Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region
After the first round of play, four teams remain.

Games are scheduled for tomorrow, 3/2
Whitley County vs. Bell County 12:30 PM
Harlan County vs. Corbin 2:00 PM

It always seems some teams struggle with trying to adjust to playing early in the day. For the first time in 4 years, the 13th Region champion will not be Clay. This region has been a tight race all year, with some remarkable story lines. Whitley's battled multiple injuries time and time again only to fight back in time for region, Bell continues to show how strong they can be as Morris continues to dominate, and in a surprising twist, she wasnt even the leading scorer for Bell in the Lynn Camp game, Harlan County gets to host region and has seemed to be up and down all year long, while Corbin, in all respects, came out of no where and was much stronger than a lot of people gave them credit for.

Should be a fun one.
I think i will make the trip should be Two really good games.I my may stay for the boys final any suggestion on where to eat .
At the end of 119 from Pineville, you turn left to get to HC. If you turn right, there is a whole slew of places, i.e. DQ, Hardees, McD's, Rax, Wendy's, KFC, etc. Best place IMO is the Hoagie Shop but that's in Cumberland.....worth the drive though!!
Wink
At the end of the first

Bell 22
Whitley 13
At halftime

Bell 35
Whitley 24

Whitley not playing well at all right now. Bells been shooting very well.
Could have been a much worse halftime score, but Whitley went on a little run to end the second. If they continue to play as well as they can, it should be a good second half.
End of the 3rd

Bell 43
Whitley 40
Whitley double Bell up in the third, if they can do that again, it could go very well for Whitley.
From the sounds of it, Bell is really tiring with there short bench and Whitley has finally picked up the defensive intensity.
Whitley also stopped Bell from getting to the free throw line in the 3rd after letting them get there multiple times in the 1st half.
Bell 43
Whitley 42
Bell 45
Whitley 42

6 to go
Whitley in the bonus
Whitley 11 of 13 from the free throw line
Bell 12 of 12
5:46 left to go

Bell up 5
5 min to go in the game

49-45 Bell

Robbins fouls out for Bell
Whitley starting to press
53-45 Bell
3 to go
Bell up 7
1:10 left

Bell wrapping things up

Whitley just had a horrible game plan.
Bell was 21-21 from the free throw line, now 21-24
Bell up 5 with 50 seconds left
All about the free throws now
Bell back up 6.

Bell grabs the off rebound

Bell back to the line
Whitley just cold from three after burning it up against Clay
Ball game.

Bell advances to face the winner of HC/Corbin

Morris with over 30 today as well as over 10 rebounds.
The bad game plans of Anderson has finally came to an end.