Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky @ Georgia 3/7
Stegeman Coliseum, Athens
Today, 7:00 PM (ET)

Kentucky coming off of a bad lose against Arkansas, Think the Cats can bounce back and beat Georgia?
Yes, Georgia is not good! This is the win that puts the Cats in the dance!
Stardust Wrote:Yes, Georgia is not good! This is the win that puts the Cats in the dance!

....Even if they win, I think they have to make it to the SEC championship game to make it to the tourney.
Georgia coming off of a good win against Tennessee, and we couldn't handle Tennessee. Need to be on our toes, Georgia can make a run and get the W.
judgementday Wrote:....Even if they win, I think they have to make it to the SEC championship game to make it to the tourney.

Easy to have this assumption.

There is a problem though. Name 68 teams that should be in over Kentucky. It's hard to do.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Easy to have this assumption.

There is a problem though. Name 68 teams that should be in over Kentucky. It's hard to do.

37 better teams would be a better figure, as 31 of the teams in the tournament will be automatic qualifiers for winning their conference, regardless of how actually bad they are (pretty sure there was a 16 seed last season with a losing record).

I have an anxious feeling about this game, but it's a MUST-WIN. I think the Cats win by 6.
UK in a must win tonight.
They lose this one, and there done, no matter what happens IMO, unless of course they win the SEC tourney.
If they win, they'll still need a win over Florida, or a good SEC tourney appearance.
I just love it when Bobby Knights cracky voice is streaming waves through my television.

Stop this nonsense and end this man.

14-13 UK by the way.
We dont need a win, we need a good win to improve our resume, and it just isnt happening. This team will never win a close game when there shooting 1-8 from the free throw line.
Halftime and one of the worst teams in the SEC is beating UK in every aspect of the game.
Im turning this garbage off and watching big bang....

2014, please hurry.
2013, say goodnight.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Halftime and one of the worst teams in the SEC is beating UK in every aspect of the game.
Im turning this garbage off and watching big bang....

2014, please hurry.
2013, say goodnight.

Fair weather fan.
Must be the refs fault.....:eyeroll:
I would rather be in the NIT with this team. Maybe they can compete for the NIT championship. Ncaa tourny would be a one and done...lol
Twitter: @tc_analytics

^ I would rather lose in the first round of the NCAA and win it all in the NIT. Playing in the NIT is an accomplishment if you have a young team that you want to build experience with. The bottom-line is that the team that runs the floor for UK next year will be brand new and the new players gain no experience from an NIT from the old players. Give me a streak of NCAA tournament appearances, versus playing in a tournament be for perpetual losers.....
Nah. We just suck. But I'm still going to watch and cheer.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Easy to have this assumption.

50 teams have a better RPI than Kentucky, and Noel helped them earn that rank. How many RPI places will the committee think losing Noel cost the 'Cats? IMO, the only reason Kentucky is still in the running for an at large berth is that our fans buy lots of tickets and drive up TV ratings.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:50 teams have a better RPI than Kentucky, and Noel helped them earn that rank. How many RPI places will the committee think losing Noel cost the 'Cats? IMO, the only reason Kentucky is still in the running for an at large berth is that our fans buy lots of tickets and drive up TV ratings.

Sadly I have to agree with you.
It hurts just hurts to see the team struggle like this.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I do not know which is more painful tonight, watching the Cats play or listening to Bobby Knight?
It hurts to see Tennessee as one of the last four teams in too.
Kentucky will go to the NIT but that's about it. Wouldnt bother me if they all got picked to go to the NBA, smh.