Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia 72 - Kentucky 62
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ill take that style of play every day.
We just won a national championship last year. Thats how im different than crazy UK fans, im still satisfied with number 8, most schools have never won one. Take a break and enjoy watching the underdogs beat all the "good" teams in the tourney this year. Because, next year, UK 40-0.

Did sources tell they would be 40-0?

:devilflam

Don't think I'm getting any taller but I could add to the 265. Ill just switch from lite to regular.
I'd take a year like this for a National Championship any day...

But I can't keep my patience and keep making excuses for quitters and punks, and we have a couple of those. Makes me sick and to be honest, I kind of hope those guys leave. The quitters are Harrow, Goodwin, Poythress and Willie Cauley-Stein, and the punk is Wilie Cauley-Stein.

Lost all patience with this garbage.
As bad as Goodwin has played. He is the only one who gave any effort the past 2 games.
FBALL Wrote:Did sources tell they would be 40-0?

:devilflam

Don't think I'm getting any taller but I could add to the 265. Ill just switch from lite to regular.

I believe i ended up getting the qhole Shabazz thing right.
He ended up being vastly overrated as well, but to be honest, he would have done much better at UK under Cals type of play IMO, and his draft stock would soar.

Maybe cross fit will do the trick....or p90x Confusednicker:

Dont worry, ive added a few pound over the year, well, more than a few....
vundy33 Wrote:I'd take a year like this for a National Championship any day...

But I can't keep my patience and keep making excuses for quitters and punks, and we have a couple of those. Makes me sick and to be honest, I kind of hope those guys leave. The quitters are Harrow, Goodwin, Poythress and Willie Cauley-Stein, and the punk is Wilie Cauley-Stein.

Lost all patience with this garbage.

You doom and gloom fair weathered fan Confusednicker:
Please let this season be over.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:As bad as Goodwin has played. He is the only one who gave any effort the past 2 games.

He didn't show a bit of urgency last night until we were down 10. I'm not just talking recently, I'm talking all year and I've lost my patience with them.

Willie Cauley-Stein is the worst out of them all though. Not only is he a quitter, he's a punk and always blames someone else. I watched him multiple times last night just watch his teammates fight for the ball or dive for it on the floor while e just stood there. He has his good moments, but he's a quitter and lazy I think. He's still not even in the shape he needs to be in even at the end of the season!

I'm just sick of them all, quitters are an embarrassment to the name across their chest and unless they can change in between now and next year, I'd rather see them all leave. We has some horrid teams under BCG, but at least they didn't quit.
Archie has played better the last few games though and I appreciate that.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I stopped reading right there.
This team IS garbage. They have no desire and no heart. They could be good if they wanted to but they have no desire to. They could care less if they win or lose and these guys are worried about something else.
When you have players like we do on the floor the only chance they have is hustle, and this team doesnt do that!
Your entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong. I am a firm believer that when it comes to player attitudes and hustle, the buck stops with the head coach. Calipari did not have enough depth to plant people on the bench the way he did last season when they failed to put out enough effort or played selfishly and still have a shot at a post season.

Now that it looks like UK will not be getting a bid, Calipari probably wishes that he had benched some players for their own good and the good of the program.

If you want to blame somebody for the effort the players gave this season, then blame the coach, but I never expected this team to be able to compete for another title this season. The experience, depth, and talent just were not there.
vundy33 Wrote:Archie has played better the last few games though and I appreciate that.
He is the most selfish of all the freshmen and when he drives the lane and encounters a defender, he is totally lost. If he enters the draft this year, I predict that he will eventually find his way to the D-League. Athletic players his size who are selfish, cannot finish around the basket (unless there are no defenders nearby), and cannot shoot from 3-point range are plentiful in this country. He would benefit more from staying at UK than any of the team's freshmen. Besides Noel, the closest thing to a can't miss prospect, IMO, is Cauley-Stein - and that is because he is 7-feet tall and NBA teams have more patience with players his size.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Your entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong. I am a firm believer that when it comes to player attitudes and hustle, the buck stops with the head coach. Calipari did not have enough depth to plant people on the bench the way he did last season when they failed to put out enough effort or played selfishly and still have a shot at a post season.

Now that it looks like UK will not be getting a bid, Calipari probably wishes that he had benched some players for their own good and the good of the program.

If you want to blame somebody for the effort the players gave this season, then blame the coach, but I never expected this team to be able to compete for another title this season. The experience, depth, and talent just were not there.

I just cant put the full blame on Cal.
I know Cals style of recruiting these frosh one and dones, and his main responsibility is to harness that talent and mature it quickly enough to turn them into good players, but in all reality, he put what everyone, including myself thought was the best 5 we had at the beginning of the year. These players were giving the oppertunity, knowing it was up to them, no matter there age and maturity level to make sure they progressed themselves, and they just didnt do it.
With Cal type teams your going to have these kind of years, that why it takes a recruiting class like next years to be good. Were probably the only team in the country that relies on talent and talent alone and HOPE for a quick learning process.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I just cant put the full blame on Cal.
I know Cals style of recruiting these frosh one and dones, and his main responsibility is to harness that talent and mature it quickly enough to turn them into good players, but in all reality, he put what everyone, including myself thought was the best 5 we had at the beginning of the year. These players were giving the oppertunity, knowing it was up to them, no matter there age and maturity level to make sure they progressed themselves, and they just didnt do it.
With Cal type teams your going to have these kind of years, that why it takes a recruiting class like next years to be good. Were probably the only team in the country that relies on talent and talent alone and HOPE for a quick learning process.

IMO Cal is to blame, not the players! First of all, Cal would have never excepted Archie Badwins wild and selfish play in 2010, 2011 or 2012 seasons but for some reason it has been okay for this guy to go 1 on 3 and jack up some wild shot. Secondly, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this group of players are not great athletes as in past years, so Cal failed to protect this group when he didn't develope a solid zone defense. A smart coach plays the way that best suits the talent that he has! Thirdly Cal has failed to get any kind of contribution from Jon Hood. In seasons past Cal was able to get contributions from guys like Josh Harrellson, Deandre Liggins and Darius Miller. Jon lacks confidence and has never been allowed to play threw his mistakes! IMO if he had been allowed to "play" like Archie Goodwin has, his production would be better, fewer turnovers, a lot fewer bad shots taken, and higher shooting percentages all across the board! Fourthly, Cal has failed to use Alex Poythress correctly. Take a look back at past games, the big win vs Missouri Tigers was a example of what Poythress can do. The past 2 games Alex has not been involved in the offense, he has not got the ball on the post! Even after the Missouri game Cal refuses to make sure that this kid gets the ball in paint and get his shots! Take a look at Alex's shooting percentages!! For this team to win Alex has got to score. When they need 2 points get the ball to ALEX! I simply don't understand CAL this season, Goodwin can go 1 on 3 throw up a wild shot then turn right around and turn the ball over and Cal does nothing, Alex Poythress and make a small mistake on defense or any small mistake and his is on the bench! Go back and watch the films and you people will see what I mean! It's like Cal would rather lose with goodwin missing wild shots that win with Alex being the primary scorer!
^ I don't know about Archie Baldwin, but I am surprised about how Archie Goodwin has gotten away with so much....:lame: