leave
Not much pt next year
Harrow doesn't need much playing time. He needs growth.
Fatt Jones Wrote:I heard a rumor that Wiltjer is going to star in a new film with Woody Harrelson called White Men Can't jump, run, slide or help on weakside defense. He might be a slug, but he's our slug!
This has killed me :biglmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:We all know Harrison will start at PG next year.
Im curious to see if the likes of a couple of returning players dont try to leave and go somewhere else, IMHO, with the addition of Wiggins, you will have 5 Frosh starting next year with the Harrison twins, Johnson, Lee, Young, Wiggins, and if Parker also comes, which would be amazing, your 6th and 7th men would be frosh as well because youve still got two frosh better than anyone else on the roster.
Kinda makes you wonder how thats gonna make players like Wiltjer feel barely getting any playing time.

Gut I don't know what these guys are seeing in Wiltjer? If Cal had somebody else, Wiljer probably wouldn't even get into a game. IMO he needs to redshirt and add 20lbs to his frame. Seems guys on here think he is 1st round draft pick lol.
Stardust Wrote:Completely inaccurate about defense. The reason that scoring is 25 points less than what it was in the 80's is because of DEFENSE! NBA scores in the 70's and early 80's were averaging 125 points per team. You don't drop 20 points with the way athletes can get to the rim today without it being defense!

^:biglmao:

While I agree that athleticism & defense is the difference in the scoring from the 70's & 80's I disagree Wiltjer. Each team has players with different attributes, & some of those guys are sparks off the bench scorers, others are shut down defensive guys, other transition players, & others are inside bangers. Wiltjer when hitting is in the same mold of Steve Novak from the Knicks, & Ryan Anderson from the Hornets. Neither of those guys are real athletic but can use their size & tools to get open shots. Is Wiltjer ready?? Heck no, but if he shot this year like he did last he may be. Wiltjer is struggling because the team is struggling. He's relied upon for experience & scoring, which isn't the type of player he is. The dribble drive wasn't made for Wiltjer, & I'm not sure why Cal took him other than his shooting ability.
Stardust Wrote:Completely inaccurate about defense. The reason that scoring is 25 points less than what it was in the 80's is because of DEFENSE! NBA scores in the 70's and early 80's were averaging 125 points per team. You don't drop 20 points with the way athletes can get to the rim today without it being defense!

I disagree with you Stardust. I think the late 70's and 80's NBA was basketball at its best! Back then players were more skilled and about every good team had a 7 footer that could play. If Kareem was in todays NBA with todays defensive rules he would average 40 points a game in his prime. Plus very few skilled centers in todays game can score and pass the basketball. Dwight Howard has a awful time when he plays D. Cousins! Cousins has made him look average about everytime they have met! How would you expect Howard to do back in the 80's when he would have had to face Kareem, Mose Malone, Pat Ewing, Robert Parrish, and Hakeem Olajuwon, every night? Those guys could hand check him all night too. The reason they score less now is because its a dribble and drive game with kickouts to shooters, back in the 80's it was a true inside out game with the ball going inside to skilled big men who could score and this forced the D to double team. Take to 86' Celtics, they would throw into Kevin Mchale and if the D didn't double him he was scoring 45. Today's big men can't score in the post and if they can all you have to do is foul them because they can't make Free throws! They can do fancy dunks now but a dunk is only 2 points!
In the 70s and 80s you weren't allowed to mug people and call it defense. I agree with Jay Bilas. Clean up the game.
I think Harrow should stay! He will still get minutes next year!! We all have seen how this years freshman class has struggled. And they will be struggles for next years freshman too. If all works out and the Harrison twins leave for the NBA. Then Harrow as a senior point guard should get to start!!!
Harrow needs to go...

He whines a lot and every year Cal brings in point guards so he will not get as much playing time. If he is that worried about it, how about he try harder to improve his game.

However, IMO it would be better to stay and play under Cal then go to a NAIA school, even if he did start there.
why transfer to an naia? sit out a year and go to a mid major