Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derek Willis’ Predictions for Undecided Recruits
What do you think about Andrew Wiggins and Julius Randle’s decisions?

Quote:When I put my predictions out there for people coming, they generally do happen. As far as Wiggins goes, I’ve tried to figure him out. I’ve read everything and looked him up. I don’t know. I know UK is one of his top two choices, I would say. As far as Julius Randle goes, and this is all based on what I’ve found, what I’ve read, I think he will come. As far as Aaron Gordon goes, he’s on the West Coast. I don’t think he’ll come, too far away. That’s just my insight.

http://www.nationofblue.com/derek-willis...-recruits/
IMHO, i'm banking on Wiggins coming to complete the best recruiting class of all time.
However, if Randle comes as well, which ive not ever believed is going to happen, then watch out.....Go ahead and tell all the current frosh to go pro, and tell Wiltjer his playing times will be two minutes next year.

This class will be unbelievable if we get both. Its already a great class, but these two as well? Best Ever.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:IMHO, i'm banking on Wiggins coming to complete the best recruiting class of all time.
However, if Randle comes as well, which ive not ever believed is going to happen, then watch out.....Go ahead and tell all the current frosh to go pro, and tell Wiltjer his playing times will be two minutes next year.

This class will be unbelievable if we get both. Its already a great class, but these two as well? Best Ever.

I wouldn't bank on Wiggins. He is a long shot. Julius Randle is the one that you should expect. Matt Jones, Jason Jordan (who lived with Randle at one time during his recruiting process) and Jerry Meyer still say UK.

If neither come, Kentucky is a Final Four contender. If one of these two come, best recruiting class ever and go ahead and hang the banner for 2014 Champions. If we get both.....yeah, that's not going to happen.
^
Wiggins IMO has always been leaning toward UK.
He wanted other schools to recruit him, but hes noted UK and FSU as his top 2 during the whole process, and why would he go to FSU other than to be the star, and if thats the case, i dont want him anyways.
With wiggins mom and dad being Florida State alums, I don't see him coming.
I think Randle will be there, because he wants to play with a great point guard.
If you were in Wiggins shoes what would you do? I would wanna be a star and be without a doubt the #1 draft pick by my numbers I put up. Could stay close to home and still have a legit shot at a FF or a championship. Its easy, he is gone to FSU!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
^
If he goes to FSU, he wont be the number one pick.
Teams will double team him all year and his stats wont be any good as FSU sucks.
Thats your opinion and I got mine. What about Kemba Walker? What about derrick rose? What about Devan Downey? If Wiggins puts up numbers like Downey did for SC he will be the #1 pick.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
They played with good teams.....
Wiggins' parents went to FSU. That's a big part of him possibly going there. He did have a good time at UK on his visit a week ago. We won't get both I don't think. But I'm sure we will get one of them, and that's all that matters.
Id rather have Wiggins, but id take Randle over any other player in the country.
Getting either Wiggins or Randle would make for the best class ever, lol.

Wiggins goes #1 no matter where he goes, the kid will put up great numbers whether it's at UK or FSU. He's the best talent to come along in the last 10 years, and I think he's the next Lebron and Kobe type of superstar.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:IMHO, i'm banking on Wiggins coming to complete the best recruiting class of all time.

After suffering through this season watching a talented team with almost no returning players with game experience in Calipari's system, does it really make sense to you to chase off experienced players and assume that next season's team will live up to your wildest expectations? If nothing else, the current players who are clearly not ready for the NBA could provide depth and make practices much more productive.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:They played with good teams.....

Devan Downey did? could have fooled me! FSU isnt a bad team
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Hoot Gibson Wrote:After suffering through this season watching a talented team with almost no returning players with game experience in Calipari's system, does it really make sense to you to chase off experienced players and assume that next season's team will live up to your wildest expectations? If nothing else, the current players who are clearly not ready for the NBA could provide depth and make practices much more productive.

It does when our experienced players suck ass.
Just saying....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It does when our experienced players suck ass.
Just saying....
I have not seen an NBA draft projection that does not have Cauley-Stein, Poythress, and Goodwin listed in the top 30 (mostly top 20 or so). Are you telling me that there is no room on next year's UK roster for 10 percent of the projected top 30 NBA draft picks? Wiltjer was just named the top sixth man in the SEC and Harrow has shown flashes of brilliance lately. Wiltjer contributed to the team's success last season, and he would do fine coming off the bench next season as well, whether it is as a sixth or tenth man.

I would love to see a UK team that could go 10 deep next season. We will never get to that point if the program chases off all underclassmen that are not projected top 10 NBA draft picks. Depth translates to success in college basketball and a lack of depth has hurt this year's team team. I don't want to see a replay next season.
^
Im not saying these players arent somewhat good, but there nowhere near where they should be with the hype theyve had.
The draft projections can have them as high as they want, it doesnt mean they wont be in the D league in 6 months.
^Agreed. Depth is crucial. Cal has never had a team that was even nine deep, much less 10.
Noel is gone, WCS is gone, Goodwin is gone and I am guessing that Harrow will leave because his stock will never be higher. Of the three mentioned, I would guess that WCS is the ONLY one that could gain anything from coming back. Only because he has such raw talent and this is the first year that he was 100% focused on b-ball.
Charles Barkley told Noel to stay in school
Poythess, Goodwin and WCS are at 15, 18 and 21 respectively. I did not see Wiltjer or Harrow on the board but might have missed them.
Noel is STILL the #1 pick, he needs to leave.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Im not saying these players arent somewhat good, but there nowhere near where they should be with the hype theyve had.
The draft projections can have them as high as they want, it doesnt mean they wont be in the D league in 6 months.
They have been good enough to earn a #2 seed in the SEC tournament playing mostly freshmen, and if they are not substantially better next season than when they were this season, then that would be more of a reflection on their coach than on them. If Calipari deserves credit for getting last season's team to play unselfishly, then he deserves some blame for failing to get this group to do the same. We don't have 10 players joining the team next season that are better than the ones that you suggest should be pushed to the curb. Cleaning house would make no sense.
^
As other have said, the fact that we got a two seed with this team shows how bad the SEC is.
This conference is hardly ever a powerhouse, but its extremely down right now.
Teams will double team him all year and his stats wont be any good as FSU sucks.

Agree 100%
1 SuperStar<5 SuperStars.
Easy math, come join us Wiggens!

NBA does not draft on stats. Wiggins will be #1 pick if he went to pikeville college.

On another note, randle to UK is about as good as it gets right now.

Mix1...